About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=cde53a8b37e8b4c0f027002d35be44d3Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Endor Base at SDCC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LizardJedi (Liz Hyde)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:16 am    Post subject: Endor Base at SDCC Reply with quote

Hey everyone.

Sorry for being kind of invisible for a while... this last semester was a killer. But now I'm done! (until grad school, at least).

I will be in SJ for the summer, so this is my first time really making a trip out of SDCC.

For those that don't stay up on the LA news, I figured I would post this for those that might be driving down to SD.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/06/stay-the-heck-out-of-here-supervisor-warns-when-part-of-405-freeway-closes-for-53-hours-in-mid-july.html

Basically, they are closing the 405 for 3 days, July 15-18. That is the Thursday-Saturday before SDCC. So, if you were planning on driving down to SD on the weekend, especially Friday or Saturday, I would prepare for an alternate route, and some horrendous traffic.

So who from Endor-land is planning on making the trip this year?

The opposite of War isn't Peace, its Creation
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard about that closure on the news before we left Anaheim. They're calling it "Car-mageddon". Shocked

This'll be my tenth straight year at SDCC. I might not go in 2012 with CVI just announced, and I'll probably go to Dragon*Con next year instead.

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, great planning when the city has a bazillion people flooding in for SDCC. Someone was not on the ball with the timing of that closure!

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Leia1138 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds crazy! I'm planning to fly down so hopefully it won't be a problem.
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since there is a thread here, and I know some of you are going...

The table sign-up thread is up, and the table organizer would really love it if we could get a good turn out, wink wink, nudge nudge Wink

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=422163

The opposite of War isn't Peace, its Creation
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LizardJedi wrote:
Well, since there is a thread here, and I know some of you are going...

The table sign-up thread is up, and the table organizer would really love it if we could get a good turn out, wink wink, nudge nudge Wink

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=422163

Oh man, thought I was off the hook for table duty (heard there was no table). Hey - congrats on getting the table worked out. I hear the schedule is up tomorrow so I will check then.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: