About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9b60fe1648992c7b3d280cbdfbf915e6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

July 23 (Houston, TX) TX Children's Hospital

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (2)

(0)

User Registered Confirmed
Galen MarekMon Jul 11, 2011 9:51 pm
SirkEkulSetaxMon Jul 18, 2011 7:41 pm
User Registered Confirmed
Danpa (Danny Patterson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject: July 23 (Houston, TX) TX Children's Hospital Reply with quote

GREAT NEWS - WE SCORED ANOTHER TRIP TO THE TEXAS CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL

DAY AND DATE:
Saturday, July 23rd, 2011

TIME:
From 10:00 AM - NOON

6621 Fannin Street
Houston, Texas 77030

COSTUMES:
Any costumes are fine, Canon or Expanded Universe

WEAPONS:
Allowed, but the staff reserves the right to deny the use of any weapons.

CHANGING ROOM:
A Changing room with be provided. Normally this is an office area. The Volunteer Office is very spacious and accomdating to everyone. If necessary we can change by taking turns.

PARKING:
There are a number of parking garages in the area. Refer to the website for more information. If you choose to use Valet Parking it will be Validated.
http://texaschildrens.org/allabout/maps/default.aspx

PHOTOS:
Will be allowed contingent on the rules of Texas Children's Hospital

WAIVER/RELEASE:
All participants will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement PRIOR to Trooping.

HANDLERS:
Handlers are authorized. If someone wants to be available to take photos of the Troopers and the Patients and take responsibility for e-mailing photos to the patients, that would be FANTASTIC. We have done this in the past and the Patients really love it so I will be asking for volunteers to do that as well.

TROOPING POSSIBILITIES:
If we have enough folks, 10-12, we will split up into 2 Groups to cover the most ground, so doubling up on costumes for this event is acceptable (as long as we have enough people). If we had 2 Darth Vaders that would be AWESOME to cover the most area.

POINT OF CONTACT (TCH):
Laura from Volunteer Services will be our main contact.

POINT OF CONTACT (SG):
I will be acting as the Point of Contact but as most of you know, I am leaving Star Garrison soon but will hopefully be able to attend this event. We'll keep it me for now but I will pass on that torch as needed or directed by our fearless leader.

REBEL LEGION:
Always welcome but I don't know how to contact them. A little help please.
R2D2 is welcome to troop this event.

QUESTIONS:
Feel free to ask about anything I've missed ... ask Marshall Conover on the Kessel Base boards.

Email:
Marshall.Conover@gmail.com

Thanks.

Marshall
TR 1152
* 501st Legion (Star Garrison - STXS) ID/IG-7595
---- Imperial Officer Corps
---- Imperial Gunnery Corps
* Jedi Assembly (Southern Order)

Last edited by Danpa (Danny Patterson) on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Galen Marek (Patrick Bradley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats up with the confidentiality agreement? when do we have to do that?
"A man who inflicts suffering can't rest. His guilty mind wont allow it, but today I can finally close my eyes to the living nightmare, knowing that I won't wake again." - scarred man from Ishbal (name unknown)
herbie7159 (Marshall Conover)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Entrance 11 is on fannin St. You can also use Entrance 12 and walk.
When you park take your ticket and your gear to the 1st floor room A125 , the building should be on the left. They will take care of your parking.

Please try to get there before 9:30 , but late arrivals are ok. You can follow the same directions above , or we can send someone to get you.

They are cool to have 2 groups go at a time.

As for the kids..... They change 1 time visit to 18 and up b/c of the H1N1 problem.

No pictures of the kids unless the Parent or Legal guardian says its ok. IF they say its ok there is paperwork just for that.

I have the paperwork EVERYONE HAS to sign. The paper can fit upto 5 names, so I will have it ready for you when you get there.

Any questions let me know.
Galen Marek (Patrick Bradley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever took the pics for this event, please post the group photo or at least PM me a copy. Thanks.
"A man who inflicts suffering can't rest. His guilty mind wont allow it, but today I can finally close my eyes to the living nightmare, knowing that I won't wake again." - scarred man from Ishbal (name unknown)
herbie7159 (Marshall Conover)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I get the pic. I will send it too you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: