Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8c77ff279c5a3d3a1f7b3f77b4937e2aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New Jedi (I hope!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Rogue Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Tne strength of this costume is really in the robes; the fit, the cut, and the color scheme really are perfect for me. I'm grateful my dad is so exceptionally skilled!

The only items I really need to upgrade are the belt and pouches; after seeing what Roguesock's got I just have to have the same level of craftsmanship for my leather goods! Hmm. That'll be a few months saving at least ... Smile

... and even if you succeed, it's a hard life."
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Photos! These aren't any better than the ones before as far as lighting and grainy my-camera-phone-isn't-as-good-as-it-claims-to-be texture, but they do show off the boots and lightsaber a little better. Smile

Last edited by Tag Aldeggon () on Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:48 pm; edited 6 times in total
RogueSock (Jordan Goodson)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great Tag! What type of pants did you use?
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're actually from Buckle Jeans; it's their soft khaki pant, low-rise boot cut (the style is called the Fulton cut) in a very cool beige that is the perfect complement to the warm grays of the tunic. I'm super picky about colors going together, and these are not only colored right, but they're super comfortable since they're pants I would wear anyway. They're tough too since it's made like a jean instead of like slacks.

I always think Jedi pants should fit well; the whole loose-fitting pants thing is, I believe, inaccurate. Yeah you should be able to move around in them, but Obi-Wan, Mace Windu - their pants fit. So should mine! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have to go go grab a some. I like the way they are above the top of the boot.
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's the reason I got a boot-cut jean. See, they're naturally slimmer through the leg, which keeps them from bunching up too much, but the extra fabric around the calves still let's it wear with a nice layered effect. Plus they fit great and don't affect the skirting of the lower tunic. I've seen to many awful uses of regular slacks to use them - go fitted!

Edit: Of course, this is all using my body-type as a basis, which is trim/athletic. Different builds may need to fit things differently, so just because it works for me doesn't mean it will work for everybody. As always, try things on before you buy them!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas they don't have them any longer.
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can go to the stores and see; I know they have them at their store in Orem. Give me your measurements and I'll look around the store in Provo, then I'll let you know what I find! Smile

JainaSoloFel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like how this is coming together!
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright my friends, this outfit is just about done. Things left to do:

- one more tea stain of the inner tunic. I want it tinted with just a little more brown hue before submitting. (funny how I've never used tea for anything but dying fabric! lol)

- buy a smartphone pouch, although since I won't have enough to buy one for some time, I'll just have to go ahead without it! Sad

- take the photos! If only this awful weather would let up I would do it outside; if not I'm just going to hope that some indoor shots don't turn out too grainy!

I really wish our base would host one of those photo sessions I've seen done; I know Alpine Garrison did one a few months ago that turned out really cool (check their gallery!). For now though, I'm just about ready! If anybody has some advice for me before I go ahead to the photo stage, let me know. I'll then post the final pics here before submitting them in the application. Thanks for all your help guys!

Dark Radiance ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're working on getting some armor/costume/photo get togethers soon, but with weather and finding a location, that is what is becoming difficult.
CrazedOne1988 (Chris Loomis)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Radiance wrote:
We're working on getting some armor/costume/photo get togethers soon, but with weather and finding a location, that is what is becoming difficult.

Man it was all warm and sunny last week.... What happened?
JainaSoloFel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other issue is scheduling with photo gurus. It's been a crazy last few weeks with elections going on as well.

If you take photos outside, please beware busy backgrounds. Keep it solid as much as possible. That way, it's a lot easier to edit when they put your pic in the frame.
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well with Utah's psychotic weather going all looney on me I don't think I can do it outside anyway at this point. See, I'm from southern California, so maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't there supposed to be another season before winter? You know, ... FALL?!?

Rolling Eyes

Anyway, that would be great if they could organize a good photo shoot. Admittedly, this seems to be a hectic month for everybody anyway, but that would be indeed nice.

JainaSoloFel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I'm from Northern CA and that's what I thought too. In Utah, we have just two seasons. Winter and Road Construction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Rogue Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: