About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1d493ac95bd39f671a9889473b1522d0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Celebration 6 Panel Discussion and attendance interest.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (5)

(3)

User Registered Confirmed
SoloYT1300Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:21 am
LumpySun Jan 15, 2012 12:14 am
GotWookieeMon Jul 16, 2012 3:48 pm
JadaTue Aug 14, 2012 4:43 pm
SteveSoloTue Aug 21, 2012 8:20 pm
User Registered Confirmed
BlairWed Dec 14, 2011 5:40 pm
jedimikaThu Dec 15, 2011 3:44 am
theeviltwinSun Jul 15, 2012 10:06 pm
Nikkos Khann (Conley Nichols)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Celebration 6 Panel Discussion and attendance interest. Reply with quote

We need to be thinking about what we want to present as a detachment at C6. This will be our discussion and interest thread. Please post what you would like to contribute if you are attending. Even if you aren't attending, we will probably be doing a panel slide show and everyone can participate with photos or build notes and such.

Let's get the ball rolling!

'I've got a bad feeling about this!'
Docking Bay 94 Commanding Officer 2011-2014
Comlink Admin - Fringe LCJ,
Charter Committee

Last edited by Nikkos Khann (Conley Nichols) on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jedimika ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be able to make it to CVI. Not sure if I’ll have room for my Han this time. Not to ignore the rest of the fringe but for a panel I think if we could get 2-3 Wooks to show off their work people would be really interested in it. Show all the materials, maybe some in progress work, the stilts, talk about how they put them together, maybe show the suiting up process, etc. Much more interesting than my white shirt and black vest.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...

Wookiees are nice and all, but han is the original smuggler... we could take the panel in many directions.

Most panels break the costume down and tell you how and why of all things related to the costume. We do not have to follow the norm... we have plenty of time to take this in any direction we want.

Lets get creative!
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like the idea for the Wookiees, but I do think there is room for showing how Han comes together. I especially like the idea of showing how the leather work is done for one.

Charter Committee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SteveSolo (Steve Elliot)
Assistant Captain of the Guard
Assistant Captain of the Guard

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I will not be attending C6 I do like the idea of Wooks and Hans showing how their costumes were made especially leatherwork. As we all here know we have some of THE MOST DIFFICULT costumes in the RL.

This could generate a major increase in this area.

Steve
Blair (Vlastimil Sprta)
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, It could be very nice to show people difference between each Han (EpIV, EpV, EppVI) directly on real costumes - I mean on stage Wink

And ... I also like idea about Wookiees! Very Happy

Lion Base Commanding Officer | Docking Bay 94 Detachment Executive Officer
theeviltwin ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the purpose / target audience for the talk?

I've seen the UK 501st do several costume panel talks using a mixture of styles. The temptation is to go through the costume construction process materials the costume is made of, the abs forming, finding the original mic tips and modding them like the prop makers did, etc. While it's interesting, it only really captivates those specifically into prop making / costuming.
The style of talk that works better for a broader range of the public deals with the costume details unique to characters and why they exist in the SW universes. I have no doubt I'm not the only Solo costumer to have been asked by a kid at an event what my belt tools were and did. So rather than pointing out that an ANH vest has exactly so many pockets, pointing out that smugglers often need to carry spare parts, tools, etc, as their spaceships often face danger may work better.

I like Solo costumes because they have many interesting, curious features that never get explained or used in the movies. Unlike all other characters, the costume also obviously evolves (as oposed to just replaced) over the trilogy. Both the features and evolution really looks likes it has a purpose, was deliberate and should have an interesting explanation. Using that as a method of highlighting the sophistication, complexity and quality of our fringe costumes could make for a more successful panel.

I've lost count of the number of times I've had to explain to a kid it's not a lightsaber then been asked to turn it on - it would be great to "prove" it at a costume event with the help of an R2 builder.
Lumpy (Chris Blackstock)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be willing to bring my Chewie and suit up during the panel so people can see how it's done (at least how it's done by me Wink ). Yes, I can suit up pretty quickly and yes, I can show up with my underarmor and such already on so no stripping will need to be involved (unless you think they'd like that Evil or Very Mad ).

I will be there the whole time and have already volunteered to be part of the "Meet the Fangroup" panel like was done at Dragon Con this year. As long as the 2 don't conflict schedule wise, I'm in!!

Another thing to consider is putting together a slide show type presentation of Fringe costumers at events from around the world. If we had a laptop (assuming the presentation room would have a projector) it would be an easy thing to use Windows Movie Maker or some such program and put something together. I would even be willing to do so if it decided upon.
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there at C6 (and DragonCon).

Are we talking about the Rebel Legion panel or a panel for Docking Bay 94/Fringe?

If it's the former then a traditional "Meet the Rebel Legion" panel is appropriate. These cons attract a lot of folks who have never been to a major con before or know he we are or what we're about, so it's appropriate.

If it's the latter than we should focus on how the costumes are made. I'm not sure what else we could cover.

Do we know date/times this panel will be at? I have to leave Sunday but I can do one of the other days.
Lumpy (Chris Blackstock)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming it's a "Fringe" specific panel, we can call it "Smugglers and scoundrels and Wookiees.....oh my!!!" Very Happy

I could see a section about the ins and outs and details of a Han costume, the slideshow type presentation in the middle, then a section on Wookiees, wrapped up by a general Q and A session working pretty well.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applications for a fan panel have to be in to Mary Franklin by the end of February.

The initial proposal is a 500 word (maximum) description of
Quote:
what you would do, time, budget, materials needed, number of people involved, and how the audience could participate, if at all.

Let's get some ideas together and see what we can do.
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not in charge, but If I am correct ... right now, we are waiting for response from LFL ... because there is possibility that RL Fringe detachment will have official own costuming panel Smile

Lion Base Commanding Officer | Docking Bay 94 Detachment Executive Officer
Lumpy (Chris Blackstock)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I was not aware of that.
Thanks Blair! Very Happy
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LFL is going over submitted paragraphs to determine who will have actual panels. Blair came up with this:

Quote:
Every saga has its heroes and in the case of smugglers, it was George Lucas himself, who highlighted their importance in the very first part of the Star Wars saga. Certainly, there's no need to introduce Han Solo, the captain of the Millennium Falcon, and his brave companion Chewbacca. However, these two famous smugglers are only a small drop in the ocean of Star Wars Fringe characters. Let's visit the mysterious world of illegal trade, fast ships and hazardous plays! Let's meet with others remarkable fringe characters who changed the face of the Star Wars galaxy! Do you want to see, how the fringe clothing changed throughout the film saga? Do you want to know of what garments and accessories these costumes consist of? Do you want to know, what inspired the costume designers? And above all, do you want to know what is needed to make high-quality reproductions of these costumes? All of this and much more you can hear and see at Rebel Legion's Docking Bay 94 detachment panel presenting fringe characters and their costumes.

Thanks Blair! We are just waiting on word from LFL.

Charter Committee
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once we get word back if we have a panel I would like to see who wants to participate in the panels, etc.

Charter Committee
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: