Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1e8c4b3a899d96dd3fd42c82e15105daMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Patches, coins or other merch
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost
View previous topic :: View next topic  
starfirephoenix (Alison)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Patches, coins or other merch Reply with quote

Hey,

I was wondering if you guys are going to do a run of patches or something at some stage? I've loved the logo for years and would really love to add something to my collection from Naboo Smile there was some patch trading going on at our geddon mixer tonight and it came up in discussion.
Ember ()

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alison,

Yes, Naboo patches would be wonderful!
I've thought about it, but I've always thought that with such a small number of members here it wouldn't be economical to do a run.
Of course, if someone's willing to organise it and cover the initial costs, and there's a big enough interest then I can see a run happening in future Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We thought the same when tatooine was new but theres a lot of interest internationally we found. The legion merch officer can do the run, after everyone has confirmed and paid. Start an interest thread in the merch forum - I'm sure you'll get enough interest Smile
Commander_Barriss (Sarah)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great idea. I'd love to get some naboo merch. My partner and I are hoping to come over for Auckland geddon next year and we'd love to grab some merch and bring some of our own for you guys. We'd def order some merch.
Gorman (Dean Brown)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ember wrote:

Of course, if someone's willing to organise it and cover the initial costs, and there's a big enough interest then I can see a run happening in future Smile

Forgive me for being blunt, but interest is only half of the situation.

Someone has to stump up the costs for the run, and there aren't any active local members able to afford that. Or any who can aren't showing any interest in stepping up to that plate.

On that note...

starfirephoenix wrote:
The legion merch officer can do the run, after everyone has confirmed and paid. Start an interest thread in the merch forum - I'm sure you'll get enough interest Smile

Are you saying the Legion Merch Officer is willing to cover the costs for any merch run?
starfirephoenix (Alison)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you'll familiarise yourself with the merch run process, you'll see that nothing is ordered without all orders paid for in full. I'm not sure why you think it is done any other way. No one is out of pocket at any stage Smile
_Master_Skywalker_ ()
Active Legion Member

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naboo patches or even challenge coins would be fantastic. When you do a run and open it up to all members you'd be surprised how much interest there may be Wink

Gorman (Dean Brown)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

starfirephoenix wrote:
If you'll familiarise yourself with the merch run process, you'll see that nothing is ordered without all orders paid for in full. I'm not sure why you think it is done any other way. No one is out of pocket at any stage Smile

I'm used to the 501st model and the experiences O42 has had recently with merch.

I've read the charter about merch -

http://www.rebellegion.com/about_charter.php#10

Where else should I look, because I can't see in that link anywhere it says what you've been saying.

Though I am exhausted at the mo, so I could just be blind!
starfirephoenix (Alison)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sure where it says it but we've done a few merch runs for tatooine and buy merch too, no order is placed until everything is paid for. Don't be discouraged Smile our first patch run was done when we had 15 members and the run was for 171 patches, most ordered by overseas members. Read some threads on the merch forum, then you can see the process.
starfirephoenix (Alison)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found our first patch thread, so you can see how it worked:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17451

Master Skywalker contacted the former merch officer Joel, to organise this. The interest thread worked out how much the patches were, as it can vary depending on if there's 100 patches or 200 patches. Joel arranged for the sample to be done, then once that was done, orders were taken and paid for and a deadline was set. Once the deadline passed and all payments were received, the order was placed. Joel then received the order, and mailed the patches out to the purchasers. Being where we are, it's cheaper for everyone for the run to be done from the US.

Our coin runs were done the same way. The only exception was our shirts, as they were done locally because it was easier.

Hope this helps Smile
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't really understand the interest in merch until I saw the huge pile of patches Sully had on Saturday night, and the genteel fighting over the rare ones Wink It was amazing. That leather patch is so incredibly beautiful.

I know some of the interest in them is not just for the aesthetic value or to collect 'em all (like Pokemon Wink ) but to have a reminder of friends in distant places Smile I went awww a few times in my head when I heard why you wanted at least one patch Alison Smile
Commander_Barriss (Sarah)
Active Legion Member

Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have patches and coins stuck on my walls at home. I like looking at them and remembering where I got them or who I got them from.
Like I said I'd love to have some patches and If you guys need some help to a ran up and going I'd be happy to help out. As Alison said no one is out of pocket. People order and pay and then we place an order. If more are ordered then the original quote things are adjusted accordingly.
starfirephoenix (Alison)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neimhaille wrote:
I didn't really understand the interest in merch until I saw the huge pile of patches Sully had on Saturday night, and the genteel fighting over the rare ones Wink It was amazing. That leather patch is so incredibly beautiful.

I know some of the interest in them is not just for the aesthetic value or to collect 'em all (like Pokemon Wink ) but to have a reminder of friends in distant places Smile I went awww a few times in my head when I heard why you wanted at least one patch Alison Smile

Our patch collection exploded after Dragon Con lol and every patch is special to us now Smile Dave already tried to steal the leather patch for himself.
Anaria Zar-Rel (Kristy Glasgow)
Naboo Outpost XO
Naboo Outpost XO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, after talking with the LMO and a patch company, I have an interest thread up for Naboo Outpost patches Smile http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=453582#453582

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sorting that out, Kristy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: