About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b460e70938342e539cc9a9001925444cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Arisia, Boston, MA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyle Darklighter (Garrett K McCarthy)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Arisia, Boston, MA Reply with quote

Fellow Rebels the NEG is planning an apperance at a local convention in Boston. Arisia is a long running fan run sci-fi convention. This con is more of a lit/reader con at heart. However it does boust some of the most diverse programing around. Sci-fi, Gothic, RPG & LARP Gaming, Filking, Fandom, Art, Anime are all present at this con. As well as the only ICG sponsored Masquerade in New England. As a result it attracts some of the best costumers on the east coast. You won't see magor media guests hear though. Mostly authors and artists. Personally this is my favorate con in the area and I've been going for about 8 years now. Most of the circles I travel in are represented in. Some people find this type of con boring. It is tough to say who will enjoy it and who won't. We are trying to inject a little more mainstream energy into thid con in the hopes of making more accessable to other fans.
Toward this effort the NEG will have a recruiting table set up. We plan on raising money for Kaite Johnson. As well we will also sponsor a panel on Star Wars costuming.
We extend an open invite for Echo Base personel in the area and beyond to join us on the January 21-23 for this event. If you have questions please feel free to ask.
For direct con info visit
www.arisia.org

Garrett
NEG/Echo Base Liason
phantom8 (Brian Anderson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Arisia, Boston, MA Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Kyle Darklighter on 15 December 2004

Fellow Rebels the NEG is planning an apperance at a local convention in Boston. Arisia is a long running fan run sci-fi convention. This con is more of a lit/reader con at heart. However it does boust some of the most diverse programing around. Sci-fi, Gothic, RPG & LARP Gaming, Filking, Fandom, Art, Anime are all present at this con. As well as the only ICG sponsored Masquerade in New England. As a result it attracts some of the best costumers on the east coast. You won't see magor media guests hear though. Mostly authors and artists. Personally this is my favorate con in the area and I've been going for about 8 years now. Most of the circles I travel in are represented in. Some people find this type of con boring. It is tough to say who will enjoy it and who won't. We are trying to inject a little more mainstream energy into thid con in the hopes of making more accessable to other fans.

Toward this effort the NEG will have a recruiting table set up. We plan on raising money for Kaite Johnson. As well we will also sponsor a panel on Star Wars costuming.

We extend an open invite for Echo Base personel in the area and beyond to join us on the January 21-23 for this event. If you have questions please feel free to ask.

For direct con info visit

www.arisia.org

Garrett

NEG/Echo Base Liason

Allow me to modify this a bit...

We're looking to see if there's interest in setting up a Rebel table at the con, not to combine the 2 groups at one 1 table.

The 501st is going to have a table there, and if there is any rebel interest a second table may be booked.

Just wanted to be clear about that Wink

Reaper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: Arisia, Boston, MA Reply with quote

Here's to hping the interest is there for a second table Smile

Things went well at Super Mega Fest, This should be a great opertunity to show off the banner again, and pass out some info! Smile

Phantom6 (Justin Craig Manning)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Arisia, Boston, MA Reply with quote

My infultration of the garrision has gotten me this intel :   The NEG will be there for saturday only. In the event we get a table, we could extend it to all the weekend if we get enough people willing to go and man the table. 

---Since the Costuming get together has been moved to Chiller, and I can not make it .---

I am hoping to take this weekend off or at least part of it, and help with the table.  I offer my desktop for the table.  I plan on getting a flat screen monitor after XMAS... since it looks like I won't get to buy that nice DELL PXS in time for CIII , not if I am going to get my  costumes done in time.    -- still looking for Lance about the clone trooper info

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dylan Starstriker (Joseph T. White, Jr.)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Arisia, Boston, MA Reply with quote

I will happily bring props for the table. I am also planning on being on the costume panel with Garrett and Brian.

mooglar (Mark Stafford)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Arisia, Boston, MA Reply with quote

I would be willing to bring stuff for the table as well, as long as someone is willing to take responsibility for it not getting lost or stolen.

I would also be willing to sit on a costuming panel if you need more people. I've done most of my costume creation in isolation from any costuming groups, so I might have some ideas and techniques that are different than some of the other panelists.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Arisia, Boston, MA Reply with quote

I would be happy with just a Saturday table myself. Friday night is usually getting settled in, casing dealers row and for me shmoozing. By Sunday most folks are trying like hell to get out of the hotel before 1pm. Plus I will probably have Masqurade debrief and maybe 1 or to panels to attend. I would rather just do a one day Table. Though we could leave the banner up until Sunday afternoon if need be and have info sheets on hand. Do we have any leftovers from SMF?

Garrett
phantom8 (Brian Anderson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Arisia, Boston, MA Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Kyle Darklighter on 16 December 2004

I would be happy with just a Saturday table myself. Friday night is usually getting settled in, casing dealers row and for me shmoozing. By Sunday most folks are trying like hell to get out of the hotel before 1pm. Plus I will probably have Masqurade debrief and maybe 1 or to panels to attend. I would rather just do a one day Table. Though we could leave the banner up until Sunday afternoon if need be and have info sheets on hand. Do we have any leftovers from SMF?

Garrett

If so, we probably have them at our house in our "convention box".

I'll try to remember to check tonight.

Phantom6 (Justin Craig Manning)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Arisia, Boston, MA Reply with quote

table or no table ???

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Arisia, Boston, MA Reply with quote

Still waiting to hear. Bugged them again yesterday. Will give til Tuesday then climb the chain of command further.

Garrett
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Arisia, Boston, MA Reply with quote

Finally got confirmation on our table. It will be available sometime Thursday night. I will be there by Friday late afternoon and check location etc. We should set it up around 10AMish if Brian and Jodi don't get in till Sat. morning.

Garrett
Reaper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Arisia, Boston, MA Reply with quote

outstanding man, glad to hear it!

Don't forget the pics Wink

Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Arisia, Boston, MA Reply with quote

I was so busy at work and finishing up a costume before Arisia, that I didn't get around to reading the RL boards before I left for Boston. 

Since I showing a historic costume in the Arisia Masquerade and had a circa 1908 Vampire theme dance there also, I had little room in my luggage for any Star Wars costume. But if I had known that RL would have a table at Arisia, I would have brought something SW to wear.  Oh well

Had a great time at Arisia ...the con that would not end.®

Most of us were snowed in until Monday.

The RL members did well in the Masquerade:

Workmanship awards

Journeyman:

Best Recreation (tie) - "Hoth Princess Leia"; Joy Burnham

Craftsman/Master:

Excellence in Construction and Finishing - "Tea Time"; Mary Alice Ladd

Best Craftsman/Master Workmanship - "Hoth Luke"; Garrett McCarthy

Presentation Awards

Master:

Best Media Recreation - "Hoth Lovers"; Garrett McCarthy and Joy Burnham

Professional photos of the Masquerade are posted here:
http://www.middlebrooksphotography.com/
Click on "Order online"
then "after 10/27/04"
Then Click on "Arisia 2005"
the password is: arisia

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: