About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=77932989956c6d71b5881dd4477c00fcMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rebel Command Tunic(jacket)ROTJ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Rebel Command Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crix ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Rebel Command Tunic(jacket)ROTJ Reply with quote

I copied this from another post

all the work was done by Schph Gochi

Schph Gochi wrote:
Here is a kinda step by step so far....I do intend to turn it into a tutorial at some point and post it at the Endor Bunker...

Lay Endor Commando front and back pattern adding a foot (in this case)

As noted...
For Crix...the collar in front comes up higher than the vest for the Commando...

The cap sleeve pocket dimensions that I chose..

For the pockets...
the flap was two layers of fabric
and the pocket itself was one layer with interfacing..

For the cap sleeve....I cut two layers of fabric for each sleeve and utilized interfacing on one cap for each sleeve...

Then sewed the pockets on (sew the top hem of the pocket first and press the sides and bottoms in)

sew pocket to sleeve (I straigtened out the pocket flap before I sewed them on....the wool crepe seems to get a bit "wonky")

For the neck lining and front yoke...had to make the yoke pieces longer...obviously...sewed the fronts to the neck lining...pressed and sewed the outer hem under ....

then sewed the fronts to the back at the top of the sleeve..

sewed in the first capped sleeve (still have to put the other in...lol...just wanted to see if it all lined up)

then started to sew in the neck facing and front yoke...taking care to add the velcro to the one side before you sew that side down the front...
it is just easier to do that before the yoke is attached..

Next was to clean up the armholes. Utilizing a strip of the wool fabric that was 2" wide and long enough to go around the bottom of the armhole from the front of the sleeve cap to the back....
I pressed the piece in half and sewed it with the raw edge of the fabric strip to the raw edge of the armhole on the OUTSIDE of the armhole..

After sewing a piece on each armhole, I pressed it to the inside and then stitched it in place.

Then I hemmed it on the bottom..

This is it done...

In looking at the completed piece, I am unsure if the front collar is raised high enough.

Where it is hanging low on the hangar, I think there still might be too much curve to the front of the jacket.

CO of The 'Verse (firefly/Serenity costume club)
SL/TK/IC 4913 of the 501st
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually did turn this piece into a complete tutorial and posted it at the Endor Bunker Yahoo Group (since this is a ROTJ costume).

The group is here:

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/endorbunker/

And once you join the group...
you can view the tutorial here:

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/YOXUToJSENFkIxz0Q9bYn6VgE9lTnI9-WqyoT-DesOY8X542gA4mRDin0aodnu3XeeFlU0kXzGAf12sgIYKYHw/Crix%20Madine%20Tutorial2.pdf

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Rebel Command Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: