About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d3dd2f5bf785197cf8f923613923e03eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Issues with Saberforge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Markolise ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologizes I miss read it Very Happy
Amanita ()

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Saberforge has some gorgeous hilts- I'm especially fond of their long light spear hilt and one of their windowed models. I don't know what their problem is- whether they take on too much work all at once and get swamped, hence the late orders and sketchy communication, or what. It's a shame really, because some of those hilt designs are gorgeous, and I definitely believe in affordable options for the saber/cosplay community. If Saberforge could just get past the aforementioned difficulties, they would be great!

I am giving serious thought to those empty hilts. I want to install my own soundboards (crystal focus or petit crouton- the ability to customize sound fonts is a MUST for me, as I also use my sabers for non-SW cosplay), and my own LED setup, as well as an AV switch.
Naglium (Gordon Gravelese)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The command staff is aware of the issues with this vendor, and will be on the lookout for his presence on this board.

I can't tell you who to go to to purchase items. All I can say is to read the feedback from other customers and make an informed decision.

RL Stickers for sale here: http://rc5306.yolasite.com/other.php
Drazhar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naglium wrote:
The command staff is aware of the issues with this vendor, and will be on the lookout for his presence on this board.

I can't tell you who to go to to purchase items. All I can say is to read the feedback from other customers and make an informed decision.

I can say that FX-sabers forums has feedback for most vendors, barring any vendor that has caused unpleasantness, and is a great way to start learning about all the options that are truly available though, right?
Veton-Ni ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saberforge,

I ordered, or tried to order, a saber from you two years ago. Your service was horrible. I had to email you several times after my hilt didn't arrive when you promised it would, and when it did come the sound didn't work. I then sent it back to you at MY OWN cost only to have you ignore any further emails from me. After another month I still didn't have my saber back and any effort to contact you failed, even with three different email accounts. I finally managed to get my money back from the credit card company. I was EXTREMELY upset with your product and crappy service and I continue to advise people against using you to this day. It also makes me made that you seem to provide services to others that you have screwed over and sent them very nice higher value items and yet I didn't even get a word from you. VERY BAD business. >Sad

Veton-Ni
Morrako ()

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I ordered from him nearly 4 months ago. I ordered a custom led sinister prophecy. At first he responded to my emails and then he stopped. He told me numerous times that my order would be coming out the following week and it never arrived. I told him that I wanted my money back...no reply...I told him I was going to report him for fraud...no reply. I am very unsatisfied with his customer service. It's funny how he has time to make a new saber (the gladius) and not put mine in a box and mail it to me. I wish I would have checked out the boards before I ordered from him. I'm going to my bank tomorrow to get my money back. saberforge.com....it should be called sabernevergetyourshitontime.com Do not order from this guy. He has a great eye for design but it's a gamble on whenever you will get your stuff. He must decide who he wants to reply to or simply does NOT reply to your emails (as described by many people on here).
Foxtail (Anthony Yingling)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to be another to add on to this topic but I have another case to share with everyone. Like everyone else, I really wish I would've looked at all the feedback before purchasing a saber from this guy. I purchased my saber (Epoch, Rechargeable battery pack, covertech knob) from his website.. ended up paying almost $400 for it.

No communication at all when I submitted my payment using Paypal. I didn't think much of it at the time, seeing as his lead time was reported at 6-8 weeks. About two weeks later, I popped him an email asking curiously for an ETA. Nothing. Okay, so I waited patiently another 4 weeks.. about this time, I was reading all these negative reviews and worrying. I emailed him again at the 6 week mark, this time using his 'Contact Us' form, he responded two days later saying that he's printing the label as we speak and I got a confirmation of this from USPS. This was on the 29th of February. Five days later, I didn't see my tracking number update from 'Electronic Shipping Info Received' and I email him again on the 5th of March, asking if he shipped it because I know how USPS can be in not updating their packages. No response and no update from USPS.

I'm really beginning to wonder about this guy. Did he print the label up just to bide his time while he continues to work on it or other things or does he have the saber built but is just too busy/lazy to go to the Post Office (or even to schedule a pickup)? Then, I look on Ebay and at all his auctions.. he tells the potential buyers that the saber will be delivered within 3 days of receiving payment. Is that a lie or is he lying to me and everyone else who orders from the website?

And as for his 100% Positive feedback, I know how that happens and it's total manipulation on his part. I've purchased an Xbox 360 once from a guy and when I got it, the video was all messed up for the first two days, then it red ringed on the third. I sent it back and asked for a refund and he agreed to give me my money back only if I gave him a positive feedback in return. So I'm sure that's what the Saberforge guy does too.

So... <gets off soapbox>... I will keep everyone updated but I can tell you this much, I'm not ordering from Saberforge again and my girlfriend isn't going to either. She's looking in getting a Vader's Vault saber.
Drazhar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foxtail wrote:
She's looking in getting a Vader's Vault saber.

She'll have a good wait, but it will be MORE than worth it.
JediStaceyB ()

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Good Experience here. Reply with quote

I am probably in the minority here. But I had a really good experience with getting my windowed saber from Saber Forge. It was a about a month, month and a half or so before Celebration V that I ordered it. It came about 1 week before I left for Florida. The saber was perfect, the craftsmanship was incredible and the everything looked right and worked right. I have used it in combat with my Star Wars group and the only issue I have had it a wire grounding. Probably because of the abuse I have been giving it. No other issues with the sound board or anything. I feel for the people who had bad experiences. I can understand frustrations. Perhaps I just got lucky, who knows, but I love my saber.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, like people are saying, it seems to be a hit or miss with this guy and it is really upsetting. And, just to update on my situation: Still no saber and no responses from my emails. I sent him one last one earlier tonight and if I don't hear back from him, I'm taking this to the next level, something I've never had to do to anyone before. And it's a shame because I really do like his designs and was really hoping to own one of his sabers. But on the same token, I didn't pay almost $400 to have nothing to show for it. It's the last piece of my outfit I've been working on and without it, I can't join RL as a full member, something I really want to do.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to update, after sending that email to Saberforge, telling him that I would have to resort to Paypal if I didn't hear back, the next day I checked the tracking number and sure enough, it was shipped that morning. When I got it on Monday (last week), it was missing the covertech knob and belt system that I had ordered and it had sharp edges on the top half of the hilt. I was about to email him and arrange to have it shipped back for him to finish but then, I figured that I might not see it again so I just went ahead and decided to sand the edges myself and I ordered another covertech system from Amazon and I'll try and see how I can get it attached to the hilt. I am sort of resourceful on that note.
Philonius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foxtail wrote:
and it had sharp edges on the top half of the hilt. I was about to email him and arrange to have it shipped back for him to finish but then, I figured that I might not see it again so I just went ahead and decided to sand the edges myself

Yeah, I had a few sharp edges on mine too. Turns out that they aren't in the way of handling the saber, so I'm not that worried about it. Still, bad machining practice.

Come on Forge, get it together. Amazing looking sabers, just fix the customer service!

"The value of moving slowly is that one can always clearly see the way ahead."
Amalphiea ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foxtail wrote:
Well, to update, after sending that email to Saberforge, telling him that I would have to resort to Paypal if I didn't hear back, the next day I checked the tracking number and sure enough, it was shipped that morning. When I got it on Monday (last week), it was missing the covertech knob and belt system that I had ordered and it had sharp edges on the top half of the hilt. I was about to email him and arrange to have it shipped back for him to finish but then, I figured that I might not see it again so I just went ahead and decided to sand the edges myself and I ordered another covertech system from Amazon and I'll try and see how I can get it attached to the hilt. I am sort of resourceful on that note.

Anthony, next time please check with your local RL members when making a costume, we could have helped you all along. Terrapin Base has 3 members who make custom sabers.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erf.. now I feel doubly foolish. First for not checking reviews and second for not checking with you guys first. Razz Well, my mistake is being used to my girlfriend's advantage. She also is looking into being a Jedi and a full member of RL. So I guess that makes me her 'test run'. Wink
tigg (ryan)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear it but i bought one from him on ebay and had an excellent great communication and got my obiwan saber in about 2-3 weeks

RIP brother...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: