About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=cfe0d9c4af93b288a22afde56e6aa01eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Just an FYI - I'm out of the wookiee bizness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duck

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Just an FYI - I'm out of the wookiee bizness Reply with quote

Hey, I figured I should post something here considering I still get several requests a month for wookiee mask kits .... I'm finished with the wookiee mask business and actually have been for many months. As much as I appreciate the offers for business and the referrals people have given for my stuff, I think I'd sooner smash my head with a 5 pound hammer before I'd take another order for one of those damn kits! (Hey, after 20+ kits, you'd wanna smash your head, too).

So to you prospective wookiee makers out there looking for a head start, I can't help, but good luck. And to be perfectly honest, you would probably be better off educating yourself and learning how to make your own skulls and faces. You'll have a lot of knowledge, pride and better fit and your own personality in your mask (I can always spot a Duck kit and it always feels kinda weird seeing "your" face on other people!).

If anyone else out there has an un-built kit and can find a way to recast the skull and wants to start selling them, be my guest, consider this my 100% approval. Go nuts if you think its worth it. And if you have a kit you decided not to use, whatever price you put on it is up to you, I don't care. Truth be told, I never intended on ever trying to make a kit. I never considered it and thought it was impossible, but that damn troublemaker Adam Savage from Mythbusters talked me into it, so blame him.

Good luck, wooks! Keep trooping and building even if I'm not! And remember, whatever the event, whatever the costumes in attendance .... NOTHING beats a Chewie.

Nothing. He is the rock star of rock stars.
mrvoodoo (Jason Chrest)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to see you go - and completely understand the reasoning - hopefully you still manage to do some trooping for your own sake (sounded like you were just giving up making the stuff??)
Zaxmon (Ryan Ricks)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally understand where you are coming from. I started making things for others and it is truly a headache. hehe

I second the "do it yourself" comment. This is what I did, and mostly thanks to you, Duck, for sharing your information freely.

Does this also mean you are retired from the Rebel Legion?

Cheers!
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to see you stop making things as well Duck... yet I whole heartedly agree about people being better off if they make it themselves. However the population of wookiees in the RL has exploded because of you and your kit. So for that I am kind of bummed.

Many areas across the world are now able to have wookiees trooping in their areas because of your efforts. The info we have now on "How too" is greater than ever and I hope will be able to keep the wookies coming.

I hope you continue to troop though... your base would be loosing a big asset otherwise.

Bob
Namgorf ()

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am both happy and sad, first off happy that you were able to inspire so many to go Wookie, and sad that only a few are able to appreciate your work.

I am more happy that you are free and not burdened to the pressure of all the mayhem of creating props, and happy that Adam Savage was able to convince you, I meet Adam last year at SDCC 2010 and he was so proud of the wookie costume, and that was inspiring to me and made me excited about working on my wookie, thanks to you Duck, You have made a lot of people happy, not just the builders but all the fans that we perform for as well...

Thank You Duck....
Greywolf (Julie Yakes)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to thank you, Duck, for my own mask and toes. They are really awesome and your kit has made a lot of people happy, me not the least. I love trooping as Chewie, and I'd like to say thank you for helping to make that possible.

Cheers, and best of luck in all your future endeavors. Very Happy
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new to being a wookie and am Tarfful myself, thanks to Ryan. Take care and enjoy costuming now.
TheNegotiator (Derek Struchtemeyer)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to echo Julie's (and everyone else's) sentiments... A garrison mate was lucky enough to get one of the Duck masks and subsequently his Chewie costume he sold to me.
It's by far my favorite costume and I/we owe a debt of gratitude to you Duck. THANK YOU!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: