About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9a9ab22861e9afb5504d7c1e4338dd5fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ep 2 Anakin cloak question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FallenJedi ()
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Ep 2 Anakin cloak question Reply with quote

Greetings fellow Jedi,

I'm looking for some opinions on the cloak Anakin wears in Ep 2. Mainly how well does it stay on? With no sleeves I see a possibility of it sliding back or all the way off. Is this a problem at all?

Thanks
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one similar to the aotc cloak and it slides of the back! I think I read on SOTS (when it was up and running) That there was a strap attached on the shoulders and it goes under the arm and closes on the back.

"All who gain power are afraid to lose it."
"The whole thing stank, but our noses had been out in the cold for too long..."
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anakin Skywalker wrote:
I have one similar to the aotc cloak and it slides of the back! I think I read on SOTS (when it was up and running) That there was a strap attached on the shoulders and it goes under the arm and closes on the back.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. I think that's how it was in the movie too.

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo

Last edited by JedHead (Matt Tolosa) on Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine doesn't have the strap. It usually stays on fine, but if I start to do some extreme movements, it starts to slide.

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo

Last edited by JedHead (Matt Tolosa) on Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FallenJedi ()
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Does anyone have pics of the strap? Does it go under the tabbards? Just wondering how it's hidden from view.

PS: sorry about the double post, lost connection during posting and didn't see it went through
Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its in the back and attaches somewhow to the back tabbards.

Leia (Vera Campbell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if the cloak is on it won't show.

rebelshaven.blogspot.com
verdaera.deviantart.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bryanakin (Bryan Nguyen)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can make a single strap that stradles under your arms and hangs as others pointed out. This is the best method and likely the way it was done in the film. Or you can make "backpack" like straps that go over your shoulders. This feature makes it easier to put on and take off the cloak, but it can also visible when the fabric moves.

Anakin Skywalker EP 2, CW, and EP3
www.myspace.com/bryanakin
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made the front tabbards 3-layers thick so they would carry more weight and counter-balance the cape at the back. it helps, to a point. I'll probably try the strap method next.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: