About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c5b3c94eff1de2bfff0bd78b73b834a7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ANH Gown. Sleeves OK, or too short?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bombergirl ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:06 am    Post subject: ANH Gown. Sleeves OK, or too short? Reply with quote

This is as long as I could make the sleeves with the Jet Set. Are the sleeves going to be too short? Thought I would get some input before adding the hood and collar.

[/img]
Renzi (Cassie)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to tell with your arms to the side, what about a photo with your arms straight out? IT looks like the lack of a collar might be making the sleeves seem longer then they will be.
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you put the mock turtleneck collar on, it may pull the sleeves up even more, since the neck area is pretty wide and open right now in the picture. The standards say it must reach the wrist for approval. It's hard to tell if the whole sleeve reaches your wrists or not. This is an iffy decision, perhaps one of the Leia costume judges could lend some advice here for you. Are you tall and that is why the fabric is not cooperating for the sleeve length?
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you if my sleeves were that short, it would bother me that they were too short. I had to make my gown with a waist seam and the top and skirt turned the other way on the fabric so I could get longer sleeves than the 60" selvedge edge would give me.

Aysel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkyrieangel wrote:
when you put the mock turtleneck collar on, it may pull the sleeves up even more, since the neck area is pretty wide and open right now in the picture. The standards say it must reach the wrist for approval. It's hard to tell if the whole sleeve reaches your wrists or not. This is an iffy decision, perhaps one of the Leia costume judges could lend some advice here for you. Are you tall and that is why the fabric is not cooperating for the sleeve length?

^^this and...

it looks as if your neck line is too wide, when you add the mock turtle neck it will pull the sleeves up past your wrist (which is bad) the neck line should hit right were your neck meets your shoulder so the mock turtle sits against your neck. My mind keeps flashing to the neck line/mock turtle of a cheerleading uniform that simplicity puts out. Good news is that the length of the skirt is perfect. if you end up needing to remake the top part, measure from right up next to your neck to just below your wrist with your arms down (you will probably need help with it) this will be the length you'll be looking for for your fabric.

501st Flagship Eclipse Costume Mentor
Kashyyyk Base Commanding Officer 2012/2013
Kashyyyk Base Membership Officer 2013/2014
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: