Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=01f802cf387d2a5c8b95d9666c3f5273Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

EP I: TPM Pre-Senate & EP III Queen Apailana Q&A
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Old Republic Senators and Royalty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kreleia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: EP I: TPM Pre-Senate Q&A Reply with quote

grrrrrr... I can't fix the links in my post for some reason. getting the "locked by another user" error again. **grumble**

Here's the corrected links:

Denver Fabrics

Thai Silks
Jauhzmynn ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: EP I: TPM Pre-Senate Q&A Reply with quote

Humm.  looks cool.  I bet the under dresses will make it work cuz their colors will reflect to the kimono.
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: EP I: TPM Pre-Senate Q&A Reply with quote

See this thread (my post today) for news on the Obi fabric: Star Wars Costuming Book Limited Ed - pre-orders and also check this link http://www.insighteditions.com/starwars/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: EP I: TPM Pre-Senate Q&A Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by kreleia on 02 August 2005

Blue/Palest Pink:

I took the three swatches out into the sunlight this morning to compare the different sheens and colors, and in all honesty, I'm sold on the blue/palest pink. It has that beautiful light blue sheen to it that the original kimono seems to have, and you really can't tell that it's a blue/pink - it looks light grey. And since the cross threads are blue (kind of a greyish blue) and the very very pale pink, the irridescence is a pale blue. It's absolutely gorgeous. I keep trying to imagine it in a large piece to get a better idea of how it would look, and I think it would work really really well.

I have been looking at all three samples split screen with my PC wallpaper image from the FIDM exhibit . And they all look way too grey as compared to that photo.  I'm sure that the three swatches look different in natural light, but I'm not seeing the lavander undertones that I see in the actual garment when it's photographed.

Just my two cents.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Jauhzmynn ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: EP I: TPM Pre-Senate Q&A Reply with quote

Thanks for the links. If that price keeps going up, I don't think I could get it althoughy it'd be the best resoruce I could have to help make costumes for people.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: EP I: TPM Pre-Senate Q&A Reply with quote

Very shortly I hope to be able to report exactly what color the kimono is according to the Pantone Fashion Color card.  As well as the colors on many of the costumes.

Stay tuned for details.

kreleia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: EP I: TPM Pre-Senate Q&A Reply with quote

I await the Pantone color match with baited breath. Seriously. It would be so nice to FINALLY KNOW!!!
Jauhzmynn ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: EP I: TPM Pre-Senate Q&A Reply with quote

Will do Mary Alice, and thanks for the search.:-)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: EP I: TPM Pre-Senate Q&A Reply with quote

The costumes are amazing to see in person! One of the curators for the FIDM show almost had to drag me out of the museum when they closed up on Sunday. I will be posting photos and color notes soon, but first I will need to sleep.

I flew back from LA arrived in NYC at 5 a.m. and now have to put in a full day at work.

• The kimono is iridescent, so I have 4 different pantone colors that appear in the fabric.
  • And I was shocked to see that the obi is and not white  it is metallic light silver (note:when viewing the obi, it looks all silver, but you do see a hint of gold in photos due to yellowish lighting in room) http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=QueenAmidala&AID=2819164  look at Img_1590. And bummed that the obi for the fabulous limited edition book is white and non metallic gold and not a match for the costume obi, just a weave match.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: EP I: TPM Pre-Senate Q&A Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Jauhzmynn on 18 February 2005

I'm looking for high resolution images of this grey kimono gown.  

Does anyone know the proper shade the narrow sleeves dress is?   

I just started uploading my photos:
http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=QueenAmidala&AID=2819164  look at Img_1592  for good detail of the obi, kimono and underdress fabric. I still have to lighten some photos, there were a couple of rooms with dark 'mood' lighting. 

Also be sure to keep checking Dressing A Galaxy: The Costumes of SW (photos!) I will be updating the links for photos as Rebel Spies and R2 units provide them

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: EP I: TPM Pre-Senate Q&A Reply with quote

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: EP I: TPM Pre-Senate Q&A Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by kreleia on 23 July 2005

Okay, did some more digging last night, and came across two very good sources for possible Apailana fabric:

http://www.arabiannights.ca
http://www.syriangate.com

Neither one of them have an exact match to the arrow feather pattern on Apailana's fabric, but they have gorgeous metallic silk brocades. Apparently, Syrian silk brocade is famous for this rich metallic look, so it's very likely that Apailana's fabric was collected from either a dealer, or Trisha took a trip along the silk road (which wouldn't surprise me).

I WISH I could see these fabrics in person!

I asked Trisha Biggar about the Queen Apailana Ep III kimono fabric and where she found it. She said it was a "one-off" metalic thread fabric woven in India that she purchased in London. So it's going to be even harder to find than I thought.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: EP I: TPM Pre-Senate Q&A Reply with quote

http://www.starwars.com/ is featuring nice Pre-Senate costume artwork on their main page don't know how long it will be up. 

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: EP I: TPM Pre-Senate Q&A Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by kreleia on 22 July 2005

One of the girls - Nacchi, I believe - from the TFN C&P board just posted pics of her Ep. 1 Pre-Senate gown. It's quite pretty - apparently she picked Holly's brain a lot about the hair-fan, so the headpiece looks really really good. The rest of the gown is really nice too. One of her friends did Queen Apailana's gown, and they paraded around Comic-Con together. How fun!!

Over at Jedi Council Nacchi has posted notes and photos on her headfan.  http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=9156631&start=21854844

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: EP I: TPM Pre-Senate Q&A Reply with quote

A white tone on tone Diamond pattern http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/catalog_itemdetail.aspx?ItmID=D5054  I know that the Obi is really dull metallic silver, but it shows up white/off white when photographed. might work. You may have to tea stain or dye it off white.

And there is an off white diamond one at Fabric.com Country Jacobean Dotted Diamonds Khaki

Edit: Biba-Fett on JC says the Obi is snapped on! (Hey my snapped Obi is correct, who knew). I'm asking for some further details, but it's not knotted, as I suspected http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=21653422&brd=10019&start=22479714 )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Old Republic Senators and Royalty All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: