Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a61044c7fb6c1e6bf1bb79dd919c6897Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hair and Make-Up Test Parade Gown Amidala

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RebelSenator ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Hair and Make-Up Test Parade Gown Amidala Reply with quote

Here's a test of hair and make-up. I can see that I need to apply the make-up at my neck a little more evenly. Please ignore the head piece. The correct one is being made.

Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the white at your hairline as well. Very Happy

"I dislike smiling. It contorts the face."
Aysel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first: what are you using? liquid white foundation? powder? after re-watching this movie this past weekend on the big screen for the first time (yes I missed out when it first came out) I was paying attention to the little details, your white really should be more white and not have any of your natural skin tone showing through. I'm sure what they used what either water based or alcohol based body paint to get that opaqueness of color. and just a nit-pick I noticed that Padme's eyeliner was on the inside of her lashes and not under. I hope that helps you ^_^

The Flagship Eclipse Detachment Leader 2011/2012
Kashyyyk Base Commanding Officer 2012/2013
Kashyyyk Base Membership Officer 2013/2014
GentleBant ()
Active Legion Member

TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was from another thread:
Xath wrote:
I got this from the Parts of Star Wars website, and this is what I did for my Pre-Senate Kimono:

Quote:
The Queen's makeup was designed with a Japanese Kabuki style. For the porcelain white base color makeup artist Paul Engelen used RCMA Ivory (He found clown white was too bright and made the eyes look red). The powder applied after the ivory base was Channel 01 Aube Power Lumiere Press». The circles on either cheek were done with red "lake" lip pencil. This same color was used on her top lip and the center section of her lower lip. Nars "Fire Down Below" is the brand and exact color. A white base color was used on either side of the red mark on the bottom lip. Other makeup used included Lancome Elancil black mascara and Givenchy Prizm Topaz (eyeliner?). The eyebrows were sculpted in brown/black.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seeing the hairline miss..good catch! I see that I also got some spots on my ears LOL. I put it on rather quickly just for a test. I hope to do a little better this weekend when I wear it for a convention. I'll add silver hair ties.

I'm not sure I'm convinced about the make-up not being a bit translucent. I'm referencing these pics:

I'm not wearing eyeliner in this photo test but thanks for the information. I was wondering about that I couldn't really tell from reference photos. I thought it looked like she wasn't wearing any.
RebelSenator ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I actually probably need to go a little less heavy on the white.

The make-up I'm using is MAC and Ben Nye. The Mac is a sheer white foundation and a very white powder. I think I'll try it wil less foundation and more powder next time.

Thanks for posting what was originally used. That will be very helpful and if anyone who has done this costume and knows some good make-up, let me know.

There is another thread somewhear about her make-up and I can't find it now but I did try to find some of that make-up. Much of it has been discontinued so if anyone has recently done this make-up, please let me know your tips.
Obi Anne (Johanna Nybelius)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The parade gown make up isn't as stark white as the other gowns. I think it's said in the DVD extra material that for the parade gown they wanted to show that the queen had become more "normal" and not as elevated so that's why her make up is lighter and her dress is more flowing compared to her other costumes.
Aysel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, point taken about that parade make-up being a little lighter ^_^ just a suggestion remember to darken your eyebrows so you don't wash out completely ^_^

The Flagship Eclipse Detachment Leader 2011/2012
Kashyyyk Base Commanding Officer 2012/2013
Kashyyyk Base Membership Officer 2013/2014
RebelSenator ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea on the eyebrows. I'll try some light brown eyebrow shading. Some eyeliner might help too.

The rationale behind the lighter make-up for the parade gown is very interesting. Thanks for sharing it.
Princess Sandy ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Dragon Con Planning Team Volunteer (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the parade gown is the only time that her makeup is not supposed to be solid white, it is supposed to be a translucent white. I dont wear eyeliner with it, just mascara.
I also find that if you use red liner instead of lipstick or something creamy that it will last longer and not rub off onto your bottom lip.

All I use is a Ben Nye white setting powder, thats it. You can layer it to achieve the perfect translucent tone. I find that it looks better if you already have normal makeup on underneath the white powder, it doesnt look as dry.

For your hair, i would try to fan the pieces out just a tad more than what they are, but you do have the correct style done; and yes, silver ties.

You can fade the white down your neck and hairline and your ears to make it look seamless. Smile
Active Legion Member

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great start. And yes, translucent for the Parade Gown.
RebelSenator ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help Very Happy . I wore the parade gown for a base meet-up at a local convention this weekend. I took Sandy's advice on the make-up and used regular foundation with the white powder on top. It worked very well and I was pleased with the results. I also fanned my hair out more and sprayed them in place so they looked better. I noticed in the photos taken at the convention that my red didn't stand out as much as I'd like so I will probably look for a brighter shade.
I don't have the correct headpiece for this costume but hope to soon and then I can submit a request for an RL costume approval. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: