About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=107889261627cac03603bb989f9a5923Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Planet Comicon 2012 (March 24-25)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, everyone please take note of the updated first post. It looks like we'll need to prepurchase tickets. I cannot get an answer as to whether or not we'll be able to sell group passes to our own members, so please go ahead and get your advance tickets: http://www.planetcomicon.com/pc2008/tickets.html

You can order them online, or in person at one of the indicated KC area comic shops. Please note this is only an option for ONE WEEK FROM TODAY, as advance sales end 3/15.

The advance ticket rate is the same as the group rate he's always given us, so it's the same cost. The disadvantage is that you'll have to pick up your passes in the line outside before coming in. They are going to try and speed that up by letting people that have advance tickets trade them in for their actual pass on Friday night at the convention hall, so if you're in town Friday I highly encourage you to do that (in fact, we may be able to use your help setting up the table and backdrop that night too Smile ).

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
merrick_stoller ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunatly I will not be able to make PCC after all this year.
Corellian Scoundrel (Steven Umholtz)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really like to attend this event but I did NOT get in on the advance ticket sales as I was finally fully 'cleared' to go yesterday. I see on the panel list that there is a "Star Wars Costume Cavalcade" at 11AM and would love to participate in that but how long will it take to get through the line, purchase a ticket, and get into the building? Will I miss the event?

I have never been to a Con of this size before and don't really know what to expect. I plan on bringing my Han Solo, Episode IV, Mos Eisley costume. Is there a place available at the event to change into costume? Or will I have to come there already dressed?

Any information about the above questions would be GREATLY appreciated! I will only be making the trip down there for Saturday only and would love to help out wherever I'm needed.
Zazarus (David Scheffner)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I can confirm that we will have a place to change. It will be a section of area that is sectioned off in curtains. Not sure about the ticket part right off the top of my head.
Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart is going to post up a full update today.

We will have a place to change that will be shared by multiple costuming groups so you don't have to come dressed if you don't want to.

Advanced ticket pricing is available to the star wars costuming groups even on the day of via our contact outside the normal lines early before official start or Friday evening. Bart will post the exact details up today.

There is a 'Meet the groups' panel at 10am that folks in the SW groups will participate in and then the Celebs will be in the panel at 11.

We would love to have you help out at the table and there is a group dinner also posted in our section with details if your not heading back already before that.
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First post has been updated, please read to make sure we're all up to date. Some important highlights to remember:

* If you have advance purchase tickets, come to the convention center Friday night from 4:00 - 7:30 PM or Saturday morning from 7:30 - 9:30 AM. At the wodden desk across from the main doors; the 501st's representative will be selling or trading your prepurchase tickets for our badges. If you still need to purchase, go there as well and get the advance rate still, but you must have cash and exact change.

* If you want to attend the fan group dinner Saturday night, please RVSP here as soon as possible. There is a HARD limit of 100 attendees, and we're nearly there.

* Come to the Attrium Stage at 11 AM on Saturday for the Fan Group panel and stay for Billy Dee Williams' panel at noon.

* Rebel Legion group photos in the Attrium Stage at 10 AM on Sunday, We must be out of there for another panel at 10:50, so we'll go to our backdrop area in the main hall afterward for small group shots.

* We can't use the 'back door' by the changing/storage area during convention hours, NO EXCEPTIONS. If you need to load stuff through there, do it before 9:30 on Saturday.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Talulabelle (Sarah Brumfield)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we need to show anything (aside from the pre-purchase confirmation) to get the costumer badge?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Corellian Scoundrel (Steven Umholtz)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWEET! Thanks for the update! I'm sooo looking forward to this! Looking to arrive there at around 9AM and will look for the 501st rep, as directed. I'm only going to be there on Saturday so I guess I'll miss out on the group photo. Sad Crap! However, I did sign up for the dinner on Saturday night!

Oh well... I'll see everyone on Saturday!
Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talulabelle wrote:
Do we need to show anything (aside from the pre-purchase confirmation) to get the costumer badge?

I would say to bring something with the RL on it if you have it for ease, but just giving a forum name or dropping one of our names (Bart or myself) would probably suffice. We will be there Saturday morning setting up the booth by 9am at the latest.

Corellian Scoundrel wrote:
SWEET! Thanks for the update! I'm sooo looking forward to this! Looking to arrive there at around 9AM and will look for the 501st rep, as directed. I'm only going to be there on Saturday so I guess I'll miss out on the group photo. Sad Crap! However, I did sign up for the dinner on Saturday night!

Oh well... I'll see everyone on Saturday!

We will have the backdrop up for photos all weekend. We can try to take a group photo with who is there on Saturday so you can get in one. Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gius Maximus wrote:
Talulabelle wrote:

I would say to bring something with the RL on it if you have it for ease, but just giving a forum name or dropping one of our names (Bart or myself) would probably suffice. We will be there Saturday morning setting up the booth by 9am at the latest.

Sweet. I was gonna say I didn't have any RL swag yet since I'm brand new, but somebody just gave me a patch.

We're going to dinner at a friend's place Friday night, and they live pretty close to the trade center so we'll probably swing by there first as we get in to KC from Omaha.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone having problems finding the 'costumer' badges, ask for Rhonda... that's the name of the lady taking care of that. I'll send anyone that needs it my mobile number in case you have problems, you can call me.

gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't absolultely HAVE to to get the Costumer passes, but it will be easier on the coordinator if you can: if you haven't RSVP'd here on this thread, please do so we can give your name to the coordinator so she'll 1) know you're really with us and 2) make sure we have enough passes for everyone.

Thanks!

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gandalfbmg wrote:
You don't absolultely HAVE to to get the Costumer passes, but it will be easier on the coordinator if you can: if you haven't RSVP'd here on this thread, please do so we can give your name to the coordinator so she'll 1) know you're really with us and 2) make sure we have enough passes for everyone.

Thanks!

I think I've RVSP'd already, but consider this my official RSVP Very Happy
Nickel (Nick Letcher)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there.
jawa 2
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had you both Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: