Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6b725373bd61704c4a2af73e0a11f6b7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Budysuit Pattern Check

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rorrlancca ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:48 am    Post subject: Budysuit Pattern Check Reply with quote

Hi folks -

I think I've made a body suit pattern that I'm happy with (though I'm a bit concerned that it's too thin in the butt -- it fits, but doesn't flow smoothly into the top). This is just made out of muslin. The legs flare out to the size of the lifts at the bottom. I opted to have it flare all the way from the crotch to the bottom of the pants leg -- it seemed to look the most natural.

I've also drawn in where I think the grey fur should extend (the solid black lines). The long dashed line is 4" above the solid line; the shorter dashes mark a point 8" above the solid line. I figure the length of the grey hair should gradually go from 8" to 4" at the bottom to help with blending. (BTW, please ignore the uppermost line on the legs with the x's -- I initially made the grey area on the legs too small.)

I'm mostly concerned about the grey pattern itself. Does this look about right to you?

And some close-ups:

Any advice and comments are appreciated!

Thanks,
Rorr
Dougie Fett ()

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I think it's too flarey. It should be a tighter fit in my opinion.
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be form fitting but it's kind of hard to tell on a PVC mannequin. Can you take some photos of you wearing it?
Rorrlancca ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all -

I finally got a chance to get my wife to snap some photos of me in the bodysuit pattern. Based on the feedback here, am I correct that the legs shouldn't be quite that loose at the top? I'm trying to avoid the "huge club foot" phenomenon, but that may not be avoidable.

Would it be better to put in "leg muscles" as others have discussed, or just slim down the thighs (or both)?

Thanks!
Rorr

SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the biggest advantages to not having stilts and going with the platforms is the slimmer look to the legs. Your suit IMO is too baggy negating the slimming look you could acheive by bringing in the fabric a bit.

Stilt users tend to be a bit more tree trunk like and baggy... which is what I have.

I like the way the pants blend into the boots, but over all too baggy in the legs and arms

my 2 cents

Bob
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over all it looks pretty good. I would second what Bob said about tightening up the legs a bit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: