About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=64ce8f9e125a29c89416272d6ac4c6ceMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Star Wars Celebration VI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Alpha Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mac Bragg ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Star Wars Celebration VI Reply with quote

If you are looking to book your air travel, you can start making your reservations this weekend at most airlines. They have about a 330 day "window" so if you are comong back on the 27th you have to wait until October 1st to book the RT.

Just for fun I checked the "official" link for hotels and travel.

SEA-MCO RT 22-27 SEP 1 Adult shows Alaska as the only nonstop service about $565 "Economy". Change that to 2 adults and it jumps to $766 per person. Surprised

If you go to the Alaska web page directly, $745 will get you First Class per person, with Economy at $322. The AM flight is already down to 4 seats in Economy.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm seriously considering CVI this time. If it comes through, I've been offered a place to stay.

I don't fly anymore, so I've already made a reservation to go by rail. It takes about four days, but since I've always been able to sleep with the sound of the wheels, I don't think it will fatigue me too much.

Sure hope to see some of the folks I know only on the Internet at this Celebration. Keeping my fingers crossed that it works out quickly so I can confirm my travel reservation rate by the end of next week. It pays to get old too. They're giving me a senior discount rate. Wooo Hooo!

If anyone has the time and wants a rails vacation, I'd enjoy the company.

"He's just a crazy old wizard." Wink
JediKai (Kate B)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rail travel is notoriously unreliable. My friends who frequently travel here by Amtrak from Corvallis can sometimes be hours late, even with that short haul. Amtrak has to give way to freight. So plan your trip to arrive even a day or two in advance or you might miss something!
Folard-Toz (Charles Foltz)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch! I'm going to have to check with the station about this. Seems like they could get you to your destination at least within a 12 hour window. I sure don't want to take a bus that far. Last time I was on a bus trip to So. Cal. the driver nearly went to sleep at the wheel.
Shocked
I so want to go by rail, so I hope this doesn't turn out to be the case. But I am checking with my cell service to see if I can get anywhere coverage for the trip so I can call my ride when I do arrive. Rolling Eyes
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, just confirmed a room arrangement for Orlando, so now on to determining how to get there.

Going over to the main forum to see if anyone has any ideas for making my first Celebration trip work. Rolling Eyes
acesh007 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be looking into tickets as well soon. Making a vacation out of it though. Have family in Tampa.
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revised my train trip to leave a day early in case of delays. Just means I have to reserve an overnight near the station until my friends arrive.
Definitely looking forward to this. Won't order my CVI tickets until February when there's more in the bank. Smile
pcjedi66 (Mechelle Allen)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone going that needs a traveling partner for hotel etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Alpha Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: