About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d1a09fad2f132e874b1d18be47ea1a25Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Shaak Ti - TFU style
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ariel (Puck)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is time to get this costume approved. I have to do some repairs and upgrade some bits. I gradaute my BA in june and after that I have 3 months holiday.

For the approval I will be focussing on the real in-game design of the costume. It is not my favourite design, but it is the one I need for approval.

For Celebration Europe II I want to create a new Shaak Ti TFU version. I want to combine the artwork and the game version outfit. Both designs have elements I really love. So hopefully I can coorporate elements of both in one costume design.

I am doubting the colours and fabrics to use though. I am thinking of sticking to the in-game colours of the costume. But I am not sure what kind of material will fit the character best.
Ariel (Puck)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need some help. When looking closely to this fabric around her horns/montrals/ thingies....you can see some markings, some kind of pattern.
I want to remake these fabric parts in suede, but I was wondering if anyone has some advice on how to create these markings? I prefer to stay away from paint, because I don't think that is the correct way in this case.

Kal Jericho ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Puck: Maybe you can contact Maja Felicitas Bergmann from the Defcon Stuntteam on Facebook, she did a Game Shak Ti at the Fedcon and they had a Togruta Group there this Year...im sure she could help you...she is a perfectionist in doing Costume stuff Wink
Ariel (Puck)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already contacted her, but she never replied. Sad I totally understand though, I can imagine she is extremely busy with her costumes and I bet she receives many many many emails.
And when looking closely at her Shaak TI TFU version, it is awesome, but not accurate (sorry Wink )

I do love their Torgruta group, it is amazing. It really inspired me to upgrade and re-do my TFU version Smile Including these stupid little details.

Someone just told me I had look for tutorials about 'embossing suede' so I gues that is what I'll do now.

Thanks for your suggestion Smile I really appreciate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: