Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0eef0cef12357b856baec1445b2e6238Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

A project long in the works
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say that yesterday, when i've read this topic... i had a "love at first sight" (I think this is the traduction for the french expression "coup de foudre", lightning ^^).

I'm currently doing a rebel pilot, but this will be just next !
And well, i was thinking of something like a sith, or maybe a jedi ithorien.
But writing this, i'm wondering... Why not a Ithorian Pilot ? Very Happy

You've done a really good structure and sculpt. But i think, you could have even more make it lighter with some carboard to avoid foam in the center of the neck Wink Not much lighter but i guess, all you can avoid is good ^^

I have a lot of question for you.
Don't know where to start.

Could you share with me any reference pictures you get, for their morphology. ?
What diameter did you use for the eyes ?
What are the size of head and all this, foot also ^^ ?

I'm right if I say that you wil fix the head with some harness ?

And my biggest concern, which way will you see ? is it by the "mouth" ?
I'm not sur if it's possible (same height ?)
Or what ?

I'm sur i will have other question, but starting with those ^^

Thanks you.

Really good job !
And good luck !
Lora Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really awesome, and I'm always amazed by people who do alien characters! So much work and detail. Very Happy

Coming along great!

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
qui-gon32

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ritin Kornas wrote:
I must say that yesterday, when i've read this topic... i had a "love at first sight" (I think this is the traduction for the french expression "coup de foudre", lightning ^^).

I'm currently doing a rebel pilot, but this will be just next !
And well, i was thinking of something like a sith, or maybe a jedi ithorien.
But writing this, i'm wondering... Why not a Ithorian Pilot ? Very Happy

You've done a really good structure and sculpt. But i think, you could have even more make it lighter with some carboard to avoid foam in the center of the neck Wink Not much lighter but i guess, all you can avoid is good ^^

I have a lot of question for you.
Don't know where to start.

Could you share with me any reference pictures you get, for their morphology. ?
What diameter did you use for the eyes ?
What are the size of head and all this, foot also ^^ ?

I'm right if I say that you wil fix the head with some harness ?

And my biggest concern, which way will you see ? is it by the "mouth" ?
I'm not sur if it's possible (same height ?)
Or what ?

I'm sur i will have other question, but starting with those ^^

Thanks you.

Really good job !
And good luck !

Hi, sorry it took a long time to answer your questions. I appreciate the suggestions and if I try making another, I will see if I can incorporate them. I went with the foam mostly because I could sculpt it. It has some weight but not much. When I started, I actually made the soft parts first from modifying some spare off the shelf costume patterns. Mainly for reference, I used the action figure and pretty much eyeballed everything. I tried to take detailed notes so I could document the process and when all is said and done, I will make a post with it. it will contain all measurements and such. That way if someone wants to make one, there will be a kind of a guide, but by no means will the process be set in stone. I hope others that make it will improve on it with their ideas.
qui-gon32

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had better news on this to report but once again production had to stop indefinatly. Me and my family had to re locate from Michigan to Indiana so with everything in flux, I cannot do any more work until we get a place of our own to live and get the funds to finish this years long work in progress. I will revisit this thread when things get going again, hopefully it will be soon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: