About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5d06763a2e45b8abebbb43221e6730edMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hey There :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Rogue Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it will turn out right dude! You never know when things may suddenly work out for the better. But I know the feeling; this will be the first year that I wear my costume in its completed state, and I started mine 4 years ago! But that's mostly because I've usually been too poor to upgrade more than one piece at a time. Yours will come together, you'll see. And I hope I'm one of the first too see it! Smile

... and even if you succeed, it's a hard life."
RogueSock (Jordan Goodson)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought this was cool:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/14/yoda-language-study_n_1010720.html

Turns out our caveman ancestors spoke like Yoda :-)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no word from Eva,

Per Edwards suggestion I contacted her Base officers and they are trying to reach her.

I cannot even imagine what the problem is. I have tried Facebook, Email, Rebel Legion, and Ebay. Nothing.

However there are 12+ positive reviews for the month of October raving about great communication and fast shipping on her Ebay account and she daily posts new auctions.

This is the last message I sent:

"Hey Eva,

I have sent you multiple messages via email, ebay, and facebook. But none of them seem to have reached you. So sending this message via all of them.

The last message you sent to me on Oct. 5th said you would be shipping out everything over the next couple of days. I have not received any shipments, and have not heard any word from you.

Unfortunately I am unable to participate in a costume contest, and my first event with the Rebel Legion because of it.

I understand you are busy, but please take the time to email me and tell me the status of my Tunics. I am going to various costume parties this year which start on the 20th, in my incredible Jedi costume, with some amazing Tunics made by Eva!

Please get back to me quickly.

Email: jqgoodson@live.com
Phone: (801) 645-3360

Jordan Goodson"

This has been the tone of the entire situation.

Furthermore I am conscerned if I need to process a claim with Paypal it will be denied because she asked me to pay her as a "gift" so paypal would not take extra funds.

Sigh

Anyways this is just an update, hoping to hear back from her Base soon, just frustrated.

In other news the event was awesome, and I was stoked I could offer some items for display. Thanks for letting me participate in a way I could!
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey dude, anything I can do to help just let me know. I got your back, especially to make up for not getting to go to the event.

CrazedOne1988 (Chris Loomis)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's harsh dude. I'm sure it'll all work out though. Cant wait to see it once you get it!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the support, and no worries Tag. We will be sure to go to the next one, and this time I will (hopefully) be in costume with you!

Heck, by then we may be full fledged members.

I do have some great news though, Daniel just let me know that my boots are on the way and will be here before Halloween! So Stoked!

And Civilized Galactic Gear (Tom) updated his website to display his belts. The picture for the "Shock Belt" he made for me is shown. (thought that was cool):

http://civilizedgalacticgear.com/How_the_Pouches_Work.html

I am sure it will all work out as well. Just hope it will be sooner than later.
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if all goes according to plan my application will be in by Halloween! And thanks for understanding bro. Wink

I have to say, the mechanic belt is just about the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. That round buckle is exactly the kind of unique accent i've been looking for! Sucks I'm so poor right now, lol.

All of your accesories are top notch dude; I can't wait to finally see it all together!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update,

Called Paypal Tuesday to start a dispute. The Paypal rep called Eva with a number they had, she answered, said she was aware and that she was shipping them that day.

Lo and Behold I received a shipment!

Received the Outer Tunic, Obi's (They button to the shoulder, but the back end is way to short - may need some help), and the sash.

But not the brown undershirt Sad.

I sent an email, and called. Just hoping she will respond.

Anyways half-way there!
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude that's AWESOME! I'm sure the rest will come soon. Can you get some pictures showing the problem? Maybe I can help out if I can see just what's wrong. It might just need some simple re-stitching

Mastershane (Shane Gordon)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If she styled the tabbards like episode 3 obiwan, his tabbards stop at his belt in the back.
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that could be the case. Many Jedi tunics in the films are constructed that way; my own costume is like that. I like the look of it better. Do you have pictures of you wearing it so we can see what you mean?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well still have not received the undershirt.

Once again receiving...zero response from her.

Not going to lie, beyond pissed at this point.

Will likely take legal action per paypals suggestion.

Unfortunetly I cannot process a normal claim because she asked me to send payment as a gift. In my ignorance I didn't know it would mean I could not process a dispute in the regular manner. She sure seemed to know. So basically I have been taken advantage of.

One thing is for certain...she is probably Sith ;-).

Just waiting on her to apply for membership.

-Jordan
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, dude ...

I had been wondering what happened to you, but this just makes me so sad. I want to help somehow. I wish I could take you to my family in So Cal so that my dad could make you one himself! This just breaks my heart.

I hate when this happens to people, let alone friends. Really, if I can do ANYTHING to help please let me know!

- Edward

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the concern, after seeing your costume I wish we could visit your family! Alas.

Sounds like this will either be a: She will respond back/send me the undershirt, or legal action either way I plan to write a review and make sure it is read far and wide. So others can skip out on this lovely experience.

I have been beyond understanding, kind, and patient, yeah...not anymore.

Sigh, still doesn't make me feel better.

Let me know as soon as you get accepted though!
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will, of course! And you know, if you really need an undershirt, I have an idea for you. I have an older Jedi tunic that my dad made when I was in high school, but the obi is way too tight now. You could use it as an undertunic until you have one of your own; just pinch the sleeves tighter or wrap them so they aren't full. It's not a perfect solution, but it's definitely an option if you want to borrow just the tunic and wear it underneath.

Here's a picture of it from my ward's Halloweed party last week. A friend of mine found it while rumaging my costume trunk and INSISTED on being my padawan for Halloween! It was pretty awesome; she studied up on how a padawan should act and speak and stayed in character at every party we went to. She also had the BEST padawan braid I have ever seen - her hair was the perfect length! Here we are so you can see the tunic; it's a beige color and a really nice, substantial fabric. Let me know if you're interested!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Rogue Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: