About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5fecec8100c8977c0cb8a0a70cba5521Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New Year's resolutions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess Dee ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should do a Base Bigger Loser (or something), as I've added 20# since moving here almost 7 years ago. Every year I say I'm going to work on that, and only seam to make it worse. Crying or Very sad
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really do New Years resolutions myself but for me I did notice a few things.

My weight stayed the same and I did eat better so that is a good thing. Also, my health was A LOT better, probably because I've been "on target" with taking my vitamins/supplements. It doesn't prevent you from getting sick, but it sure helps.

As for 2013...I'm just going to try and be an overall better person.

Ranger Squad CO
TK/ID - 4185 MWG
Woulf ()
Nar Shaddaa Base CO
Nar Shaddaa Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woulf wrote:
right now my 2 are to get both my costumes completed, and become a member of the RL and 501st Mr. Green

and...guess i could always shed a few pounds after all the feasts for the holiday season LOL

nailed the first part...got the TK and X-wing done...and got accepted to both RL and 501st Thumbs up

as far as the weight thing...didnt loose anything, but didnt gain either... the battle continues Mr. Green

now pretty much wanna build my clone for bartlett at the latest...and maybe bust out the sewing machine and see if i can make a jedi master's costume... Mr. Green

and as always, try to be the best husband/father/grandfather/human being that I can Wink

Nar Shaddaa Base CO
Outlaw Squadron CO

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me."
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hartss wrote:
i dont usually do new years resoloutions but as everybody seems to want to lose weight maybe we should have a rebel legion biggest loser or my next costume might be the rancor keeper

lol....Rancor Keeper...
I had my eye on that one..

But...yeah...
looks like we are all fighting the "good fight"...
but where none of us are where we want to be with weight...
at least we all seemed to have lost some...

I don't have a scale anymore...I threw mine out years ago...
you can get obsessed with the numbers on the scale...
but it might be a good time to get a new scale
cuz I honestly don't know where I am weight-wise....
I only get weighed when I go to the doctor...and that can be years in between time...

I do gauge my weight on how my costumes and clothes fit...
and..
I can tell I have lost some....
when I put on my X-Wing Pilot costume for the event at the beginning of the month...it was a good bit looser than the last time I wore it...
same for the Hoth Trooper...

so...I am headed in the right direction...

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
WedgeAntilles (James Norman)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I joined a gym but its been nearly impossible these last few months to go due to the two jobs thing. Unfortunately all the gyms in Orland either suck or have sucky hours. I've trying everything I can except the one thing I really don't want to do which is get up earlier... So starting after the first of the year that's exactly what we're trying next. Getting up early and heading to the gym. I am going to be one cranky mo-fo.
Princess Dee ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James, have you check out an 24-hour gym? They have them everywhere up here. Then you could go at whatever time works for you.
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a kid I was morbidly obese...
at 12 years old I went on my first diet....
49 years later....I still struggle...
but
this is what I have figured out and what I have found to be important after 49 years of dieting...

1) Learn what a portion size is.

2) Read all those labels put on food. I don't buy any new food item anymore until I check the calorie content of the SERVING size....too many calories...I don't even buy it.

3) Eliminate the sugar soda and learn to drink water, coffee, tea or diet soda. As a kid, I never had access to much soda so I don't find soda a problem BUT I know plenty of people who do struggle with the soda monkey on their back and when I see people order things like a "Big Gulp" size drink...I nearly faint when I think of the calorie count in those things...personally...I have found Coke Zero and Diet Mt. Dew to be the best tasting diet sodas. Others have told me that Diet Dr. Pepper is good...I just don't like Dr. Pepper period.

4) Don't waste your money on a gym or excercise equipment unless you LOVE going to a gym or spending copious amounts of time on a stair stepper going nowhere. I have had a few pieces of exercise equipment over the years...within weeks they bored me to tears and then gathered dust for years...then I gave them away. I never joined a gym cuz I watched and learned from many people I worked with...they would join a gym...go regularly for about a month or two...then would be struggling to get out of that gym contract they signed. Find activities that you like....find new activities that cost nothing....find activities you like for each season. I started prairie restoration over 20 years ago as excercise for the winter and still do that to this day...a restoration workday works off a lot of calories and keeps me in shape. I bought cross counry skis 25 years ago...I have the same skis and still use them when we have snow-talk about a workout and getting a bang for the buck! Every day I am at work I go out at 6:00 AM and walk a mile and go up and down 5 flights of stairs at the parking garage at Christ Hospital (that I pass)...the walk clears my head again and the stairs act to strenghten my legs a bit. I also do an aerobics tape once a week, a toning tape once a week, tai chi once a week and try to do a 2-3 mile walk after work once a week. The rest of the year I have lawn mowing, snow shoveling, garden chores and other things to add a little more activity.

5) Rice, beans, pasta and bread are FATTENING! Try adding vegetables into dishes instead rice, beans and pasta. You get more to eat without all the calories... a cup of pasta or rice is about 250 calories...a cup of zucchini is 45 calories. Instead of putting spaghetti sauce on pasta..I put it on zucchini.

6) Learn what it takes to burn the calories you eat. I have a sheet that tells me how long I have to do something to burn 100 calories...it is a lot more than you think:

50 Ways to Burn 100 Calories

(Values are approximate and are based on a 150-pound person.)

Workouts:
1. Biking: 23 minutes of casual cycling
2. Cardio dance class: 15 minutes
3. Elliptical: 8 minutes
4. Jumping rope: 9 minutes at a moderate intensity
5. Lifting weights, vigorously: 15 minutes
6. Pilates: 24 minutes
7. Rowing machine: 13 minutes
8. Running stairs: 6 minutes
9. Running: 9 minutes of running at a 6 mph pace
10. Swimming: 15 minutes moderate intensity
11. Walking stairs: 11 minutes
12. Walking: 20 minutes of walking at a 3 mph pace
13.Water aerobics: 23 minutes
14. Yoga: 20 minutes
15. Zumba: 11 minutes

Sports and Leisure Activities:
16. Basketball, shooting hoops: 20 minutes
17. Bowling: 30 minutes
18. Dancing around living room: 20 minutes
19. Darts: 35 minutes
20. Golfing, carrying clubs: 15 minutes
21. Ice skating, moderate: 18 minutes
22. Kickball: 13 minutes
23. Mini golf or driving range: 30 minutes
24. Playing catch with a football: 35 minutes
25. Playing Frisbee: 30 minutes
26. Playing soccer, casual: 13 minutes
27. Skiing,downhill: 10 minutes
28. Softball or baseball: 18 minutes
29. Tennis (doubles): 21 minutes
30. Tennis (singles): 15 minutes
31. Treading water, moderate effort: 23 minutes
32. Volleyball, recreational: 26 minutes
33. Water skiing: 15 minutes

Yard Work:
34. Mowing the lawn: 20 minutes
35. Painting house: 18 minutes
36. Raking leaves: 23 minutes
37. Shoveling snow: 15 minutes
38. Washing the car: 20 minutes
39. Weeding the garden: 18 minutes

Everyday Activities:
40. Carrying an infant: 24 minutes
41. Cleaning, moderate effort: 26 minutes
42. Cooking: 34 minutes
43. Doing dishes: 40 minutes
44. Mopping the floor: 20 minutes
45. Playing with children: 23 minutes
46. Pushing a stroller: 35 minutes
47. Rearranging furniture: 14 minutes
48. Shopping: 38 minutes
49. Sweeping: 23 minutes
50. Walking the dog, 26 minutes

so...
there you have it...

Wink

eat less
excersice more
know what you put in your mouth and how much effort it will take to work it off

ladyvader1138 (Jessica)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rarely make resolutions. Mostly because I can never keep them. I suppose I did make one for this year that I have kept though. After several attempts over the past 4 years, I have finally quit smoking! Dance Chewie Today marks 3 months and 17 days.

As for next year, I plan on finishing my Padmé. That really was something I wanted to get done this year, but it just wasn't in the cards.

As for the losing weight thing, I'm on board there too. As I am every year. Maybe my upcoming move will make that easier. Especially if my complex has a gym (what a concept!).

I suppose I plan on going to more events. I did kind of fall of the face of the planet the last few months.
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...it is that time of year again....
New Years resolutions....

I know lots of people don't do them....
I always do...

so...
here is a copy and paste of my 2013 resolutions.

2013 Resolutions:

Doctors visits...never went to an eye doctor OR any other doctor last year...and health issues are starting to pile up and get worse and I have been ignoring them..but that is to be expected at age 61....but some things are beginning to be a concern.

Spend more time at my restoration site. Where I did bump up my hours volunteering there last year, I hope to do a little more this year.

Do fewer Star Wars events and stay home more...lots of projects at the house are piling up also...I am never home much to take care of things...or I am too tired from other running around to get done what I need to get done at home.

Finish a few more of my costume projects that pieces are laying around for.

Do more with sculpting, molding and casting. I have several projects I would like to do in that regard.

Sell off more of my Star Wars collection and try to at least not lose too much money.

Ok....how did I do?

yes....I went to the doctor a couple times this past year...
results:
I am getting old, body parts are giving out, and...guess what....it is all downhill.

Yes....I did spend more time on my Forest Preserve District of Will County restoration project and projects county-wide.
In 2012 I volunteered for 152 hours.
In 2013 I am at 185 hours so far with at least one more workday to go.

Well....yes...I did do fewer Star Wars events this year

I did 29 events so far in 2013
I did 36 events in 2012

Yes...I did do some more sculpting, molding and casting...but not as much as I would have liked to do. I re-did several Hoth pieces and made one of the connector pieces for a Y-Wing.

And...
finally...
Yes...I did sell off a HUGE portion of my Star Wars collection but there is still more that needs to head out the door. With a massive amount of the collection gone...I re-arranged the Star Wars room....

So...
what of 2014?

My 2014 resolutions...

1) Make one new costume this year...

2) Have more fun!!

3) Paint at least one room inside the house.

4) Sell off the remaining pieces of the Star Wars collection that I have earmarked to head out the door.

5) And...yes...lose weight...my RFT pants still fit too tight..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: