About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a86fc548df6c8b70ddf4f3f528018a72Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Help with new costume
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rebel-Winter ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Help with new costume Reply with quote

Well, I just got back from the Phoenix Comic Con, had a great time there! and seeing all the costumes in the star wars neighborhood got me re-inspired to work on a dream costume of mine, Targeter. I first found this character when looking at doing Winter Celchu, This image fascinated me and I was wondering if the outfit showed up anywhere else? http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/0/06/Winter.JPG
Zaxmon (Ryan Ricks)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never seen this character as a costume, but I think it would be great. She is so cool!
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got a couple:
Targeter
Leighann Montoya
Rebel-Winter ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Matt, Thanks for the Links, it is nice to see that other people have done this character, Do you know if either of those is approved?
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are marked as Informal, and there are no listed standards for any of Winter's costumes. Most likely the LCJ team couldn't find the required 3 sources for formal status. If you do a little research then more might turn up.

According to Wookieepedia, that image you posted is from Handbook 1: X-wing Rogue Squadron from the late 90's. For more references I would start in the Rogue squadron comics. You can probably find them on eBay.

You could also try contacting Targeter but she hasn't been active for years.

The jacket looks like the ribbed jacket worn by Luke during the ANH ceremonial scene, or the X-Wing pilots in Empire. The main difference is that it has some funny closures that remind me of the original series Battlestar Colonial Warrior uniforms.

I think there is a hoslter-making tutorial in the Fringe tutorials forum.
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also think Winter would be more of a Royalty/ Senatorial person ... being she worked for Leia for like ... forever.
Rebel-Winter ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Most likely the LCJ team couldn't find the required 3 sources for formal status. If you do a little research then more might turn up.

According to Wookieepedia, that image you posted is from Handbook 1: X-wing Rogue Squadron from the late 90's. For more references I would start in the Rogue squadron comics. You can probably find them on eBay.

On that note, do the 3 sources have to come from different places (e.g. comic books, trading cards, action figures) or can they all come from say comic books, so long as its 3 separate comic books?
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel-Winter wrote:

On that note, do the 3 sources have to come from different places (e.g. comic books, trading cards, action figures) or can they all come from say comic books, so long as its 3 separate comic books?

as long as they are different comic's, yes, they can be in the same series.
No, they don't have to be in three different types of media, they just don't want one obscure character that showed up in the background of one comic book type of scenario.
Birdman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a librarian and I have seen the entire collection of the Rogue Series here in our library system, they are collected into at least 2 books, Rogue Squadron (Star Wars: X-Wing Series, Book 1), and "Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader". Not sure if this helps, I will look into seeing if I can get ahold of them to find if she shows up in more than one of the books or comic series...

research so far, Winter shows up in the Thrawn series, and this info from Wookieepedia:
There is a slight discrepancy in the sources regarding Winter's alias "Targeter." In The Last Command, Winter tells Leia that she only used this alias for "a few weeks" and only on Averam. However, in numerous other sources such as X-wing Rogue Squadron: The Rebel Opposition and X-wing: Wedge's Gamble, Winter uses this alias in other locations and on other missions. Even Timothy Zahn, Winter's creator, appears to contradict his earlier work when, in Allegiance, "Targeter" is mentioned as active on Drunost.

Hope that helps. Looks like there are more than enough references just in this paragraph alone for Winter's "Targeter"
padme9055 (Tabitha G)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adari, that would be great if you could check them out! Rebel_Winter and I live in a small town, so it's hard to find things, so if you could check it out that would be a huge help.

Tabitha: a daughter, big sister, screenwriter, costumer, seamstress.
Birdman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I got the X-Wing Squadron series sent over to me, I'm reading through the Omnibus version of the X-Wing comic series and "Targeter" shows up in one of the comics all the way through (Which is like 3-5 individual comics combined into a book). Winter shows up in most every single other one but not as Targeter. The outfit that you have an image for there is actually just an image from the very back of the comic and is very different from the one in the actual comic. I can send you what "Targeter" looks like from the actual comic and it might help to figure out what the back and sides of her outfit should be. I'm gonna keep reading through till I'm done with all of the X-Wing Squadron series so I may find more. I'll let you know if I find more.
My guess is, from what I've found so far, is the reason the other RL members are "informal" is because there is not a view of the back of the image so we can't be sure what it would look like. Again, If I can find more I'll let you know.
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still do not see how any of this is Fringe. Being that its Winter we are talking about... this would be better located in Royalty/ Senetorial IMO.

Bob
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with the character. from what I understand she's leia's adopted sister (?) wouldn't that also make her a princess of alderaan?
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not 100% sure where Winter would fit, but I think she'd more likely belong in the Royalty/Senatorial section. She was Leia's adopted sister and often acted as her decoy, so I think she'd belong in the R/S section, much like Padme's handmaidens.

Birdman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My two cents,
since I just finshed reading the X-Wing Squadron series I would think that "Targeter" would actually fit under the Rebel Commandos since she is the squadron's secret military contact.... but since she is actually Winter who would absolutely be senatorial and since every Leia is Senatorial no matter what role she's playing then Winter would logically follow the same rules and always be under Senatorial.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: