About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a5d39e9df08f2567e1a344d4b230b044Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Troop - Olde Golden Christmas Parade - December 10, 2011
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mountain Base -> Mountain Base Members Only -> Mountain Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Banzai (Hugh Coffman)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Troop - Olde Golden Christmas Parade - December 10, 2011 Reply with quote

From the MG Joint Ops Section:

The Olde Golden Christmas Parade is being chaired by the Greater Golden Chamber of Commerce. It has been going on for several years and takes place the first THREE Saturdays in December. Now I know that we have our hands pretty full for the 3rd. So we opted for the 10th of December. I will need at LEAST 12 troopers to sign up to attend this event. Vader HAS been specifically requested.

IF you are interested and can commit to this date from 9:30am to 12:30pm then PLEASE sign up and I will be able to get back to them and let them know that we will be in attendance.

There is ALSO a television appearance that we have been requested to attend promoting this event on Thursday December 1st. There will be a separate thread for this but if we do not get the participation for the parade itself, in all honesty we can't do the TV Promo. So sign up and lets bring some Force to the season!

POC: Nessa
If you are also a MG member, please sign up in the MG site only. If not a MG member, please sign up below. Your interest will be forwarded to the MG site.
Obey Wann (William Blackburn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing this, and I signed up at the MG. Please, folks --we need the numbers! Come on out and troop with us!!!

Banzai (Hugh Coffman)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry All.

My family and I will be starting our holiday vacation.

If any of you can make, please sign up and join Bill in showing MB Holiday Spirit.

Thanks

Last edited by Banzai (Hugh Coffman) on Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Cyodarun (Mel Mattson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a most likely....just need to check with Lis..after all, we live right down the street.... Cool Will confirm asap.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump. We are currently at 6 confirmed. I'd love to see more presence at this troop. It's close, it's short, and it's a great way to get the word out about both groups.

Please troop this one if you can.

Cyodarun (Mel Mattson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in for this one...I got a pass on Lisa's Xmas float decorating Smile Yea!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the details for the parade:

Staging will be Along 10th Street, west of Washington.

Washington is the main street running through Golden. 10th goes along Clear Creek west past the library, going towards the recreation center (and the RV park where I live). There should be plenty of parking, but definitely try to get there early.

I will be able to store totes and gear at my place, and we have key-coded bathrooms where you can change if you need room. I can also look into borrowing Darth Hair's mobile changing room if needed.

I am going to check with Golden PD about blasters. I have a contact that I will meet with to verify this. But bring them, just in case, as the POC was very excited about it, and didn't think they would be a problem.

We are also encouraged to bring along a boom box and play Star Wars music. I wonder if we can use a wagon and decorate it up to look like a speeder or something to hide the boom box...

We are allowed to hand out candy or flyers, but are not allowed to throw anything.

Staging time: 1000
Step off time: 1100
Parade length: 30 minutes. This will be shorter than the Arvada Harvest Festival.

I think that Santa hats or other Christmas-y decorations on armor would be fine, if you want it. This will be a low profile, have fun and interact with the crowd type of troop. We could still use more people, so if you have an extra costume and a warm body to fill it with, please do so.

I have a map with detailed info --if you need it please email me at obey_wann_ff@yahoo.com and I can email it to you. Any questions, please LMK.

Blasters are a go!!! They are SOOOOO excited about having us out there.

Also, does anyone have a wagon or a stroller and a "boom box" stereo that we could decorate and use for a parade on the 10th? We are in a parade in Golden, and the organizer got very excited about us having music with our marching unit.

I have an AT-AT that I could put in a stroller, all we need is a boom box and something to carry it along with us... Music would make it so cool.

Cyodarun (Mel Mattson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a boom box somewhere....I need to make sure the CD player works.

Clarification on the bring warm bodies piece.....we can dress up our friends and bring them along? Also, does that mean that I could wear my unapproved Mando...or would it be better to stick with the pilot?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For this type of event, it is OK to put someone else in your costume. I think that if you only brought 1 costume, then the pilot would be better, as it is more recognizeable. But if you brought both (with bodies in both), I think that would be fine --more people in costume.

Leichtsaber ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, i will try to be at this event, if work cooperates with me.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!

The best place to park and stage at is at the Golden History Museum. However, if you want to change at my place, or store totes there, I live just a couple of blocks west of the museum at the RV park. Please PM me for my number if you don't have it.

Cyodarun (Mel Mattson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill, have you tracked down a boom box? Mine works, just need to pick up batteries. That said, it is a cheapie. And not the greatest sound ...but better than nothing. Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not have a boom box. If you can bring it, that would be awesome. We don't have a wagon, but I'm sure we can find a minion (kid) to carry it. Wink

darthhair (Jeff Rodriquez)
Mountain Base CO
Mountain Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill, I wont be there but if you want to use my changing booth you or someone can pick it up.

Have fun!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Jeff. It worked out today. We had a great turnout, and much fun was had!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mountain Base -> Mountain Base Members Only -> Mountain Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: