Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c25f4b5028914af0f066b234de9a1a34Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Yavin Tech and Yavin Honor Guard-What you need to know
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> A New Hope
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saifai ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how is the chin strap mounted on the helmet?

i cant see screws outside of the helmet so it must be somehow inside
501st: Tusken, Staff & Warrant Officer, Bridge, Scanning & Mechanical Crew, Gunner, TK Stunt & Hero, TIE Pilot & Reserve, Navy Trooper (Normal & Dress), Greedo, Boba Fett, Ponda Baba, AT-ST, Kithaba, Royal Guard, Shoretrooper
Toda ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used velcro tabs that adhere to the inside of the shell to then mount the chin strap.

"Any pilot who volunteers to fly an A-wing better be brave or crazy. Probably helps to be a little of both."
―General Han Solo
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Assistant Membership Officer
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 16 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the way I did it...and...lol...as you can see...my bucket is really old and has taken quite a bit of abuse ...the bucket started to split on the comm box side..

I actually have 2 RFT buckets...
on this one...I put a grommet into the elastic and secured one side to the hardware that attaches the comm box to the helmet and on the other side I cemented the elastic to the inside of the helmet...
on my other one
I also attached the one side to the comm box attachment screw
but on the other side I put in some industrial Velcro on the helmet itself and sewed a corresponding piece of Velcro to the elastic strap...

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> A New Hope All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: