About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1aad45bf6b9dcec3d9a2113e2096c175Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Mangelsen's 50th Anniversary Event-June 4-Omaha

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (2)

(0)

(0)

User Registered Confirmed
wampameatFri Apr 15, 2011 12:26 am
dawmer299Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:47 am
wampameat (Robert R. Carmichael)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Mangelsen's 50th Anniversary Event-June 4-Omaha Reply with quote

I just got this email at school from a parent of one my students.

Quote:
Mr. Carmichael -

Good morning. I work at David M. Mangelsen's and we are planning our 50th Anniversary Event. Yesterday, as we were brainstorming, the 501st came up - and I said that I would contact you to see if there was a possibility of having an appearance at our event. We are doing a family day on Saturday, June 4 - with a carnival (rides & games) and a free BBQ (that's what they did 50 years ago when they opened!) We will have face painters, balloon twisters, etc. The 501st has come to our Halloween Event, the Witches Tea, before, but I don't have the name of the person I coordinated that with anymore.

Can you point me in the right direction?

I replied that I can be the contact person and that we'd see what kind of interest we could generate.

I think this could be an awesome event! Who's with me?! Very Happy

UPDATE: 5/16/11

I met with Mangelsen's staff today and did some finalizing of details as follows.

Will changing rooms be provided? YES

Date: June 4th, Saturday

Start Time: 10 AM, meet to suit up at 9:30 AM
End Time: 2 PM, or later if we want

What is the start location/rally point? Either the Volunteer table outside, or the customer service counter inside. Go to one of those places when you get there or just call me. PM me for my phone #.

Do you want this listed as an "official Rebel Legion event"? YES

Is this a charity event? Possibly

Will water be provided? YES!

Will food be provided? They are looking into using one of the classrooms as a volunteer lunch room, so this is up in the air. They will be having free food for families attending, so if you want some of that, go right ahead.

Location? Mangelsen's, Westgate Plaza, 3457 South 84th Street, Omaha, Nebraska 68124

Will there be a booth? They are looking at getting us a canopy similar to what we've had at Dundee Days to give us some shade. I'll be bringing my 6' table, 3' RL banner, and some RL tattoos and other handouts. I'll look into getting a 3' 501st banner for the other half of the table.

Will handlers be allowed to assist? YES

Will a photographer be required? Not required, but more than welcome.

Will troopers have a place to store their gear? YES

Is the storage area secure? YES

What's the game plan? This looks to be a standard meet & greet, take photos with the kids, etc.

Charity Event:

What charity is being supported? They are looking at making a donation to the Buford Foundation in our names.

How is the contribution being handled? see above

Last edited by wampameat (Robert R. Carmichael) on Tue May 17, 2011 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
dawmer299 (Jeff Schipman)
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It so happens I'm on vacation than so count me in sir! Oh and R2 too... if you want a droid.
wampameat (Robert R. Carmichael)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R2-TD would be very much appreciated. Very Happy
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the first post with more details. Ben
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After-Action Report:

501st Attendance:
SL3905-Brad Edmonds (Vader)
TK4563-Jim Schustek (handler)

R2Central Attendance:
Moose Mendolia (R2-CM)
Jeff Schipman (R2-TD)

Rebel Legion Attendance:
Rob Carmichael (Obi-Wan)
Kenneth Turner (Anakin)

Support Staff:
Jen Owens
Denny Freeman
Aaron McCoy (bistleader - Scout Trooper)

Synopsis:
Mangelsen's Celebrated their 50th Anniversary with a big family carnival type event. There were inflatable bounce houses, face paiting, putting games, and the main attraction - US! We handed out temp tattoos, stickers, some business cards, and assorted other free stuff I had. As always, we were well received by the attendees. Nothing went wrong, the weather was good, maybe a little hot near the end. Overall, a good troop!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: