About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=59296934158457055848c08650765f3cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Where to Get Rebel Fleet Trooper Items
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> A New Hope
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Where to Get Rebel Fleet Trooper Items Reply with quote

Reposted from Sunrider Base:

Here is all the information about the RFT costume in one spot.

Helmet
Our own honorary member, Jimbo from Texas, is the person to see for RFT helmet kits. He supplied our squad with over 20 helmets and we love him for all that work. Check out his site at www.tk560.com

There is also information about other helmets here: http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8488

Some of us chose to paint our helmets rather than leave them white. The paint we used for the helmet is American Traditions by Valspar and the color is Pewter Gray. We got our paint at Lowe's home improvement store. Make sure to primer the helmet before painting.

UPDATE: It seems that this color is no longer available. A similar color would be Dove Gray.

Shirt
Navy workshirts are what we used for this project and they are available at most military surplus stores and online at Sportman's Guide, ArmyNavyDeals/UncleSam's and Work Wear Factory Outlet. However, Navy workshirts only go up to a size 17 neck (XL), if you are larger then use a blue oxford business shirt.

UPDATE 9/29/09: Sportsman's Guide has some Italian Military workshirts that would work well for the RFT shirt. A 3-pack is only $20.
http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/3-new-italian-navy-shirts-blue-denim.aspx?a=504860

We used two shirts, cutting out the back of one to make the bib; see the tutorial http://www.sunriderbase.com/RFT_Tutorial/ for instructions.

Vest
A Battle Dress Uniform (BDU) shirt is used to make the black vest. Take off the collar, sleeves, and buttons. We found ours at Out In Style online.

Pants
You will want to select Grey. http://armynavyshopping.com/Camouflage-Military-BDU-Pants-Army-Cargo/A/B003759SEY.htm

Boots
Screen accurate is the East German Jack Boot but these only go up to a Men's size 11 and are very narrow in the foot and calf area. A substitue would be Engineer boots available from any boot/shoe store.

NOTE: The ankle strap on the engineer boot MUST be removed for this costume.

Belt/Buckle/Holster
We had our talented members help us with this project, but you can easily buy a belt blank and a buckle blank at Tandy Leather. Screen accurate is an octagonal buckle but there are rectangular and oval ones seen in the screen captures of Episode IV.

Here is a link to the thread on holsters: http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10774

Some folks have used a drill holster as a substitute holster; but actually the holster is not required for this outfit to meet Rebel Legion standards.

Blaster
The DH-17 is the accepted blaster for the RFT. Unfortunately the Hasbro Nerf Rebel Blaster is no longer in stores but can be found at Amazon.com and on e-Bay.

There is also the PVC Blaster Builder's Club which has instructions on building the DH-17 using PVC pipe and wood

Last edited by Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley) on Tue May 03, 2011 11:23 pm; edited 18 times in total
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

real Talker helmets, for the over achievers here: less than 80.00

http://www.omahas.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=13&products_id=382
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm changing the title because people are still asking where to get stuff and all the links are here.
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if its my connection, but the link for the holster thread doesnt seem to work

Would it be from the rebellegion.org version and may have not been transferred over?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad. Embarassed

It's fixed now. Good catch. Thumbs up
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good source of blue shirts is Wal-Mart:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5839605

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StudioCreations.com offers the RFT helmet with a smoked colored see-through visor that can be flipped down for use in Parade and Honor Guard costumes.

Anyone else know of RFT helmet suppliers?

-Jeff
Obey Wann (William Blackburn)
Active Legion Member

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StudioCreations wrote:
StudioCreations.com offers the RFT helmet with a smoked colored see-through visor that can be flipped down for use in Parade and Honor Guard costumes.

Anyone else know of RFT helmet suppliers?

-Jeff

MC now has these available with see through visors. To order, contact them at chance_cal@hotmail.com

Quote:
* Rebel flight technician .................................................................. $75.00
* Rebel fleet with only white panel on forehead (no black) ................ $130.00
* Rebel fleet with black ABS on forehead ............................................ $150.00
* Rebel fleet with Acrylic on forehead.................................................. $170.00
* Rebel fleet with lens mounted in down position .................................$170.00
* Extra lens to mount in down position (Remove black forehead piece)...$25.00

Plus shipping

The helmets will all come assembled and ready to wear including chin strap, chin cup, and foam cut the same as the original helmets.

The Rebel fleet helmet with the lens mounted in the down position can only be used as such. The lens will not interchange with the forehead piece as they are a different shape and made from different molds.

An extra lens can be ordered with the standard fleet helmet which is made to be attached in the down position. This would allow a person to switch their helmet if they wanted to. They would only need to remove the black forehead portion and then mount the separate lens piece in the down position. This will of course leave holes in the helmet from where the lens mounts if the person chooses to use it with the black forehead portion. The holes could be filled with a white plug however to be less noticeable.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Obey Wann (William Blackburn) on Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Volund Starfire (Jason Ellenburg)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, not to sound like too much of a Gungan (datsa bein too late), but could you post a couple of pics of those?
Active Legion Member

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go:

I'm hoping to get my hands on one shortly, so I can get pics of it in action. Hope this helps!

Phantom6 (Justin Craig Manning)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.sunriderbase.com/RFT_tutorial/

page can not be found... Crying or Very sad

Justin C Manning -
CO of Alderaan Oct. 2007-Sept. 2009
Current member of Rebel Legion PR Team and Alderaan Base's BRO

ID-6872 New England Garrison 501st
Jedi Master Justyn Ma'Ning of Outbound Flight by Timothy Zahn- Charity fundraiser "walk on role".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this one: http://www.sunriderbase.com/RFT%20Tutorial/
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: I am NELOS Reply with quote

It's been so long since I sent my file on the old forum and answer I had very good except my belt buckle in noorme not done now I think my friend ...
Because I am a fan of very long since 1977!!
And STAR WARS no longer secret I am a fan and more of the rebel legion ...

thank you
wampameat

I integrated the rebel base french very long time since my friends and I would be proud to be a Trooper

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:03 pm Post subject: hello

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've updated the first post with some additional shirt venders and a picture of the East German Jack boot and Engineer boot.

Please don't clutter this thread with "advertising" and pics of you in your costume. You can start a new thread for these; the additional suppliers will be added via a link.

Thanks. Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfie wrote:
real Talker helmets, for the over achievers here: less than 80.00

http://www.omahas.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=13&products_id=382

I also noticed that if you do a little search on this site you can find USN blue shirts for about $10.

http://www.omahas.com/product_info.php?cPath=7_139&products_id=378
Ohio Garrison/Original Midwest Base
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> A New Hope All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: