About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=06162b36dc940a9fed93453f9188a3dbMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New with lots of questions
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bonded Hawk ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: New with lots of questions Reply with quote

Hi my name is Steve and I have lurked here for awhile.I have two plans to put together ANH Solo. The short term is to get me through Halloween, the long term is to take that costume and use it for a pattern to sew an outfit.

I am about to start my blaster belt but have a few questions. I am told and have read that the belt is 2.5" wide. There is a grove 1/8" around it. In that case the tool pouches should be 2.25" tall. How wide are they? The same for the pouch by the caller.

What are the size of the buckles, or does anyone have any good high res shoots of them on the belt? I enlarged screenshots to guess ta mate the size. On the front I have 4" tall by 5" wide. The back is 4.5 tall by 5" wide. I am not too sure of these measurements though.

What are the belt tools? They look like relays to me.

That is about enough questions for now.

Thanks
Bonded Hawk
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First place I would recomend going is the FAQ section, that should get you started.
http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30392

For pictures on buckle I would suggest going to the Han Archives and spend some time going over the pictures there... should help a bit I think.
http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19539

The 1/8 inch groove you speak of is for the ROTJ belt... not ANH. The groove for ROTJ is only on the holster and not actually the belt... just so you know. Smile

I thought I had posted somewhere all the belt dementions and buckle as well... I will look for it.
Bonded Hawk ()

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate your responce. I have been using screen captures and enlarging the belt to 2.5" to get other measurements.

I must have gotten my threads mixed up about the 2/8" groove. Most of my research is done on graaveyards, and sometimes the threads run together when I get tired.

I can't find the drawing of buckle measurements now, but that might be work security blocking the pic.
Bonded Hawk ()

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate your responce. I have been using screen captures and enlarging the belt to 2.5" to get other measurements.

I must have gotten my threads mixed up about the 2/8" groove. Most of my research is done on graaveyards, and sometimes the threads run together when I get tired.

I can't find the drawing of buckle measurements now, but that might be work security blocking the pic.

Are the tool pouches 2.25"x2.25"x.5" I want to use homemade tools until I can find the proper relays for the belt. I just don't known the sizes for the pouches. I just don't want to make them too small or large and one day not have hte tools to fit.

thanks

BH

and what is no post mode ... it keeps erasing everything I try to submit.
Bonded Hawk ()

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On boots: What about EquiRoyal EquiRoyal Men's Leather Dress Boots. They average $130 and are in stock. I have read somewhere that they are a generic Imperial boot. Is that a good thing or not?
furystorm (Andrew Barton)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems they may be missing the detailing where the upper portion meets the lower portion. Not that I'm an expert by any means, and am only starting my cursory search for my own ESB boots.

I know they are crazy expensive, but I may justify the expense by saying that I'm going to be on my feet in these for at least three of the four days at CVI...

I'm sure you have seen these, but check out the detail on the front where the panels meet. Also, I don't know how accurate you want to be, but I'm doing my best to get everything really close:

http://motorcowboy.zoovy.com/c=GXUtwN99s31IEZCo4acbxKS61/product/STAR2/Han-Solo-Star-Wars-Boots-Made-to-Your-Measurements.html
Havok69 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up a set of Russian Officer boots, and they appear to be the correct height and look. Plus, you can get a pretty good deal on feeBay usually for new ones...
Bonded Hawk ()

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love a pair of Motor City boots, but they will have to come later. I'm looking for something better then vinyl. I can't find riding boots that fit and am afraid to buy the officer boots since I can't really see what I am getting.

BH
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

130$ is cheap for a pair of good boots... if they are accurate. I think they may be a few things wrong with them at first glance. First thing is they are not straight accross at the top like Hans. The other thing is the tongue at the ankle is not the same... those seem straight across.

Good Han boots that are accurate and fit, are like needles in a hay stack. I have had 2 pair so far. The first pair were accurate, but did not fit me all that well, and left me miserable after a few hours. My second pair are beutiful and fit, but are still a bit shorter than what I would like.

I have saved up for over a year to get my third (hopefully my last pair) custome made... cost 476$

My point is sometimes you can get lucky, and sometimes you don't. I have been trooping Han for over 8 years and have been very patient getting new/ accuarate boots that fit.

My advice is to take your time and eventually you will get it right... even if it takes you 8 years. Smile

Bob
Havok69 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonded Hawk wrote:
I would love a pair of Motor City boots, but they will have to come later. I'm looking for something better then vinyl. I can't find riding boots that fit and am afraid to buy the officer boots since I can't really see what I am getting.

BH

Keep in mind that if you get a good pair of boots, it might be worth it to bring it to a shoe shop and have some modifications done. Plus if the calf isn't big enough you can stretch them to some degree. Inflating a football a pump or so every day for a week or two can do wonders for making a boot fit, and that's free!

Very Happy
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many Coblers will "let boots out" Hans Display boots have been just that... let out a bit. Notice there is more than one seam on the back of boot. You can have elastic placed in between the seems to help assist you getting into the boots, and then they relax around your calves.

Here is a picture that shows the tongue at the base of the boot as well.

Straight across at the top of boot:

Bonded Hawk ()

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Todd costume has a prototype boot "Han Solo Riding Boot" he is selling on the Bay. He said, " we are expanding our products to include some Star Wars ...mostly Han Solo...wardrobe items."

It looks like his boots will be flat across the top and I think the tongue is correct, though I would value someone elses opinion.

I just can't remember if we are allowed link to Bay auctions.
BH
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting links to ebay is a gray area...

You cannot post to a link to sell your ebay stuff. You cannot post a link to help someone sell something, but I do not think there is anything wrong to post a link if your trying to show us an image for reference approval.

Bob
Bonded Hawk ()

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grey is my favorite color.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Han-Solo-Style-Riding-Boots-/250847291971?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3a67a9ea43
I know the inside top is off, I think its elastic. I'm waiting to see final product.

BH
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say those are a good start for Han boots. Not sure how the LCJ's judge the details on the boots... so you may want to check with Cobalt.

Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: