Who We Are
What We Do
Get Involved
Member Portal
Resources
Contact Us

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=42f10ad766b62d95b87dafdf1f775c18Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

NYC-ECG/RL: AMC Empire SW3D Troop & Screening - 02/11/12

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CureMode (Chris Feehan)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: NYC-ECG/RL: AMC Empire SW3D Troop & Screening - 02/11/12 Reply with quote

From Bob D. XO of the Empire City Garrison..

Folks, we have been asked my LFL to help support the Episode I 3D Special Event Screenings at AMC Theatres
on Saturday Feb 11.

The Manhattan location is the AMC EMPIRE 25.

Here are the details of the event...

Quote:
The first chapter of the Star Wars Saga arrives in theatres for the first time ever in 3D starting February 10, and AMC® theatres across the country are celebrating the occasion with plans to make opening weekend one for fans and families to remember!

To mark the return of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace to theatres, now in immersive 3D, kids, collectors and Star Wars fans of all ages will receive an all-new Hasbro Star Wars Fighter Pod with the purchase of each RealD® 3D ticket for Episode I, all weekend long, February 10-12 only at AMC theatres (limit one per ticket, while supplies last).

Additionally, 10 AMC theatres in the United States will host exclusive event screenings in RealD 3D to bring the fun of Star Wars in 3D to life for families and fans. Starting Saturday, Feb. 11 at 11 a.m. local time, select theatres will offer activities, giveaways, and interactive experiences. Fans can expect (while supplies last):

Exclusive Anakin Skywalker Podracer 3D glasses with ticket purchase, to truly get into the speed and spectacle of 3D Star Wars on the big screen.
A Hasbro Star Wars FIGHTER PODS collectible toy with RealD 3D ticket purchase
A LEGO® feature area
Darth Maul face-painting; a chance to reveal your inner Sith Lord at long last!
Special character appearances for photo opportunities
Demonstrations of the upcoming Xbox Kinect™ Star Wars

The 10 participating Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace exclusive event screening theatres are:

Atlanta: AMC Southlake 24; Boston: AMC Loews Liberty Tree Mall 20; Chicago: AMC South Barrington 30; Denver: AMC Highlands Ranch 24; Los Angeles: AMC Tustin 14 at The District; AMC Ontario Mills 30; New York: AMC Empire 25; New Jersey: AMC Garden State 16; Phoenix: AMC Mesa Grand 24; San Francisco: AMC Emeryville Bay Street 16

As you can see, the start time is listed as 11AM, which obviously means a 10AM meet-up time. We have yet to find out details regarding charity donation from AMC, movie tix, etc... but we will post as soon as we get the info.

This is completely separate from the event the night before.

Due to it's proximity to several members of the garrison, we will also be trooping with our friends in NER at the showing in Paramus NJ.

Thanks!
Bob D.
XO
501st Legion/ECG - TK-6744 / SL-6744
Rebel Legion/Echo Base - ROTJ Luke / X-Wing Pilot

Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://go.amctheatres.com/star-wars-special-event

Are we going to have a place to get dressed/store gear?

If I do Queen Amidala (which I would want to do since it is my EP I costume), I need 45 to 50 minutes to get into that costume and makeup, space to do the makeup and place to stow gear.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I had seen this earlier :-(

Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the final notice was so last minute is ended up being just me an Darth Maul.

We had a big room as a break/changing room, got drinks and movie food for lunch and passes to come back and see the movie later. I ended up being there from 10:15 to 6 PM, and then stayed a bit later to try the game out once I was out of costume. The 360 scanner could not lock on to me as a person when I was in Amidala (the big head piece must have not registered as a head).

Handed out lots of trading cars and temp tats. Will try and get missions report and photos soon.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: