Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ca4211d732b1ad147bad2c00861ebcf4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Latest Events
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Spanish Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xus Kenobi (Jesús Valcárcel)
Spanish Base CO
Spanish Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On with our latest troop!

Today we visited Hospital "12 de Octubre" in Madrid. We teamed up with the AECC (Spanish Asociation Against Cancer) and Fanvención, a fellow fan-based organization to visit the children suffering from Cancer in this hospital.

AECC gave us all the support and help we needed so the children would not be scared by our costumes and organised a little fancy dress party with their own volunteers so the children would enjoy themselves and forget their disease for some time.

Fanvención kindly gave us some Star Wars figures donated do them by the store Ficromic to give out to them as a present, a donation we appreciated very much since Hasbro and other toy companies told us they could not donate any material for our base to hand out at hospitals and so on...

So we do the best we can with the little we have! Everyone had a great time and on the 23rd we'll try to attend another party for children with Cancer to support them and to make sure The Force is always with them and helps them on their way to complete health.

Our friend from Fanvención in his Jack Sparrow costume and our Rebel Memberr: Socker as a RFT, Quin as Commander Gree and Aayla as Rebel Pilot Cesii. The CO (myself) used civilian fatigues to help the clone around and take pictures of the event as well as carrying the trolley with the toys around and Master Yoda on my back XD

Rebel group photo!

Imperials have entered the base!

żAnd what sort of party is this if there is no Star Wars Karaoke?

So stay tuned for future adventures! Charity missions are by far the most rewarding!

ivan_rod ()
Chilean Outpost CO
Chilean Outpost CO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muy buenas fotos! Saludos!
Xus Kenobi (Jesús Valcárcel)
Spanish Base CO
Spanish Base CO

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This weekend we took part in a parade in Santiago de Compostela celebrating the ROTJ anniversary. Our friends from Tropa Korriban organised a parade with over 350 people in costume both Rebel Legion and 501st quality as well as amateur costumes. We had an amazing time and people really enjoyed taking pictures with us and watching us march around the city. We also had the chance to remember Mr. Constantino Romero who voiced Lord Vader and many other characters in the Spanish-Spoken version of the films and passed away recently.

Next parade will be in 2017 for the 40th anniversary of ANH!

Rebel Legion Members and our new banner!

Rebels Marching through Santiago (the architecture reminds me of Naboo!)

The front of the parade with all the banners.

Our friends from Tropa Korriban with their Home-Made Stormtrooper armor!

Another Friend from Orden 66 Asturias and his AMAZING Darth Maul

And this is how the cathedral square looked! most impressive!

Our little memorial to Mr. Constantino Romero: You could see this on our Facebook Page. He was a great man and he was very close to Star Wars Fans, specially the 501st. He is a beloved personality here for his work as a voice actor (Terminator, Blade Runner, The Lion King, Star Wars...) and TV showman. The whole country was deeply moved when we learnt about his death.

Check out all the pictures on our Facebook Fanpage!

https://www.facebook.com/rebellegionspanishbase?fref=ts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Spanish Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: