About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=39b2c1f0939340acf11823c6e427aa6dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Issues with Saberforge
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rang mereel ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Issues with Saberforge Reply with quote

Well u just wanted to post my situation and maybe receive some help. I ordered a lightsaber hilt from saberforge on July 26th. And so I waited for it to arrive. Three weeks later it did not arrive. I emailed saberforge and I recieved a email response right away. I was told that he was having issues with his cnc lathe. This went on for a month. I would email him and e would assure me I would receive my hilt. Eventually the replies to my emails were less frequent until he stopped replying. After about three unanswered emails he finally replied. On September 12th I recieved an email saying that he prepared a shipping slip. So I thought I would finally get it. By since then he has completely ignored all my emails. I have sent at least 7 emails that I have not recieved a reply to. I don't know what to do at this point. All I want is the hilt I ordered.
FenianB (Patrick Dorsey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't if this helps but you could check the intermediary through which you made payment, be it credit card or paypal, and see if they have any way to intercede.
Drazhar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like too much time has passed for such a claim, unfortunately Saberforge has a long history of being like this.

I hope you get your hilt.

Last edited by Drazhar () on Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
UmmS (Jen C)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the folks over at fx-saber forums would have some advice? I know I'm doing some heavy lurking there to learn all the ins and outs of the saber world.
Drazhar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to say if we could help or not, saberforge discussion is currently taboo there

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=30011.0 as outlined by Yoda.

I would say if you can to file a paypal claim, threats of action usually get Saberforge moving again, but I'm not speaking from personal experience either.
rang mereel ()

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I know it's been a while since I ordered. I was being led along for a while.
Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being an admin on FX I've seen this so many times it just makes me sick. I'm sorry to see yet another person get ripped off by this guy. He has indeed gone through several ebay accounts and been banned quite a while from FX. The soundboards he uses are also a copy off a board they don't own the rights to make a copy of. With all the time that has passed I'm afraid that paypal probably won't be of much help, but try it anyway. If there is enough things against him they may consider it anyway. Also definitely contact your credit card company to see if there is anything they can do for you if paypal will not help.
Jin Ke ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes.... I echo what has already been said... Stay Away From Saberforge...... I know this comes too late, but this could serve as a warning for others.... It really is a shame too.... He has a great mind for design, but his customer service and execution is what kills him.... He will try to make a amends to get people to buy again, but reverts back to his old ways in time... I hate to see newer members to the community get duped by him.... Hopefully you are able to get this sorted out.... Good luck...
Jedi Yar-Nala ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll chime in...

Yes... SF has a history.

He was doing very well at trying to rebuild his rep.

In fact... I had just purchased a saber from him.

Great communication from him, decent turnaround time... even with the CNC issues.... but in the end, he came through, and I have a great saber.

Try again... hopefully he'll respond back...

JYN: http://tinyurl.com/6lsnbmv
OWK: http://tinyurl.com/6spls3v
LS: http://tinyurl.com/6sl7vnq
Rebel Pilot JYN: http://tinyurl.com/c5kexl6
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to disagree. He's a kid who got told he makes ok stuff and decided he could pump out what parks did and got over his head and is now ducking any kind of responceability. I know someone who bought a saber from him in person at a con and said how nice he was meanwhile he has sabers up the wahoo back ordered by people. I wish you the best in getting through this. I don't know how many forums we have to say it on till it's common knowledge but stay away from saber forge.

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
saberforge ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Issues with Saberforge Reply with quote

rang mereel wrote:
Well u just wanted to post my situation and maybe receive some help. I ordered a lightsaber hilt from saberforge on July 26th. And so I waited for it to arrive. Three weeks later it did not arrive. I emailed saberforge and I recieved a email response right away. I was told that he was having issues with his cnc lathe. This went on for a month. I would email him and e would assure me I would receive my hilt. Eventually the replies to my emails were less frequent until he stopped replying. After about three unanswered emails he finally replied. On September 12th I recieved an email saying that he prepared a shipping slip. So I thought I would finally get it. By since then he has completely ignored all my emails. I have sent at least 7 emails that I have not recieved a reply to. I don't know what to do at this point. All I want is the hilt I ordered.

Alex I am extremely sorry about this, your original order was lost in transit. I have had a huge number of Halloween orders this year, and I have been backed up. I am sorry this got past me.

You ordered a hilt only fury for 64.99, I have completed your replacement saber, and am shipping it with a full electronics suite, complete with a blue led, novasound 3.0, covertech knob with belt system, and heavy duty dueling blade. Your replacement order is valued at 278.99

Hopefully this makes up for the lost package, considering I ship several hundred packages for the halloween rush between 8/1-10/15 a damaged or lost package is bound to happen, I am very sorry it happened to you.

Hopefully this makes up for the wait.

Your tracking number is 9101150134711995642906

Please let me know when it arrives, *should be there by thurs* and if you have any questions just shoot me an email.

Please use an alternative email address, for some reason your emails were getting routed to my spam folder.

The lightsaber is an elegant weapon, from a more civilized time.

Last edited by saberforge () on Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
saberforge ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drazhar wrote:
Sounds like too much time has passed for such a claim, unfortunately Saberforge has a long history of being like this.

That's why he's been through no less than 6 ebay IDs in the past 8 months, or at least a major contributing factor.

I hope you get your hilt.

That is a complete and utter fabrication, I have had two ebay id's in the last two years. Saberforge101 and Saberforge100, to this day both have 100% positive feedback. I insist you revise your post, or I will go after you for defamation.

Stating facts or opinions is one thing, fabricating and disseminating lies is quite another.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=saberforge100&ftab=AllFeedback

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=saberforge101&ftab=AllFeedback

saberforge ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ky-Wan Zann wrote:
I'll have to disagree. He's a kid who got told he makes ok stuff and decided he could pump out what parks did and got over his head and is now ducking any kind of responceability. I know someone who bought a saber from him in person at a con and said how nice he was meanwhile he has sabers up the wahoo back ordered by people. I wish you the best in getting through this. I don't know how many forums we have to say it on till it's common knowledge but stay away from saber forge.

Parks has an 8-12 week lead time sir. My oldest order is a month old, and that is for a ground up custom. I am a 26 year old college graduate with a thriving business and excellent products designed and built by me.

With the amount of hours I put in a week I am very close to the 10,000 hours required to call oneself a "master" machinist. I would hardly consider myself a "kid".

Last edited by saberforge () on Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
rang mereel ()

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much. I'm glad that I will be recieving my package soon. Will let you know when it arived. And thank you everyone who posted with advice.
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that education you'd think answering e-mails would be rather easy then.

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: