About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a98bb4b2f9673134da9c198ee4a0cdd6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Greetings for a Potential "convert"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kimballk ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Greetings for a Potential "convert" Reply with quote

Greetings. I've recently been approved for the 501st with a TIE pilot, but now I have several friends trying to "corrupt" me.

So, here's what I'm thinking. I was looking at the picts for Booster Terrik and was thinking about this...

Black pants (perhaps, black jeans)
Black turtleneck shirt
Black boots
either a standard flight jacket or a tan leather jacket.
Hair slicked back

What do you think? Any "Prayer" of something like that even being close to getting "approval?"

Thanks

Kevin
Lumpy (Chris Blackstock)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First suggestion would be to look through the costume standards (the link is on the main home page) and see if you can find a standards list for that character. If it's not on there, you probably won't get approved without a TON of work and research. Being the first is always the biggest thing.

Oh, and welcome!! Laughing
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the very few pics I was able to dig up...Booster Terrik . The issue I see is finding enough reference pics to back up your costume. I see pics of pants that are not black either... so you would need to explain why black... etc...

The best advice I can give you is take any question out of the judges hands by giving them evidence as to why you think an item is what it is. Pictoral evidence or script from a book that maybe describes his garments and atire... those would really help!

Being the first is very tough indeed... and it's up to you ... not the judge to find the evidence and reference material to proove out your costume.

Good luck!
kimballk ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the pictures in the reference two of them looked black to me (what little you could see), then the one that was red.

BUT... I'll admit I'm color blind so...

Thanks... things to think about. (research is nothing new to me... it's more the TIME factor...)

hmmmmmmmmmm
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck... black might fly.

My point is leave nothing to chance, and follow up with research to the judge if it will fly or not. If you work with the judge as you go, your likely not to come across any surprises when your costume goes in for approval.

Cobalt60 is your judge for the Fringe if your interested.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: