About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=01021c5c2a0840822a3854684fac4694Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Question about Parksabres? And fx sabres
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adam.S ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drazhar wrote:
Adam.S wrote:
Hey guys thanks again I found lots of useful info on fx sabres.com , but just as I was enjoying it for some reason Ive been looked off the web site, if any one has any details for any forum guys on there you could pass on to me so I can try to get back on there would b much appreciated ,
Cheers Adam

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=31791.msg425268;boardseen#new

try to view that as a guest if you can please.

Hey mate, I tried but all I get is this

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry Adam.S, you are banned from using this forum!
spammer
Back
Any extra help would be apreciated

New South Wales/ACT
Australia
501st CC 5722
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably need to delete your cookies for that forum to view it as a guest.

But to make it easy, here's the post you need to see:

DARTH VADER wrote:

Hi there,

In recent weeks, SMF forums have been inundated with hundreds of spammers each day. This is not an exaggeration. HUNDREDS! EACH DAY. The Moderation Team here at FX-Sabers has done an outstanding job in limiting the amount of spam that actually gets through the forums, and of the very few, (by comparison) actual spammers that manage to post a topic, our great members have been actively reporting the topics to bring them to the attention of the Moderation Team.

To ease this burden, we've put new measures in place to limit even further the amount of spam that come to our forum. While these measures work, they have the potential to inadvertently ban a valued member, or prospective member. We expect this effect to be near minimal, hopefully non-existent, but we are putting this topic up as a preemptive measure. If I can make such a huge mistake as leaving an air vent the size of a womprat exposed on my "indestructible space station", ....surely I can accidentally ban a member on the forums, right? Very Happy Very Happy

If u are able to view the forums as a guest, but any log in attempt by a registered username displayed the "ban page", please contact us immediately via email, we can resolve this.

In the email, please state your real name, as well as your FX-Sabers username and the email address which you used to register with.
Send the email to callaisd@bellsouth.net

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all your help guys .

New South Wales/ACT
Australia
501st CC 5722
Bouri-Plwel ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will NEVER use Parks Sabers again after my experience with them. I wanted a very specific looking saber that they had pictured on their website at the time in the conficguation that was shown.....the saber I got was not the saber shown on the site.......when I contacted them with my complaint, they told me that they reserve the right for "artistic" purposes to alter their sabers without notice as they see fit to best represent their product.....in other words, they were out of the parts and couldnt get them anymore to make the saber I wanted and threw something else together that was close to it to make the sale!!!

They refused to refund my money as they claimed I got what I ordered.....then they would not talk to me anymore about it and ignored my further messages.

Bad customer service, bad saber smithing, bad experience all around.

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow thanks Rick. Never had a clue. When was this?

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam - Please let me know if you have any further issues with getting on Fx-sabers. I am also one of the administrators of the forum (Darth Maul) and would be glad to help you out. We've had to take a lot of measures into affect due to spammers and unfortunately some people that are not get caught in the crossfire at times.
Philonius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's one more saber maker that won't get my biz! Well, Saber Forge delivered, but much later than originally promised (8 weeks instead of 3), with some runarounds. He offered to refund shipping for the trouble, and it's been almost a month and no refund. I'm not pissed yet, just disappointed... likely not go back. Parks though, wow, sounds like I made out a lot better. Sorry you had so much trouble, Rick.

"The value of moving slowly is that one can always clearly see the way ahead."
Drazhar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take Parks over Saberforge any day.

Even over Ultrasabers actually, I know Parks would take time, but I would get reasonable quality.

*shrug*
Dacen Salu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually spoke with Mr Parks about a month ago with some questions
about purchasing one of the sabers on his site, he was helpful and gave
me some guidelines to follow when i make the purchase. I did buy a
saber from him a while back....yes, i did have to wait but it was worth it

The Force fights WITH me!!!
Adam.S ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back on line and back to reading, it seems like sabre makers are generally busy? Im sure I read some where Jeff parks was having family issues, wow I didn't expect so much feed back thank you, only if Hasbro would bring out an Ashoka , it would save a few head aches lol, I've approached a few makers and had one response, so I'll hold on to my cash for a bit longer lol.
Thanks for being so honest guys,
Cheers Adam

New South Wales/ACT
Australia
501st CC 5722
Drazhar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam.S wrote:
I'm back on line and back to reading, it seems like sabre makers are generally busy? Im sure I read some where Jeff parks was having family issues, wow I didn't expect so much feed back thank you, only if Hasbro would bring out an Ashoka , it would save a few head aches lol, I've approached a few makers and had one response, so I'll hold on to my cash for a bit longer lol.
Thanks for being so honest guys,
Cheers Adam

Nocture Armory has done an Ahsoka on a few occasions, you can probably find someone selling an empty Ahsoka hilt from the last korbanth run if you post a WTB in the Trade Federation, and there was someone else who did an ahsoka variant.

Certain smiths are indeed very busy, Vader's Vault has a backlog I believe until next year now, if not longer at this point. LDM is on hiatus for a bit, JudgeSaberSmith is also on a break from sabersmithery, the Gemini Boys are still pretty open I believe, but I won't swear to it, Jango Fett has openings.

The list goes on and on, you can find more "small time" sabersmiths in the mining colony section as well.
Philonius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drazhar wrote:
Certain smiths are indeed very busy, Vader's Vault has a backlog I believe until next year now, if not longer at this point. LDM is on hiatus for a bit, JudgeSaberSmith is also on a break from sabersmithery, the Gemini Boys are still pretty open I believe, but I won't swear to it, Jango Fett has openings.

Well crap, now I feel bad complaining about a few extra weeks, if everyone else has been waiting forever!

Is it a matter of waiting for quality or certain styles?

Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I would not personallly purchase from saber forge but in the end its up to each person who they'll buy from and their reasons

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drazhar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philonius wrote:
Drazhar wrote:

Well crap, now I feel bad complaining about a few extra weeks, if everyone else has been waiting forever!

Is it a matter of waiting for quality or certain styles?

Being as I'm not one of the aforementioned parties, I can't offer perfect insight into what causes delays. I know for a fact that Vader's Vault has said each of their custom sabers takes weeks to build though, and that they will not let work leave their bench until they feel it is perfect in every way the custom requested.

Phil has a great eye for design at saberforge, I'm just not fond of his electrical work and the tendency to have some sharp edges on his hilts.

*still waiting for that VV saber*

As a general rule of thumb, if it's custom made it takes longer.
Philonius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be a radical concept, but would it be feasible for some of the more saber-savvy Masters here to compile a "consumer guide" to the various saber smiths? Maybe rate the vendors according to quality, service, and features. I am STILL discovering new smiths after doing my own web searches.... I guess it gets to a point where if you don't know what's what, the slickest website is the bread-winner. Kinda how I stumbled on Saber Forge.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: