Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5cc91db5bfe6b53eaedb9e52c921db2fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Han Solo belt build-WIP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Starting on my own belt soon, and I was wondering if you can share where you got your templates for the belt and pouches?
CaptSolo77 (Brian)
Mos Eisley Base XO
Mos Eisley Base  XO

Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey kman,

Welcome to the asylum!! Hope your journey to a new Solo costume is a good one.

I created all my own patterns based off screen caps and references to other rigs, primarily the one offered by MP Filmcraft. I was unsure, however, of exact measurements when I made my patterns. Consequently, mine are slightly larger than what is screen-accurate.

It works out well for me, since I'm a little bigger guy, but I would recommend ladysolo14's build for a more accurate pattern; at least for the buckles, pouches and such. She's done an outstanding job!!

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=76807

"I may not be Han Solo, but I play him in real life."
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Yes, I've been following ladysolo's thread as well. Is it recommended to print her pattern to scale (should be possible, since it's photographed on a ruled background) and clone it? Or are you saying everyone should try to create their own patterns?

I have the buckle set from RFTJon, so at least that part won't be a concern for me. Smile
CaptSolo77 (Brian)
Mos Eisley Base XO
Mos Eisley Base  XO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think printing her pattern to scale would be fine. I'm pretty sure she posted it so that others could use her work as a starting point, so I don't think she'd mind you using her patterns. If in doubt you could always shoot her a quick PM to ask if it's OK, but I don't think there'd be a problem...

Quote:

I have the buckle set from RFTJon, so at least that part won't be a concern for me. Smile

Good choice for the hardware... Cool

Marq76 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all the belt-makers here,I have some Pattex-glue and it´s suppose to handle (glue) everything like leather,plastic,wood and you name it. Instructions say that it can stand up to 100kg (220lbs) of pull or stress.After it sets it´s like plastic.I´m thinking of using Pattex for Han´s buckles for the pieces that hold the leather as in metal on metal.Little like these pieces:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ac/41/54/ac41546f6bbf6d6850d1de68c508a8de.jpg
What do you think?
CaptSolo77 (Brian)
Mos Eisley Base XO
Mos Eisley Base  XO

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it would work. I used JB Weld for mine, and have never had any issues with it coming loose, but the Pattex sounds promising as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: