Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=de86743f8e8077577f44f6f7eeaf2ad0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

jawa questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
De Jawa Vu ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://store.monksclothandmore.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MC&Product_Code=MT20&Category_Code=MCT

We are about to do a massive jawa build (10 Jawas!) and order a ton of this. Lowest price you can get. Also you can get exactly what you want. NO DYE JOB headaches! Just role it out and cut out your patterns.
Mithras ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myna Sturnidae wrote:
Silly question... is there a height restriction for being a Jawa?

-Kimberly

I am -massively- late to the party on this one, but I'd like to point out that a six foot tall Jawa has been identified in the latest cuts of ANH, so frankly, while the majority of Jawas are going to be smaller (being played by children and little people), there is nothing to keep you from doing a taller Jawa if you prefer.

Just my two cents:)

-Xeo
Jawa (Justin)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeo wrote:
Myna Sturnidae wrote:

-Kimberly

I am -massively- late to the party on this one, but I'd like to point out that a six foot tall Jawa has been identified in the latest cuts of ANH, so frankly, while the majority of Jawas are going to be smaller (being played by children and little people), there is nothing to keep you from doing a taller Jawa if you prefer.

-Xeo

I would love to see these photos of a 6 foot Jawa in ANH. Last I knew, the tallest one was up to Anthony Daniels' chin, which would put them in the ballpark of 5'6". While there was one regular adult in a brown robe to deal with technical issues during a shot, it was my understanding that he was instructed to kneel to still be shorter. Regardless, there is no official height limit, but tall Jawas are not what I would call the standard...I mean I'm 4'11" and I can technically make a clone, but I would end up looking like a half batch Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
De Jawa Vu ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jawa wrote:
Xeo wrote:
Myna Sturnidae wrote:

-Kimberly

-Xeo

I would love to see these photos of a 6 foot Jawa in ANH. Last I knew, the tallest one was up to Anthony Daniels' chin, which would put them in the ballpark of 5'6". While there was one regular adult in a brown robe to deal with technical issues during a shot, it was my understanding that he was instructed to kneel to still be shorter. Regardless, there is no official height limit, but tall Jawas are not what I would call the standard...I mean I'm 4'11" and I can technically make a clone, but I would end up looking like a half batch Wink

Dude if you want to be a clone and it means so much to do one GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!! Build it because you want it. Wear it because you want to!
Jawa (Justin)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

De Jawa Vu wrote:

Dude if you want to be a clone and it means so much to do one GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!! Build it because you want it. Wear it because you want to!

I would love to make a 5 foot tall clone, but that would simply look ridiculous in my opinion. I am a firm believer in working within your body type, but more power to those who really don't about that stuff. But this isn't suppose to come off as offensive, but if that's how people take it, then so be it. I have the right to post my opinions on a question posted in a public forum. I think if we demand that Chewbacca be 7 feet tall to be approved, Jawas and ewoks should be put in the same realm of realism.

When people ask me if there is a height requirement, I will always say NO according to the charter, we cannot discriminate against people's body type. I do however encourage the person to think about the body type of the person portraying that character on film. If they were 3'- 5'6" on film, I say stay within that range as a suggestion. I have seen Jawas of all sizes and none come off as 'the real thing' like a gaggle of short people or kids in Jawa costumes. That does not mean that tall people are excluded, just that in the grand scheme of things they don't look as accurite to the films as they could.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: