About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3f9b186c86889e45a2588c091bea6c74Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Australian Wookies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chewie ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Australian Wookies Reply with quote

Removed

Last edited by Chewie () on Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the best of my knowledge no one in Australia has a finished a Wookiee suit.

However, at DragonCon Dave Humphrey said a relative of his (cousin I think) is working on one or wanting to start one.

There have also been two Australian's who have announced their intention to build Wookiee's:
I want to be a Wookie
Chewie Down under

If memory serves there is someone in Australia or NZ who is actually 7 feet tall who is building a Wookiee.
firebird ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there guys, It was me who started the Chewie down under thread and I am also Dave Humphrey's cousin , I hope to be done by early 2012 although international delivery times are killing me at the moment.
TrooperDyl (D Rock)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Australian Wookies Reply with quote

Swiv wrote:

After the 14th of September, the Star Wars Blu-Ray release in Australia, after a problem with organisers uninviting all costumers not associated with the 501st in less than 12 hours (yes I know it sounds fishy), it was only after TV and photographers kept pulling me out of the waiting line, that organisers ask me "how many Chewbaccas are in Australia"?

The main purpose of this topic is to see how many Australian Wookies there are, those who are making suit and people with made suit. It will help us Aussie wookie builders so we can try and help each other out and help build up the wookie numbers.

Hi Geoffry,
TrooperDyl here. I'm sure you've heard all about me.
I'm a little disturbed by what you're inferring here. If you have something to say about the 501st or the Southern Cross Garrison then feel free to say it or if you don't feel comfortable posting it on forum then you can PM me if you like.
I was actually the one who pulled you out of the line up to come and have photos with us. Yeah, that was me in the Captain Rex armour.
Or did you conveniently forget that?
I find it interesting that you seem to have passed judgement on us without actually meeting any of us.

I wish you well on your journey to becoming a Wookiee. You seem to truly have dedication and passion for it.
I myself have embarked on the same quest, although I have chosen Tarfful to inhabit.
A dentist friend of mine is making me a set of prosthetic teeth. The guy is an artist. I am looking forward to constructing the armour and weapons.
Peace.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have to pull in more wookiees into this thread to keep everyone playing nice I hope?

Hate to see people loose an arm over a missunderstanding. Smile

Dance Chewie
Chewie ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed

Last edited by Chewie () on Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing to appologize about M8! Looks like you two are working thru things just fine.

If you guys need any info... this is the place!

Bob
davej ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Geoffry,
I'm dave j, and I'm the 501st Legion Southern Cross Garrison CO, as well as a member of the rebel Legion.
I was contacted on the Saturday night before the Blu-ray release by Lucasfilms ( LFL), and asked to provide names, costumes, and membership numbers of all those who were attending the event. This is pretty standard procedure for an LFL event, as I'm sure many Rebel Legion CO's can attest, but normally it happens in advance, rather than a couple of days before. Southern Cross Garrison had already attended a couple of Blu-ray release events, and had had to provide membership details for each of them beforehand.
The first thing that I knew of the Starwalking club attending in costumes was when MickFett told me that they were not coming on the morning of the event.
The Rebel Legion, and the 501st Legion are LFL's chosen costumers. I don't know who dropped the ball on this one, and only decided to check membership details at the last moment, but Starwalkings exclusion from the event was nothing to do with the 501st legion.
Chewie ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed

Last edited by Chewie () on Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anduril ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see some more Wookies popping up around Australia! I'm currently putting a Han together so it'll be good to see some around.

Also, Beejay is also working on a Chewie down here in Vic as well who hasn't been mentioned yet: http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18576

Check out my Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/needleandblade
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: