Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3dad177e9844e247503feb0cfd4f2545Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Venezuelan Amidala

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostRider01 (Luis Alejandro Mendoza)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Venezuelan Amidala Reply with quote

ladies of the rebellion i need your help... in the last con in caracas one lof the attendants go with a queen amidalas invasion gown... give me your opinions because she wants join the RL

thanks a lot!!!

Formely Know as Sgt. Siul Azendom
Mosi ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize that I'm not a "lady of the rebellion", but my wife does have this costume.

The head dress needs to be redone since the hair hoop is entirely too small.

The material on the dress looks like it has a pattern, which is wrong. There also needs to be "vertical panels" sewn when the dress is constructed.

The eggs on the dress are too round and need to be an actual egg shape.

Overall, the dress looks like a complete re-do from the ground up and some of the parts of the head dress can be salvaged.
GentleBant ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the standards for that costume:Queen Amidala (Episode I: The Phantom Menace, Red Invasion Gown)
Required Items:
    Red gown with seaming/piping down the length of the gown and pointed outer sleeves.
    Main dress has an inverted funnel shape.
    Both collars, tabard, outer and inner sleeves and base of gown have fur trim. The outer sleeve is lined with fur as well with no red showing.
    Tabard has gold design down the length, upper collar has swirled design.
    Egg shaped orbs with black detail at the base are spaced evenly around bottom of gown.
    Hair in a large curved shape, knotted ponytail down back. Red and gold face frames attached to cover ears, ornament at top of headpiece with red stripe down center ending in red jewel.
    White make-up on face and neck must be applied evenly. No splotchy make-up. Red upper lip, white lower with red stripe down center.
    Twin red dots on apples of cheeks centered beneath the eyes.

First of all, I think she's done a great job of capturing the "feel" of the costume. You can look at her and tell exactly what she's going for!

That being said, there would be a lot of changes that would need to happen to get it up to formal status.
From what I see in the standards, in addition to the changes mentioned above:
-Sleeves need to be pointed
-The shape of the upper collar isn't quite right, but does have the swirls
-Not sure on the hair (no pics from the back)
-The headpiece might be usable if the scale of the coiled hair is redone
-I believe the length of the tabbard is also a bit too short

To my eye, the make up is well done. It's a great effort; it's just to get it to meet standards, she'd have to make quite a few changes.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could this be a deluxe amidala halloween store bought costume dress? if so, that is not acceptable.
I agree with everyone above.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mosi wrote:
I realize that I'm not a "lady of the rebellion", but my wife does have this costume.

jajaja any help was good my friend

Quote:
Could this be a deluxe amidala halloween store bought costume dress?

i dont think so, for the details in the "eggs" mostly hand painted

thanks everybody i send the link to the lady maybe she can improve more the costume

Formely Know as Sgt. Siul Azendom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: