About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1b71b43d7c0a4fa8feb560fd2b3d0451Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Lightsaber question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Favorite Lightsaber color
Green
34%
 34%  [ 16 ]
Blue
30%
 30%  [ 14 ]
Purple/Violet
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Orange
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Yellow/Gold
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
I prefer the clumsyness of a blaster
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
White
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Users Voted : 30
Total Votes : 46
Detailed Results

MasterFreedumb ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:44 am    Post subject: Lightsaber question Reply with quote

Hey so I had a liiiiitttttlllle question regarding lightsabers. Is it allowed to have two outside a Starkiller costume from tfu2, and if so can the blades be a little bit shorter. I want to make sure I completely understand "everything" id wanna know before i throw my money at the tcss guys Smile Thanks for any help
Dust ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why two sabers wouldn't be allowed. Here's an example:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=6509&bu=profile.php%3Fmode%3Dviewprofile%26u%3D9298&bl=Back+to+Bloody87%27s+profile

The only thing is ... carrying a lightsaber takes up one hand. Carrying two takes up both. If you can't put them away in your belt, you'll have no way of waving to the kids in parades or browsing stuff at events.

I don't know if it's an issue for you, I just know it would annoy me Razz

But if it's what you want, go for it! I absolutely love dual wielding, it looks awesome Smile I just find it impractical for events.
Qui-Gon Joe (Joseph Martin)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I've done for dual-wielding, to keep one hand free, is carry one saber with the blade in and hang the other hilt from my belt with the blade removed. I've even seen a few people who have sewn a long, thin pocket on the inside of their robe to keep the extra blade handy.
MasterFreedumb ()

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an excelent idea, im gonna have to find out how to do that in the future. What is the smallest blade lenght allowed btw?
Dust ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't thing there is a rule for that, but you should aim for your weapon to be proportional to your height. One rule of thumb I heard once was that if the tip of the blade touches the ground, the top of the hilt should reach up about the same height as your navel. -for a standard saber.

Smaller sabers are sometime used for the off-hand, and some dual wielding prefer two smaller sabers.
And then there is light daggers, but I'm not sure about RL accepting those ...

I guess it would be easier if you find a stick with the length you want and pose for a picture with it in your hand. Then it's easier to see if it fits your body Smile
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green all the way, Thought Lukes Saber from ROTJ looked way cooler with a green blade

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My lightsaber is green, but only because Kit Fisto's lightsaber is the only clan hilt produced and it is indeed green. I much prefer blue, and if I could figure out how to replace the green blade with a blue one I would be MUCH happier.

I wish they would produce Ki-Adi-Mundi's lightsaber; that one is my favorite.

... and even if you succeed, it's a hard life."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: