About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=701c5f40a328e7b1a9f1c814dd400493Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Khaleen Hentz Tutorial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess Liz Fett (Liz Welsh)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Khaleen Hentz Tutorial Reply with quote

Hello fellow scoundrels!
Here goes the Khaleen Tutorial:

First, here are a few reference images of lovely scoundrelless Khaleen:

I first started by Khaleen by carving my arm bands out of aluminum. Khaleen has a set of armbands on each arm, one at the mid upper arm and one at the wrist. The upper armband is a bit larger then the wrist band. I was able to find a nice aluminum sheet on ebay, that was long enough to make the armbands. Be sure to carefully measure your mid upper arm and wrists before cutting the aluminum! Smile I also suggest sanding the edges down so that they aren't too sharp against your skin. For connecting the aluminum, I used industrial strength stick on velcro (can be found at walmart.)
Here are what my armbands looked like before I added the stick on velcro:

And with velcro attached:

Now for the fishnet gloves and fishnet leggings. Since sewing on mesh/fishnet is difficult for me (I'm pretty much a beginner at sewing) I did some searching online for suitable leggings and gloves.
Instead of finding gloves, I was able to find a long-sleeved fishnet shirt, and I cut the sleeves off to use for the gloves. Here is a picture of my completed gloves and armbands attached:

For the leggings, if you are going to buy them instead of making them, make sure that they are wide-netted. I was able to find suitable leggings online, but I saw the same pair in Party City a few months later. Here's the left side of my costume, good shot of my leggings:

For my tank top, I was able to modify a burgundy colored tank top. Make sure that it is cut below the breasts, and has a low cut v shaped neck.

I was able to buy a pair of burgundy shorts matching the exact color of my tank top. I was a beginner at sewing when I made this costume, so I did not sew any of the parts. I recommend using a stretchy material for this costume.

Tattoo time! Smile
I made a step-by-step tutorial for Khaleen's belly tattoo on paper. I recommend using black liquid eye liner or body paint for this tattoo. Make sure if using body paint, that you are using a fine pointed applicator brush.

Step 1: Draw four arrows aiming in the four compass directions.

Step 2: Draw four rhombus/diamond shapes between the four arrows.

Step 3: Now draw two dots, one above the other, in between the diamonds and arrows.

Ta-da! Very Happy

There is also a small tattoo under Khaleen's left eye, two small black triangles.

Now for the hair!
Khaleen's hair is purple, with two short strips of hair in the front and the rest of her hair hangs down long in the back. I used a purple wig from epiccosplay.com and cut the two strips down in front. Here is my wig on a stryfoam head:

And a back view:

For the make up, I used some maybelline plum lipstick, black eyeliner, and light purple eye shadow.

I used a hasbro Westar 34 Blaster, and painted it silver.

Khaleen was my second approved legion costume, and my very first fringe costume that let me join Docking Bay 94!

pompom

I hope this tutorial helps Smile
UCGR Detachment CO
Legion Costume Judge
501st Legion member DZ-11177
https://www.facebook.com/liz.welsh.963

Nikkos Khann (Conley Nichols)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this! Very nice tutorial Liz.

Conley Smile

'I've got a bad feeling about this!'
Docking Bay 94 Commanding Officer 2011-2014
Comlink Admin - Fringe LCJ,
Charter Committee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Princess Liz Fett (Liz Welsh)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Conley Very Happy I hope my tutorial can help some people
UCGR Detachment CO
Legion Costume Judge
501st Legion member DZ-11177
https://www.facebook.com/liz.welsh.963

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: