About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b9d04ec7cbdfee5137e3ebf20d680f36Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New Jedi (I hope!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Rogue Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tag Aldeggon wrote:
Wow! Wow wow wow! Those look so good! Thank you! Hey, do you suppose you could try them in green too? I mean, my character uses blue, but it could be cool to see the difference! You guys rock!

PM sent with pics.
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look awesome dude! Thanks!

... and even if you succeed, it's a hard life."
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MY SUBMISSION IS IN! MY SUBMISSION IS IN!

May the Force be with me now .... Ben

Mastershane (Shane Gordon)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck!
JainaSoloFel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, it looks awesome to me.
RogueSock (Jordan Goodson)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck! Looks awesome!
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I'm kind of nervous about my application at the moment; they sent an e-mail that asked what color the outer tunic was, and I carefully explained that it was gray with brown undertones, and send the color-corrected photos ionicdesign was kind enough to do for me. I also noted how Zett Jukassa in the films wears gray tunics which are also within their set of standards. I know it's not a normal choice, but I really didn't stretch the definition of earth tones, and there's no color that would be inappropriate in it (blacks, whites, rainbow colors). I hope this isn't a problem.

They seemed very polite, so I assume they will continue to be so, but I really want this to go through! I can't get another one made; circumstances just won't allow it. I'm stressing pretty bad right now!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not be concerned at all. I have looked through a ton of the pictures they have and rembember seeing several with Greyish colors. Your costume looks great, and I know will be accepted :-).
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks my friend. Honestly, I just want everything to get cleared for us so we can finally get out there and shake things up at events! I hope they can get this taken care of quickly.

I appreciate your positive optimism; I was hoping it would all go smoothly but the e-mail gave me second thoughts. Let's pray there are no more setbacks for either of us!

CrazedOne1988 (Chris Loomis)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it'll work out fine. Your suit is pretty beast. Once I get some belt accessories and a covertech clip, I'll probably put an application in as well. Then we can rock some events!
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I must say I'm hurt and frustrated. My application was rejected on the grounds that gray is not used by anybody besides Zett Jukassa in the films, and then I was told to "just get a D-ring and take a picture with the clip."

The reply was very courteous and I can't fault them for being anything less than kind, but the choice frustrates me. Nobody seems to get "earth tones;" they are any color of EARTH - not from the earth, since by that standard green and red are earth tones, but EARTH as in dirt, stone, rock - and gray, in the professional industry, counts.

I can't afford a D-clip, and frankly I hate the look and feel of them. I don't like the Expanded Universe, and that's more or less what New Republic means. I don't want to be a "New Republic Jedi." And I don't want to attend events with a silly D-clip that can't even hold my lightsaber. I'm just really sad about this right now. I sent a formal petition, I hope it gets through.

I'm really hurt. Not angry, but hurt.

Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was the e-mail:

Quote:
"Hi again,

After looking at your images again we can't accept it as Old
Republic as gray is not a color that was used except by one
face character. We can however look at excepting it as a NEW
REPUBLIC JEDI. All I'd need is a photograph of you with the
New Repub D-ring clip and I can approve it as that.

The costume is very beautifully done and I'd really love to
approve it. Thanks"

And my reply:

Quote:
"I must say this news is crushing and heart-breaking. I assure you, the color has enough brown not to be in question, but because it doesn't follow typical Obi-Wan or Anakin color schemes, I see where one might question. But the pictures I sent with color correction ought to have been enough. I have a formal dislike for the expanded universe, and as the "New Republic" is essentially all EU, it would be somewhat frustrating to be forced into that category.

You mention "all I'd need is a photograph of you with the New Republic D-ring clip." I'm afraid that can't be done; I don't have a D-ring, I can't afford one, and I could never afford to get a new lightsaber, nor to modify the one I have to fit that. Such things are extremely expensive for somebody on as tight a budget as I am. Also there are other questions. Would I have to wear the different clip to events? Or is it really such a formality that I would have to get it accepted as "New Republic," but could then get to wear it as "Old Republic?" I can't wear my lightsaber on anything but a covertec, nor would I want to.

As for the colors, the gray has enough browns and dusty tones in it to be, what I consider, acceptable. I had hoped the color corrected pictures would demonstrate that. The standards say "earth tones," and specify "any shade of brown." Gray-brown is still, then, brown. Of a different shade? Yes, but a shade nonetheless.

I hope to petition this in the most civil and polite means possible, but as you can imagine, I am deeply hurt and saddened. I had so hoped to get my membership quickly, and having had years of experience with textiles and colors, I am somewhat frustrated that this color is not accepted for what it is - a true, earth toned, stone brown-gray. It very much does qualify for Old Republic Jedi. Please let me know through what process I need to go in order to appeal this choice.

If you like, I can get ALL of the photos color corrected so that the true hue can be recognized. I have also gone through every single Old Republic Jedi in the member records, and have found SEVERAL people that made gray robes, and much more extreme uses of it than my own - very cool grays, with sketchy patterns, etc. I am aware that standards change, but it is nevertheless a fact that there are much more questionable costumes in the legion's "Old Republic" ranks, and mine would not cause any stir. I have shown my pictures to my base and on the forums; it has met with resounding approval and nobody has found fault with it. In fact many will be shocked that it hasn't been accepted with this first application.

Please reconsider your choice and let me know if the corrected photos would help. I am certain that seeing ALL of the pictures with the correct filtering will help, and I apologize that I didn't have the means or knowledge to do so earlier. There is enough brown to render it perfectly within your standards, and past history indicates that mine is more than within reason. Changes to the costume are impossibly beyond my means, and so recommending them would be to little avail.

Please let me know soon;

Edward (Tag Aldeggon)"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tag, sorry bro Sad.

Don't let yourself get disheartened. I understand your objection and frustration. But don't let it get you down!

Your petition is very well written and I expect they will take a closer look.

In the meantime, I would get that D-Ring. I understand your stance, but if they decide to continue with their decision you can get accepted now and then simply re-submit after we press for an update and change to the current requirements.

Again, don't let it get you down!
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks my friend. But I can't afford a D-ring; right now even a few dollars is too much to afford. I don't even know where to get one or how to attach one to a belt. And they're ugly. Sad

I'm trying to be more optimistic, but being turned down because of a few gradations on the color wheel is very saddening to me. I just want to be approved on terms of my own design, or at least within my right to determine ...

ionicdesign (Michael)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RogueSock wrote:
... and then simply re-submit after we press for an update and change to the current requirements.

Just so there is clarity, the current proposed changes (not mine, but others) for the Generic costume is to state definitively browns only.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Rogue Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: