Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=68e694c39060863b1629b1e2287c1b3bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Welcome new 2013 members, please introduce yourself here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rico ()

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bienvenue parmis nous Cool

501st Legion Member :TB/CC/TD 7830
Belgian Fanwars garrison
Flanker (Kir)
Ruusan Outpost CO
Ruusan Outpost CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings from Russia!

My name is Kir and I have become a full member of the Rebel Legion just a few days ago with my ESB Solo.
I have a lovely wife Alyona, who is a member of the RL too and also a first 501st member in Russia! She established a 501st Russian Outpost, so I also work on my 501st costume.

I'm very glad and happy that I joined the Rebel Legion!

The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something. © Antoine de Saint-Exupery
DarinHelton ()

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Uhhmm Hi? Reply with quote

Hello not sure if I qualify to post here yet but thought I'd say Hi! Im looking forward to being an offical member of the Rebel Legion I have a pretty decent (I think) Jedi outfit just need some finishing touches like the belt and boot both of which these forums have given great ideas on! Thanks for the tutorials!

Just a few words about be I guess... I live in Joplin Missouri. I of course love Star Wars! Umm other than that Dunno what else to say.
huttkiller55 (jeff denbow)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: official helo Reply with quote

hello everyone! im huttkiller55,earth name is jeff,southeastern pa.i discovered your group when i went searching the web for an xwing helmet,browsed your site,and now am hopelessly hooked! i am trying to assemble an x wing pilot costume,and also plan to build a jedi costume as well.this site is fantastic,in my neck of the woods,im the only one like me i know.(except for my nephew in allentown). looking forward to trooping! remember alderaan!
Ixam Let'si (max)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got approved 2 days ago and thought I'd say hi.

Tython base member and very happy to be amongst the inducted. I live in Wollongong 60 miles south of sydney australia or about 80km.
Legion CO
Legion CO

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome & Bienvenidos!!! Ben

Former Puerto Rico BCO | KJO XO | Wretched Hive XO | Legion Costume Judge | Legion Charter Committee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ixam Let'si (max)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how did you get your avatar so big and that funky banner as your signature Raven Apprentice?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all!

My name is Heather and I'm a college student over at ODU. I'm pretty new to this whole "Rebel Legion" thing since I'm heavily active on the 501st boards at Garrison Tyranus (VA) and post on the Tidewater Alliance FB group. BUT I am looking to make a few Princess Leia costumes and a Satele Shan (SWTOR) costume. I also am working on a Padawan Rapunzel costume based off of the artwork of Pushfighter on DeviantArt.
Domnu (Christina Maher)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome ALL new members !!!! Cool
Jaryn Xur (John Shrout)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings!!

I'm John, and I am from Plainfield, IN(15 minutes west of Indianapolis). My generic Jedi was just formally approved this morning. I am now a member of both the Bloodfin Garrison(TI/IC-4673), and now Mos Espa Base. Waiting to be added to the KJO, then I will also be a member of my Base temple, Temple Arkanis!

I have been a 501st Legion member for 2 years, and am now a proud member of the Rebel Legion as well. My Jedi is just the first of my Rebel costumes. I have an A-wing pilot, and X-wing pilot(Porkins) in the works.
Domnu (Christina Maher)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings and welcome.
Ben
Coryleeper (Cory Leeper)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Rebel Legion here from La Verne, CA, with a Tusken Raider ANH built and approved. Currently I also have a ANH stormtrooper, in the middle of a Vader ROTJ build, and a Princess Leia ANH build for my 13 year old daughter. My 7 year old son is a Jawa and is a member of the Galactic Academy! Now it's time to decide which Rebel to build (Chewbecca is tempting). Some pics below to share with you the fun we have been having in this crazy world of Star Wars.

Cory Leeper

501st member
TK-11423 (Stormtrooper ANH stunt)
DZ-11423 (Tusken Raider ANH)
SL-11423 (ROTJ Lord Vader)
WIP Snow Trooper
jmon47 ()

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: New forum member hello! Reply with quote

First of all, I want to state that I’m not sure I belong on your forum, and if that’s the case please let me know and I’ll leave.

I participated in the Course of the Force this year – an Olympic-style relay run using a lightsaber instead of a torch. The relay organizers encouraged all the attendees to wear a costume to participate, so I started researching what Star Wards costume I could wear to the event. Some research (here and elsewhere) quickly led me to the conclusion that I would be unable to create a complete, authentic SW costume in time to participate in the run, and that purchasing one would be more expensive than I was willing to pay.

I decided to make a mashup costume inspired by the Tim & Greg Hildebrand poster for ANH. I found an homage to that poster for the show Adventure Time and I thought ‘Jedi Finn’ was the perfect costume for me to wear on the run – it would be SW-themed but would not require the exacting standards I found when researching pure SW-cosplay. Here’s the picture I used for reference:

The Finn costume consists of store-bought shirt, shorts, socks and shoes. I made the hat and backpack based off patterns available on the internet. To make the SW portion of the costume, I consulted SithariRog’s tutorial, Rorrlancca’s tutorial, and a tunic tutorial on thejediassembly.com. Without these resources I never would have been able to complete my costume.

Since the model for the image I was using was Luke Skywalker in ANH, I decided that I only needed to make an outer tunic – no obi, no tabbards, and no shoulder tucks necessary. I did a practice run with an old bed sheet, found some linen fabric at the local fabric store, and eventually made my outer tunic. My tunic is unlined – the linen felt quite heavy even with just one layer – and my neck wrap goes all the way to the bottom of the tunic since there is no obi.

My next concern was the belt around the tunic – again, research here proved invaluable, and I realized it would be difficult for me to create an accurate belt with pouches. I then decided that since my costume was already Adventure Time-mashed up, an AT-style belt would work with my costume. I found a buckle of the character ‘Jake’ and used it with a plain brown leather belt.

Finally, I received a small toy lightsaber as part of my participation in the run, and used a Covertec belt clip to attach the saber to the belt.

My (current) final costume is seen here:

I wore this one day at San Diego Comic Con last week – I see that the left side of my tunic was sagging quite a bit when this picture was taken…

So, I just wanted to introduce myself and explain my current costume. I learned so much while working on this project over the last 6 weeks. I feel like I could do a lot more now that I’ve made this costume, and I’m excited about the possibilities. This website was an invaluable resource for me and I’m grateful for the info I found, without which I would not have been able to complete the costume.

I welcome comments anyone has on the costume. Someone called me ‘AnaFinn Skywalker’ which I thought was great and made me consider updating the tunic to be more Anakin-style. However, I might have to make a whole new tunic in order to accommodate the shoulder tucks, for instance. I have enough fabric to make an obi, and possibly tabbards as well, but I’m not sure the color of the tunic is right for Anakin (er, AnaFinn). Another update I am considering is the lightsaber – the Hasbro toy saber I received is already broken, and not from play, it just won’t turn on anymore! Does a costume look better with a bladeless saber on a belt? It was a little awkward to walk around with a ~3 foot stick hanging off my belt.

And finally, as I stated at the beginning, I’m not trying to build a costume to get accepted into the Rebel Legion. I really like my mashup costume and plan to upgrade and improve it, with no plans today to create a RL-appropriate costume. If there’s no place for my type of cosplay here I have no problem leaving you all alone, and just consulting your guides when I’m working on details.

Thanks for taking a few minutes to let me introduce myself.
Celebril (Andrea Darling)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings and salutations!

I'm Celebril (real name Andrea), and I'm a student from Winnipeg, Canada. I was dragged here by Lady Aalya, one of my SWTOR guildies and a RL buddy of mine (For you Canadians who were at Ottawa Comic-Con this year and was wondering who the heck the trying-to-be-a-Jedi was with Angele... yeah. That was me. :3 *waves*) I've pretty much always been interested in cosplay (current costumes to date, besides my Jedi Knight, including an in-progress Elvish warrior and a Nazgul that can be adapted to a Sith Lord... made from bedsheets because student budgets...), and the Ottawa garrison was the straw that broke the bantha's back. Razz

Long story short, it's all Angele's fault. Wink

Anyway! I'll be applying for full status once I've completed my Knight costume, and hope to find more Manitobans in the Winnipeg-Steinbach area to troop with at some point. In the meantime, I'll be lurking on here and interacting when I feel brave enough. So yes... now that I've posted both here and in the Canadian base... lovely to meetcha. :3
Ansata J ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salutations to all! I have recently joined the Legion, Bespin Base, with my Jocasta Nu and am now also a member of the KJO. I live in Atlanta and am looking forward to joining my fellow Jedi on official troops. I have been active in the 501st Legion for a number of years, and now have crossed over to the Light side!

Ansata J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 13 of 17

Jump to: