About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8232717672de49e3ce75eadbeb91f181Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Wonderfest in Louisville KY?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robiwon ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Wonderfest in Louisville KY? Reply with quote

New guy here. Anyone planning on going to this? It is mainly a scifi model show/contest. But every year I have gone there have always been people in costume walking the halls and the shows. Here is a link to the show.

http://www.wonderfest.com/
FallenJedi ()
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A group from Rebel Legion & 501st attend each year.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, those people you see in costume (even if it's not a Star Wars costume) is usually us Very Happy
Feel free to say hey and introduce yourself.
Do you ever enter anything into the contest?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first trip was in '09 and entered my SS X-Wing. I got a Merit award. Not bad for my first show out of 500 entries. I missed going in '10 and went last year and had the X-Wing as part of the SS display. Not entering anything this year I don't think. I will be there Friday thru Sunday staying at the EW. Here are a few pics of the X-Wing I entered.

From the '09 show.

I may or may not dress unless I get boots before then. This is from a few years ago.

But I will at least be bringing this.

These are from last year. Are these members here?

That's me in the background!

jedimika ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to tell if those are "our" stormtroopers but I'm guessing so. That's our Master Chief and that's definitely our Bossk. No mistaking him. Best one in the Legion.

Your costume looks really good. I'd say you're well on your way. Nice saber. Did you craft that as well?

I was at Wonderfest '09 and 2010 but missed last year and will miss most of it this year because of work. Turns out I admired your X-Wing back in '09 myself...

Great work. I don't have any modeling skills myself but I enjoy seeing what other people have done.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! It's nice to see that others took pics of it! Yes I built the Graflex myself.

Here is some pics of my belt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: