About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=94ad2f9f16094b665a1bfa44b28cc523Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Queen Apailana

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Old Republic Senators and Royalty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silvara (Anna Malinova)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:50 am    Post subject: Queen Apailana Reply with quote

Hi people,
I'm starting to make Apailana costume and I'm trying to make a run of the brocade fabric used for this costume.

I would like to ask if there were eventually other people interested in the fabric so that I can send the estimate of yardage to the shop that would make it.

http://www.puresilks.us/index.php?route=product/category&path=5
Ladyghost4459 (Denise Cowles)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a specific one in the list that you have seen is a close match? or do they do a custom order?

I was looking for a silver with gold chevron pattern for the Kimono.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They would do a custom order, I'm waiting now for some price estimate Smile
Coranz (Jackie Chapman)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be in on it, being from NZ like KCH, it'd be awesome to be able to make this costume Very Happy

C

Twitter me This!

*Has a weakness for Disney Songs*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ladyghost4459 (Denise Cowles)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for close up of fabric...

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I have the answer from the fabric concerning this brocade, here it is:

sure we can make that design
we need a minimum order of 30 yards also please describe colors clearly
@ 21$ + 3$ shipping per yard 40 days delivery

I need to know if there would be at least two other people interested so that I could confirm the order Smile
(My estimate for one dress is around 6-7yards, but I haven't prepared the pattern yet)
princessadrelia ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Warning Reply with quote

Hey Silvara!

I dont whant to scare you, but you should be very careful with this faric seller!

I have ordered costume made farbics by them and NEVER the fabric was close to my pattern.
Last year I aksed them to make a fabric for padmes picnic gown for me...i sendend a lot of pictures, give them a very very good description who the fabric should look like.....The result was DISASTROUS!!!!!!!! Mad

What i get was a yellow-brown chiffon with ca. 5 centimeter big white flowers, BLUE EMBROIDEREY yarn and bad quality. Very expensive, very awful and totally unsuitable!!!!!!

And the lady Galadriel Chiffon i bought from them was not the fabric wich they show on their pictures!!! The fabric on the pics heavy embroidered and beaded with white matching beads....What i get was a very little embroidered fabric with silver beads..... Mad Mad

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

If you realy whant to order please let them send one "Test-Yard" before they make the fabric in big quantities!!! And let send them pictures of the finished fabric BEFORE they send it to you!

Unfortunately you CANNOT trust them!!!!!
Please believe me, I dont whant to scare you but nobody should make the same mistakes as me! Confused !!!!!!!!!!!
Silvara (Anna Malinova)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I finally got back to this project. I didn't go into having the exact replica of the fabric done, but found one I like quite well. Hope it will be good enough.
I also found some fabric for the obi, both a year ago, but with the change in the standard for this costume I'm not sute those will pass anymore... If someone knows where to find the jacquard with that design let me know...

My fabrics now: The brocade got a tiny gold spots there and it sometimes reflects more to golden color

And I prepared the underskirt and the undershirt, Skirt is of dupioni silk, shirt is some kind of crepe like fabric I guess - its hard to catch the colors on a photo though:

will add the filigree buttons on the shirt yet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking awesome! I can't wait to see how it all turns out!

C

Twitter me This!

*Has a weakness for Disney Songs*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your under layers look impeccable so far! Nicely done. I have to say the crispness of that undershirt makes me stupidly happy. Yay nice undergarments. I do really like the fabric you found for the kimono. Where did that come from? It's far better than the brocade I've been sitting on for this costume.

As to the obi fabric, I'd have to ask some of the other judges, but to me it looks close enough. This costume is such a pain because it's looking for two fabrics that, to our best searching, do not exist.

I'm really looking forward to more of your progress on this!

In various stages of planning and progress:
Generic Jedi, Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider

Royalty/Senatorial Costume Judge
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just talked it over with one of the other LCJs and we both think that the obi fabric you have is fine, as the original fabric is impossible to find. We will propose adjusting the standards later on to reflect that.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Silvara (Anna Malinova)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for checking it out, cause I was really searching for a long time and couldn´t find anything better Wink

Brocade is from this place:

they had it in gold with silver dots and I asked them to make the reverse color scheme, it took them some time but I'm happy it worked out.

http://www.puresilks.us/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=silver&product_id=3926
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a super nice fabric, probably the best one I've seen anyone find so far. I'm getting my hunt on in Japan this year, but if I can't find anything better, I may save up for some of that. I've got a gold-silver brocade I got in China a few years back, but it's not metallic.

Looking forward to more progress! Mr. Green

RebelSenator (Raychel Enck)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, keep us posted on your progress.
MidSouth Garrison, Public Relations Officer
http://www.facebook.com/LCJedi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Old Republic Senators and Royalty All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: