Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5622c97cf9cf8dad7eb8c5c07934a6cfMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Havok Solo build ** DONE ! **
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdyyz ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work, Havok.
STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB (JEFFREY BUHOLTZ)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW !!!!!!!! You have been busy. Nice work. Can not wait to see it all in person when it is done some day.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys - getting closer. And look what I just picked up today:

These are the same cylinders as used in the movie! Metal, and the correct color, each with their own nicely aged wear pattern. I think I'll sell some of these over at the RPF, or perhaps here if I'm allowed since I only need one.
jdyyz ()

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Very nice, indeed.
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take one. Cool
Blair (Vlastimil Sprta)
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also interested Wink

(I have already one C02 small bomb, but not with correct color Wink )

Lion Base Commanding Officer | Docking Bay 94 Detachment Executive Officer
jdyyz ()

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would, of course, also be interested. Smile
Havok69 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I got the go ahead, I've listed them in the Star Wars Costume & Prop Sale Forum...
Havok69 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look what just arrived!

One thing to note about the color; the flash is making it appear gray, but it is a nice deep black in person. I initially took the picture further away, and you weren't able to see the details well - however it came out very black. The quality is excellent. Stitching is straight, and I love the inside pockets, especially the one with the zipper. There are three velcro patches to hold the large flap on the back closed, and the loops in the back are lined with a semi rigid piece so they hold their shape.

The fit is perfect. The only complaint I have is that one of the loops has a small white stain on it, which I don't think warrants sending it back. I'll try spot treating it first to see if I can remove it. Worse comes to worse, a new loop could be sewn on relatively easily.

All in all, I am extremely happy with the vest, especially the delivery time. I'm still waiting on a shirt and pants, and then I'm done...
jdyyz ()

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! So a big thumbs up to Magnoli?
Havok69 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely. The quality of construction is evident everywhere you look. I am very pleased with the vest. I'm eagerly looking forward to getting the shirt and pants.

jdyyz wrote:
Very nice! So a big thumbs up to Magnoli?
jedimika ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Love the inside pocket.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heads up for anyone looking to put together a Greedo Killer; there's a Weaver scope with the mount rings included on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251019308364

That's the same one I used on mine, and a good deal with the rings - no bids so far.
Havok69 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprise surprise! I received my shirt and pants today. I'm officially finished, which of course deserves a dancing Chewie!

Dance Chewie

I am so glad I went with Magnoli on these items; they all fit perfectly! I was concerned about the fit since he's not local, and would mean an added expense with a trip to the tailors which could end in disaster, but it all worked out. The materials and construction are all top rate, and I could only be marginally happier, with the extremely minor exceptions which I'll get into in a moment.

First up, the shirt:

The shirt is a nice cream color, and while still a bit thin, it's thicker than Corellian Exports shirt. As you can see, the hanger peeks through the shirt in the picture, but while wearing it, that's not as noticeable. Again, like the CE shirt it is not flexible, it looks like Magnoli mainly went for the look and color rather than just matching the fabric exactly, which may no longer be an option. No problem - still love it, and the fitted look is perfect. There are only two real issues I have with the shirt, both of which are minor.

First, the sleeves are longer than what I submitted for measurements. Instead of coming down to my wrist bone, this goes the full length to my hand like a regular shirt. Not a problem, as I can pull the sleeves up a bit and have it stay, which is how I plan on wearing it, or I can re-do the hem. The second issue is the v neck. It is not like the CE shirt is, which is much closer to being screen accurate. However, it does look like the picture from the site, so I was prepared for that, even though I asked Magnoli about it prior to purchasing, and he said it was more like the CE one.

Here's the v neck:

As you can see, it's more dress shirt-like than the one in the movie, but in a way a little better as you don't see as much chest hair. I also like the collar better than the CE shirt.

Here's another feature about Magnoli's shirt I like better than the CE one:

That's how the shoulder to arm seam should be done. Much neater.

Now on to the pants:

LOL - do these pants make me look fat? I realized after taking this picture that me stretching the pants on the hanger so it would stay up make the waistline look much bigger. I'm not that big in the middle, honestly!

Fortunately, Magnoli has updated his bloodstripes so that they are not like the website picture anymore. Here's what you currently get:

They're basically spot on for RL specifications. the only issue with them is that they are done in two sections and then sewn on to each side. So, there is a hair difference in spacing where the two meet:

Just nitpicking here, really I don't care and it's not noticeable unless you're going over these with a fine tooth comb. The pants fit wonderfully. The bloostripes do bunch up a tiny bit about three or four inches down, however I think I can fix that by ironing the pants gently. If that doesn't work, the holster will hide the right side at least. The other thing about the bloodstripes is that they don't go to the bottom of the pants, but as we all know, that's not an issue with the boots.

The fabric is a nice blue color that matches the on screen look, as well as most promo shots. (Excepting the hi resolution pic in one thread here, however that looks heavily color corrected, so I don't put too much stock in the color on that one.) It has the correct pin tuck and riding seams, along with elastic stirrups.

There is a nice metal closure above the zipper, along with a button to secure the top. A nice added touch is anti-slip rubber inserts on the sides to prevent the shirt from pulling up, at least that's what I think they are for. Additionally, the stirrups are covered in the same fabric as the pants, not just the elastic, which again is a nice added professional finishing touch.

Now I've got to iron everything and get some pictures taken so I can submit my application for membership!

Woohoo!
HanSagan (Peter Haynes)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iron? Iron? No, you put them on, go for a 30 minute jog, work on the car, then sleep in them. Then you'll be suitably scruffy! Speak ye not of irons!

Seriously though, well done, the clothes look good Smile

www.angels2200.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: