About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8db4563f8090c275be6d799e3250af49Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

San Antonio Children's Hospital Event

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BastianKa ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: San Antonio Children's Hospital Event Reply with quote

Hey all,

I've been in correspondence with one of the children's life coordinators at Methodist children's Hospital here in San Antonio, TX. They've had 501st there in the past, but there was a big request from a lot of the kids to see some "good guys". Anyways, they would love to have us there on October 21st. I haven't committed to a time with them yet, because I wanted to ask around both here and on the facebook page about what would work best to ensure a good turnout for these kids. We will have free parking, and a guaranteed place to change. They'd want us to visit the kids in a playroom first, and then go room-to-room for the kids who can't come out.

They said that either the morning or early afternoon (my contact said around 2:00) works best. I know that the 21st is a Friday, but I'm hoping that more than a month is enough time to ensure that you can get work off/cut out early.

This is a great cause, and a fun opportunity to costume and give back to the community. So please, let me know if you're interested in doing this event, as well what time would work best for you.

Also, as kind of a side-note, there has been an unofficial request for Jedi and Clone troopers.

*Edit: How do I make this an official RL event on the events thread?

Last edited by BastianKa () on Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
BastianKa ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: An update Reply with quote

Okay, so we're officially on the books at Methodist Children's Hospital in San Antonio, TX. The date is October 21st, at 4:00 pm. There will be space made available for us to change, as well as free parking.

Please let me know if you are interested, so that I can give them an estimate of how many of us are going to be there. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: