About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=df30175ffca5e09699640d65ec4ecc84Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Corran Horn X-wing Pilot
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> EU Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WedgeAntilles (James Norman)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm, is that good enough though? Its contradictory in that its got the wrong collar, the wrong color belt...

I think its good enough for me though. So glad to see a third correct reference.
impearse (Ian Pearse)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm researching a Corran Horn flight sut as well. I've been re-reading the X-Wing novels too, as they seem to be the only real source of information.

Interestingly, Book 1 (Rogue Squadron) says he is wearing a red flightsuit. It's not until Book 3 (The Krytos Trap) that the green description is given, as noted above. In Book 2, it also suggests he doesn't normally the usual pilot chest box, as the emergency system is built into his X-wing's command chair. He also has a shoulder holster (Book 2 ref), that would be on the outside of the suit - inside would make no sense. So there's a modification there. Which blaster? A DL-44 may be a bit big, but I haven't found any more references yet.

Yes, it would be an informal costume under the current rules, but an interesting one, I think. I plan to do a Fine-Molds 1/48 X-Wing in the CorSec colours as well at some point. I also dream of a full-size model of Whistler, but that's a bit further off as yet....
Reaper (Ed)
Legion Legacy Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the novels or Comics ever state what kind of blaster any of tyhe Rogues or wraiths use. Just that it's a blaster pistol.

The shoulder holster is mentioned in the early books (as you said) and in Issard's Revenge, Corren is shot down and adds a blaster pistol to a built in holster in his flightsuit (I believe, it's been a few months since I read the books lol) So you have liberty to pick any SW blaster with the costume. (actually all pilots Except ESB Luke you can use any blaster)

Blackstar Squadron
impearse (Ian Pearse)
Active Legion Member

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vaguely remember a holster being mentioned but haven't got that far through my re-reading yet. Thanks for the heads-up.
ionicdesign (Michael)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HazardThree wrote:
Right now, there are only the two references. I'm not aware of a double-novel one. However, if you can quote sources (book title, chapter & page), that might be helpful.

So with the new amendment passed does that change the status of Corran as a Pilot Costume?
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're getting some clarification on that right now.

The new Charter explanation only states that images will be accepted, so the previous "novel text description" is now invalid under the new rule.

Ugh.

ionicdesign (Michael)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HazardThree wrote:
We're getting some clarification on that right now.

OK do tell if I can help.

HazardThree wrote:
Ugh.

I hear you there. :p
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here is the actual Charter rule, wich by the way I helped to craft in the Charter Commete....

Quote:
Formal: Formal is defined as a costume from one of the six Star Wars films, Expanded Universe, or Lucasfilm Licensed Media (TV, books, games, etc.) as it would appear in those materials. Costumes must be complete, containing all the parts in good working order and appearance. All costume submissions must meet the Costume Standards listed in the Costume Standards Master List, on The Rebel Legion website.
Applicants submitting costumes for any Expanded Universe costume must submit with their application two or more images from two or more LFL licensed sources for the character/costume that clearly depict the character in detail and from head to toe in order for it to be considered Formal. For characters from video games, a full 360 head-to-toe turn around may be substituted for these reference images. Note that player generated/edited costumes, for game characters, are not eligible for consideration for Formal designations.

I guess it is in other to make a minor fix, to incorporate "text book descripctions"

But since there are alrready a couple of images for Corran Horn, from LFL licensed sources, I guess you can apply for FORMAL...
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, and I had. There are three images of Horn in a green jumpsuit but only 1 really good one (with Rogue Squadron). The others lack and have some conflicting details (often the illustrator being careless with details) with the other references.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, the kicker is that the images have to substantially match in the details.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> EU Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: