About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f25604864dc9b4250ccdc50b8f64367bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Han's upper belt
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karma ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Han's upper belt Reply with quote

You know...the one holding up his pants...

Does that have two or three rows of holes?

Tauntaun Girl ()

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Han's upper belt Reply with quote

Three rows of holes.  I think Dickie's brand pants sells a belt very similar to this.

Hope this helps.

meskate68 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Han's upper belt Reply with quote

I'm not sure. On Obi-Wan's Jedi Academy it says 2 rows of holes and the belt is 1 1/2 inches wide. I'm getting a belt blank from Tandy Leather for mine. But the 2 prong belt buckles that they carry that is the smallest is 2". So i'm just going to make my belt 2" with the 2" belt prong buckle. My costume won't be exactly cannon but I'm trying to get as close as i can with it.
Pete Solo ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject: Han's upper belt Reply with quote

It's a 3 hole belt but 2 hole is passable. Dickies does sell them and can be found at any Walmart.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
meskate68 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Han's upper belt Reply with quote

Another question about his upper belt(black one). I'm punching the holes for the buckle and was wondering if the holes  go all the way around  the waist or only around so far. Can't find any pictures of his whole waist, front and back. Thanks!
Tauntaun Girl ()

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Han's upper belt Reply with quote

I have a vinyl model kit of Han (I think Screamin' made it) and the belt on that has holes all the way around.
Kairi G ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject: Han's upper belt Reply with quote

the holes definatly go all the way around... as to whether there are two or three rows... I always thought it was two... because i believe the buckle only has two prongs...

does anyone have a good still pic of that...?

HanSolo1977 (Vincent Sanchez)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Han's upper belt Reply with quote

The center set of holes don't necessarily need to go all the way around.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Han's upper belt Reply with quote

I'm starting to construct/assemble a Han ANH costume and discovered a few things about the belt.

I recently brought photos of Han in his ANH costume into photoshop and adjusted the brightness of the belt to reveal 3 holes. There are clearly 3 holes in the ROTJ belt photographed in the MOM book as well as what was on display at CIII. I believe the photo referenced at Obi-Wan's Jedi academy is from the MOM book, and his vest is hanging down to cover the top 3rd row of holes (looking at the buckle area you see all three). The buckle has two prongs which go through the top and bottom row of holes.

Judging from the ROTJ exhibit photos, it also appears to me that the 3 rows of holes go all the way around the entire belt.

All that being said, the belt is a pretty small detail and any slight deviations (2 holes vs 3) will not even be noticed by most people. It is fun trying to get it all figured out though!

- Kay Dee

Eric Solo ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Han's upper belt Reply with quote

I got a three-hole belt at Nordstrom Rack for CIII made by a company called Vintage Italy.

They are rare and I have yet to see another one.

Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Han's upper belt Reply with quote

...btw..Greetings Eric Solo....and welcome to the Midwest Base...

you make a fantastic Han!

Eric Solo ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Han's upper belt Reply with quote

Thanks!  Smile

Looks like you're from my part o' the galaxy.

Eric

GsWookie (Sarah German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have pictures of their finished belts?
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.jedi-academy.com/solo_belt.html

I found this earlier, it is a semi good shot of the belt.
AutoSponge ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've become obsessed with checking out every belt rack I pass. I bought a 2-hole Solo belt in Walmart for $14. Then I found a perfect 3-hole belt in a mall store call "All or Nothing" also $14. My current version of the pants will not fit the 3-hole belt (I think it's 2" wide). So my choices are to get different pants, modify my pants, modify my 2-hole belt, or just live with the 2-hole belt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: