About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=628cd1aceeee2901e12d702486a6b999Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Slave Leia - submitted for approval!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
femtrooper julie ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: Slave Leia - submitted for approval! Reply with quote

I submitted my photos for approval tonight, crossing my fingers! I want to make a few tweaks of course, but I am happy so far with the look! Please feel free to give my any advice!

http://femtrooperjulie.webs.com
femtrooper julie ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And big thanks to Sandy and all who gave me advice on my boots! Cool Could not have done it without you all! I have a vibroaxe on the way, should be here any day! Laughing

RebelSenator (Raychel Enck)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks great! Very Happy I see that you've paid attention to all the little details like the earrings and braid. I can only hope the upgrades I'm doing to my costume will turn out as well as your costume has Mr. Green . The boots seem to match the top perfect! I'm sure you will be approved. I love the poses with the helmet too...LOL!
MidSouth Garrison, Public Relations Officer
http://www.facebook.com/LCJedi
femtrooper julie ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I took sandy's tip and used the extra material I cut off the replace the cups Wink

Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome Julie! I hope you hear back from them soon! Smile

The only thing that i can see that they may say something about is the size of your hair bun and the gold bun holders not holding the bun.
They may not say anything about it. Smile

Just keep us posted on what the judge tells you!
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
femtrooper julie ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am terrible with hair! And my friend that helped me before is out of town, so I was on my own with a storm trooper helping me LOL! I was not sure of if the clips were supposed to go over the bun, but sounds like it should. I''ll look more closely next time I do it. Thanks again Sandy!

Maumi (Dena Maumi Curtis)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great!!!
femtrooper julie ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Friend and fellow Slave Leia Summer Ramey just told me that many girls buy two braids, and wrap one around the bun for the "big bun" look, and then clip the other one on. I still have to sort out how to get a better match...either dye my hair more blonde (my hairdresser hates to do more than I have LOL!), or maybe I can darken the braids some. I just do not think the light brown from 3 muses will work...

Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slave Leia didnt have a braided bun, and you cannot get approved with a braided bun. The bun must be smooth hair wrapped into a bun. Yes, there are girls who do the braided bun sometimes but not all of the slave leia's are rebel legion members, so keep that in mind.

However, if you contact Candy with Three Muses Clothing, she can sell you a ponytail extension unbraided. She may be able to even construct a braid for you that has more than one color blended with it to match your hair better if you like.

I used my own hair to do the bun on top my head and then i use the Three Muses braid for the extension. I realize that not everone has enough hair to create a bun, which is when you can simply put your hair in a ponytail and then attach a smooth ponytail extension and the braid extension at the same time, then you wrap the smooth hair around on top into a bun and pin it, then the braid will come from under the bun. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
femtrooper julie ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, no word from the costume judges. Maybe I did not hit the submit button? Can anyone make sure I am in the que?

I got my axe done tonight, this is a soft rubber version, I wanted it to be "con-safe." We have a little mini-con in Hawaii this weekend and will get some new photos with it in costume Smile

Got mine done tonight, as said above, it is a pretty easy build. I am only 4'11", so I went with the 5 foot build Smile I used a coat hanger for the wire detail, and an old cell phone charger to wrap the wires. I also got the think plasticoat to try and dress up the rough edges, but they still look fairly rough, especially at the back of the hair dryer. Hopefully noone is looking too close at the axe when I am posing with it Smile

The compression coupler I got was the wrong one, I guess it is supped to go into a box instead of connect the pipe, so I built it one piece for now. Maybe later I'll cut it and make it collapsible. Believe it or not, this think is pretty heavy for me to lug around! I am a weakling! I am thinking maybe I should've went with PVC pipe Smile

Over all, a very nice axe that is sure not to break, and will look great at shows! Thanks!

Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice axe!

im not sure, a costume judge would have to chime in here and see if you are in the line up to be judged or not. Smile
the extent of my leadership access is confined to the RLGS detachment, as i am not a legion costume judge at this time.

id you ever receive an email saying that your costume was submitted after you submitted the costume?
femtrooper julie ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkyrieangel wrote:
nice axe!

im not sure, a costume judge would have to chime in here and see if you are in the line up to be judged or not. Smile
the extent of my leadership access is confined to the RLGS detachment, as i am not a legion costume judge at this time.

id you ever receive an email saying that your costume was submitted after you submitted the costume?

No email...I am thinking I missed the button lol! I can be a blonde, even though dyed!

Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(The only hold up right now is that I'm waiting on a photoshop issue! Sorry about the delay! Sad )

"Everytime you're not canon, a fairy dies." - Mike
femtrooper julie ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update!

femtrooper julie ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Formal approved today! They did say be careful with the hair in the future, and I'll get it better. Cool Thanks everyone for the help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: