About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d47d1478a01e69121b1df3b586645365Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Belt slips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wh0urdady ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Belt slips Reply with quote

Recently completed my Anakin Skywalker and wore it to CoastCon this past weekend. I was having an issue with the belt slowly slipping down to my waist after walking. Is there anything I can do to help the belt stay in its spot, or just put the belt on tighter. For some reason the pants I have photograph as a greenish tint, will probably have to get some new pants before I get this approved.

SithariRog (Roger Allen)
Legion Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm...you appear to be a "husky" Jedi?

For our larger Jedi, the belt and obi for Jedi, like kilts, should be worn at the height of contour of your belly. Otherwise, slippage is going to happen. Well...it might happen anyway, but if worn in the proper position, it should be less than it would be when bigger folks wear their belt/obi in the more modern position (below the belly button).

Then again, you can use snaps or velcro (I hate Velcro, btw) to help keep the obi in position. The belt is another matter. If these suggestions don't help, then...adjusting throughout your troops will be needed.

Plus consider that many Jedi costumes are made with "stretchy" material. That, coupled with face that we get hot during troops (I certainly do in Alabama), things sag and need repositioned sometimes.

I don't know about you or other Jedi, but...I'm constancly "primping" in my Jedi. I always want to look good, so as time permits, I'm always adjusting, tucking, straightening, re-aligning or what ever it take to keep all parts in the right place.

Hope my rambling helped Wink

Past Offices: Asst. LMO, Legion Costume Judge, DCO KJO, BCO Tranquility Base
wh0urdady ()

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SithariRog wrote:
Umm...you appear to be a "husky" Jedi?

For our larger Jedi, the belt and obi for Jedi, like kilts, should be worn at the height of contour of your belly. Otherwise, slippage is going to happen. Well...it might happen anyway, but if worn in the proper position, it should be less than it would be when bigger folks wear their belt/obi in the more modern position (below the belly button).

Then again, you can use snaps or velcro (I hate Velcro, btw) to help keep the obi in position. The belt is another matter. If these suggestions don't help, then...adjusting throughout your troops will be needed.

Plus consider that many Jedi costumes are made with "stretchy" material. That, coupled with face that we get hot during troops (I certainly do in Alabama), things sag and need repositioned sometimes.

I don't know about you or other Jedi, but...I'm constancly "primping" in my Jedi. I always want to look good, so as time permits, I'm always adjusting, tucking, straightening, re-aligning or what ever it take to keep all parts in the right place.

Hope my rambling helped Wink

Yes, it definitely gave me some things to look at.
Appreciate your input.

Thanks
samsw ()
Active Legion Member

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SithariRog wrote:
...I'm constancly "primping" in my Jedi. I always want to look good, so as time permits, I'm always adjusting, tucking, straightening, re-aligning or what ever it take to keep all parts in the right place.

Yup! me too ( Phew! Pleased you posted this...I thought it was just me Wink )

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi are primadonnas...with lightsabers who will slice those in two that comment negatively on that fact Wink

lol

Past Offices: Asst. LMO, Legion Costume Judge, DCO KJO, BCO Tranquility Base
Mihunai (Jermain Palmen)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can certainly vouch for the 'primping'.
There are way too many pictures of me rearranging everything...

As for the problem at hand, in my Obi I actually
have two ridges between which the belt fits nicely.

It helps it stay in place, though it's not a fail-safe...

As far as placement goes, I find that the ideal place is
just above the hips, or whatever your narrowest point
is that is -not- at pants-height.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: