About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=09a65b301369631a8f8d289e1b6f40a5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Sad to announce....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base -> Bespin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Funky Buns (Daphne Collier)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Sad to announce.... Reply with quote

After much thought, I wanted you all to know that I won't be running for CO next term. As much as I would love to run for office again, I don't think it would be wise for me to do so. I have a lump in my throat while typing this message to you all, and it is very difficult for me to say, but I think it's for the best. Crying or Very sad It's just been a very difficult year for me and my family with one bad thing happening after another, and it has just been a struggle to keep up with my duties as Bespin CO. I think it would be best to have someone who can keep up with the tasks that are necessary to keep a successful base up and running. I would though, like to finish out my term as CO, as I really enjoy the responsibility and hard work that goes into it.

I am extremely proud of how our little base has turned out to be. We wouldn't have gotten here if it weren't for everyone doing such a fantastic job. The number of members that have joined in the last year or so have just jumped leaps and bounds. You all do such a wonderful job keeping up with your costumes, creating new costumes and most importantly getting out there trooping and having fun. And that's one thing I haven't been able to do in quite a while is to be out there with you guys and trooping. I miss it so much! Hopefully before the year is done I will be able to put in a few more troops. DragonCon is coming up, and I'll be there for that, and then there is the annual Toys For Tots and Atlanta Christmas Parade that I plan on trooping.

So keep in mind someone who you'd like to nominate next term for CO. I am confidant that one of our members out there will make a great CO for Bespin Base.

It has been my absolute pleasure working with and for you guys here in Bespin Base. And I am proud to say that I did the best job that I could do while CO for Bespin Base. You guys are the best!!!
Lady (Gayle Klar)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<3 *hugs*

I hope everything gets better. If there is anything I can do let me know Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Commander Cody (Jason R.)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to read this, Daphne. Taking on a command position is a lot of responsibility, but we need to remember that our real lives come first. You've been an excellent CO and I'm happy to have been under your leadership for this past year. The Base has grown under your leadership and I hope it will continue to do so into the next year.

Thanks again for your service, and I can't wait to troop with you soon Very Happy

RAID Commanding Officer | Legion Costume Judge- Rebel Troopers & Officers | Ohio Garrison XO, 501st Legion
Orion Knight-Star (Alex McKeel)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On behalf of the Corellian Base we salute you my sister. As your friend and someone who has trooped with you several times I think you handled being a commanding officer with dignity and respect. You, did an awesome job my friend and Bespin is a great base because of your leadership.
smoothrat (David Lindabury)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear this, but hopefully things will calm down for you and we'll see you trooping again soon.
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daph, I was proud to have you as my XO and prouder still of the job you did as CO. Leading a base isn't easy, there are many things that go on "behind the scenes" that most members don't know about.

I'll save you a seat by the pool at the COs Retirement Home. Cool

Beth
rebelgirl (anne simmons)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry you are having a rather crazy time..and hope it will calm down a little so you can come troop with us again.....but we do understand.
we do miss you.
Kryy Jacobi (Karyn W)
Bespin Base XO
Bespin Base XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daphne,

I'm so sorry it's been such a tough year. I hope things get better... LOTS better.... and I hope to see you out trooping more... I miss you!

Thanks for your service... not just this year, but the past years as XO. I know it's a lot of hard work, and most of it is "behind the scenes". Thanks for your service to us in Bespin and to RL as a whole. Smile

Look forward to seeing you next weekend at D*C.

Blessings,
Karyn

Proverbs 3:5-6

Check out our new Facebook Fan Page! https://www.facebook.com/BespinBaseGA
Obaa-san Brenda (Brenda Sellers)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: co Reply with quote

Daph,
So very sorry to hear this news. I wish you hope and happiness fir the future. Hope to see you at the next troop.
Brenda
TheNegotiator (Derek Struchtemeyer)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was an honor to serve as your wingman Commander. Thumbs up
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheNegotiator wrote:
It was an honor to serve as your wingman Commander. Thumbs up
The honor was all mine, Derek! Thank you for being there for me.
LatinLeia (Diana)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: seasons change....and the universe provides Aloha! Reply with quote

I will be seeing you.....We troop together........In Armor.... Wink
Funky Buns (Daphne Collier)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: seasons change....and the universe provides Aloha! Reply with quote

LatinLeia wrote:
I will be seeing you.....We troop together........In Armor.... Wink
Ssshhhhh.... tk
Rissa ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to see you go. But so glad to have run around with ya! Very Happy

Good luck with whatever you do!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base -> Bespin Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: