Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4c9e46a8f12b8e8026b5b748b52f2554Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Need help with EP3 Bail Organa costume
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Royalty & Senatorial Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Need help with EP3 Bail Organa costume Reply with quote

I am trying to reproduce the EP3 Bail Organa costume from the Tantive scene with the grey jumpsuit and grey cape.
I am curious if anyone has really good reference pictures of the cape as well as what the jumpsuit looks like without the cape.
My major obstacle is the sewing since I dont know what I am doing and the second is I am not sure of the fabric used for the cape.
I have been to JoAnn and Hancock fabrics here in Richmond and the closest material is Fleece.
Can anyone help with this endeavor.
I have tried to contact Jedi Yensid in RaKura Base with no response since he and one other are the only other persons with that costume from what I understand. But I cannot locate the other person who I think is overseas.
If someone knows who this is it would be a great help
thanks

Last edited by Shivannd (Joel Webne) on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Suzijedi (Suzanne Stelling)
Base Command Liaison

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Need help with EP3 Bail Organa costume Reply with quote

Shivannd wrote:
But I cannot locate the other person who I think is overseas.

There's a guy in the Spanish Base

or the French Base

Hope that helps!
boushh
Rebel Legion UK
501st UK Garrison
This bounty hunter is my kind of scum....fearless and inventive.
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help with EP3 Bail Organa costume Reply with quote

Suzijedi wrote:
Shivannd wrote:
But I cannot locate the other person who I think is overseas.

There's a guy in the Spanish Base

or the French Base

Hope that helps!
boushh

I tried to get in touch with the one in French Base and no replies.
thanks for the info though
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I recall at the FIDM exhibit, I think that costume was more greenish than grey.

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
GentleBant ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cape has a rough weave to it, which looks like wool to me.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
From what I recall at the FIDM exhibit, I think that costume was more greenish than grey.

this is the one I am referring to Matt:

it looks grey to me
Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lighting in the room made the cloak-thingy look like it had a green tone to it. The jumpsuit itself was grey.

I'm digging through everyone's FIDM pictures, and appalling, not many people took photos of Bail! Lots of photos of Breha's beautiful gown, though.

Here's a high rez photo showing the fabric textures and belt detail:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3066/2363544458_b3f1072683_o.jpg

However, there's nothing showing what's underneath the shawl, minus that it has a Mandarin collar.

"Everytime you're not canon, a fairy dies." - Mike
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Miana....the other thing I am trying to figure out is whether the cloak is a "poncho" style over the head and pulled to one side or whether it is a one sleeve type of thing over the head.
Dacen Salu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the other thing I am trying to figure out is whether the cloak is a "poncho" style over the head and pulled to one side or whether it is a one sleeve type of thing over the head.

Joel

from watching ep3, the outfit in question to me looks like a poncho
style type. the clothes he has underneath doesn't match up to the cloak
he wears over them.

The Force fights WITH me!!!
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great, Joel!!! I can't wait to see this done! Smile
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
padawan_rachael (Rachael James)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you dont see hardly any bail organa's
Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone come up with something for the gauntlets??
We need help in that area.

Detachment Leader / Former Legion Costume Judge
Princess Leah ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tossing in my 2 cents:

The poncho is definitely a wool. Ms. Biggar was not known for using cheap fabrics (unfortunately). Your best bet is going to be a wool suiting from Joanns (if that is your best fabric source). It's trimmed with a solid pleather. Don't use vinyl as it's too stiff, textured, and a pain to sew.

The poncho is indeed a poncho. It's asymmetrical in cut though. Like a big right triangle. I would definitely do a muslin mock up of that one before cutting into the wool. One thing I would do for the sake of ease-of-wearing is that once I get the drape and shape of the poncho correct, I would stitch a short line between the front and the back of the left side to form a psuedo-sleeve which will also help keep all that heavy wool in place. I think that might be what they did as well, because of the way it sits on Mr. Smits' arm (yes, I know he's posing as well).

As for the gauntlets, I would do them one of two ways: Either get some PVC pipe that will fit around your arms and slice it in half the long way (note the hinges on the top of his forearms), or get some styrene and form your own tubes. PVC is going to be faster and more precise, but heavier. Once you have the base of the gauntlets made, you can use a thin sintra or ABS or HIPS to carefully cut out the details in and shape and glue on top of the gauntlets. From there, primer then paint.
PadmeSkywalker (Carrie Christian)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never have thought of using PVC for those gauntlets. I will keep that in the back of my mind should I wish to attempt any of Bail's costumes with gauntlets Smile

Good luck Joel!! I plan to work on Bail's Ep III end balcony scene for my husband for CVI, with the goal of also making Breha's gown so that we can dress as a couple Amadalia
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FenigDurak wrote:
...One thing I would do for the sake of ease-of-wearing is that once I get the drape and shape of the poncho correct, I would stitch a short line between the front and the back of the left side to form a psuedo-sleeve which will also help keep all that heavy wool in place. I think that might be what they did as well, because of the way it sits on Mr. Smits' arm (yes, I know he's posing as well)...

I think it is sewn, because it looks like it the way it sits on the mannequin's arm too. The mannequin isn't posing!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Royalty & Senatorial Tutorials All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: