About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f5c2e5f2bd785adc782c408090cead0dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Shaak Ti - TFU style
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Commander_Barriss (Sarah)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks fantastic. Good work.
Ken Do Dad ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Wow!

That is truly a costume to be proud of! I was curious as to the "tweaking" you plan to do. It seemed like some of the cloth pieces may have been leather in the pictures. Would a gradual change to leather or pleather costume pieces make it better fitting?
miqt (Mike)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOw......................... Wow.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you did a great job on the outfit. You should be proud!

B-wing Pilot - Anomid Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leia (Vera Campbell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's epic!! Great job!!

rebelshaven.blogspot.com
verdaera.deviantart.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ariel (Puck)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a second version of the Shaak Ti TFU costume. But this one is based on the artwork version I found online.

I like this version much more than the actual game costume. I did use some things from the actual TFU costume though.
Like the bone, teeth pointy things at her arm, the armband and the bracelets.

I also wore a legging, to keep me a bit warmer. It was so cold outside, 11 degrees Celcius, and from time to time rain.

NassikDabak (Shawn Hisey)
Active Legion Member

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a very cool costume. I've wondered if anyone was ever going to try to create it. Good job!
blkwolf ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive you've done her well, now lets talk Darth talon :-) joking I am amazed how good she looks

(TB/SL-7744) Be Truthful in all you do and seek out the light Always!
Amanita ()

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome!
If I can ever slim down enough to do this costume, I'll probably end up combining aspects of the rendered and in-game footage to get something I like. For example, in-game she appears to be wearing a translucent cape of sorts, you don't see that in the rendered promo images or concept art.
Fuzzball ()

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ariel wrote:
I made a second version of the Shaak Ti TFU costume. But this one is based on the artwork version I found online.

I like this version much more than the actual game costume. I did use some things from the actual TFU costume though.
Like the bone, teeth pointy things at her arm, the armband and the bracelets.

I also wore a legging, to keep me a bit warmer. It was so cold outside, 11 degrees Celcius, and from time to time rain.

Unreal . This is an awesome photo and costume ! Congrats you pull it off beautifully Shocked
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for nice comments.

Fuzzball, this photographer is amazing. He made the photos of my Slave Leia shoot and I just love his style. Hope I can work again with him someday Smile

And Amanita, if you want to do the costume, just do it. Smile And do you have pictures of the cape thing? I can't remember seeing that...and I am curious what you mean. I have stared so long at the pictures but it would not surprise of I still missed something....

And blkwolf, at the moment I have no real plans to do Talon. Although I love her character, it is again sooooo much paint.
I did made a Twi'lek inspired by Talon though. Only the paint and colours were inspired by her...the costume what just a combination of things I had lying around.

Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Skaak Ti is very impressive, have you ever tried to get it approved?
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ariel (Puck)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Smile

I have not tried to get it approved yet. I was missing some things, so I knew it would probably not get approved. Like the small spiked thingies on her forehead.

I want to fix everything for approval though. But I think only the official game version can be approved, not the artwork version. (although the artwork version is sooo much more awesome)

First I need to repair some other costume and work on my CVI costume. After CVI I'll probably going to work on my Shaak Ti approval.
Wish I could bring Shaak Ti to CVI though Sad But there is no way I can fit the headpiece in a suitcase in the plane.
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it could get approved as informal, if it does not have three separate references, and you could wear it to non-canon events for the rebel legion, as well as conventions Smile
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Amanita ()

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the sheer cape Shaak Ti wore, that was in-game footage only, I remember it from my playstation version of the game. I'm trying to get a look at it on the PC version, but am having some trouble clearing the level I need to, in order to get to the point where I can access her custom costume, so I can get screenshots.

edit- I went into my PC version of the game, and the unlockable shaak ti costume doesn't even appear to be there:( I used the code to unlock all costumes, and it's not there) I'll have to figure out how to get my PS2 hooked up to something I can get screencaps from.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: